Google maps indiscreet?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Google maps indiscreet?

by the middle » 24/07/11, 07:35

Hello,
Type your name on google maps, and you might be "lucky" to find your address, and tel number offered to the world :D
Now, if you want to delete this info, it's sometimes a hassle.
http://www.google.fr/support/forum/p/ma ... 3bb5&hl=fr
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/07/11, 08:03

Get up early Lejuste or get up late? : Cheesy:

Welcome to the world 2.0 !!

But to my knowledge this only concerns companies, right?

http://www.google.com/support/places/bi ... 73102&rd=2

Google Maps collects information from many sources to provide you with the best possible results. However, it sometimes happens that users inform us of the presence of company files containing their personal details.

If this happens to you, be aware that you can delete this information yourself by modifying the file directly in Google Maps.

You can also use the Report a problem link associated with the card containing your personal information. Please note that you should not enter your personal details in your business listing as all of the information provided in your Google Places account appears on Google.

And for a business to appear on google map must register it !!

It is not automatic: the econological shop is not yet there is its address clearly on several pages of it ... since 2006 and the site has been listed on google since 2003 ...
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 24/07/11, 08:13

Hi Crist, : Cheesy:
Look at the link I gave in the introduction, you will see that people have asked for nothing, and find themselves on the web.

In fact, following a message from gmail, I asked myself questions:
Gmail asked me to give my private phone number!
There, it tickles me too much, whatever the reason.
(loss of password, etc.)
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/07/11, 08:56

- Well, I read it, that's where I took the link I quote ...

The person in question does not indicate that he was not pro ... he indicates that he did not give the authorization but that he may have been taken for him (if he asked for a referencing of site for example) ... On the social networks, facebook in 1st, which requests the authorization to put an image?

If google maps gave the last name, first name and such of people, we would all be there already. All they need to do is scan the white page directory !! It may be in progress!

The only "protected" would be the red lists ... and again ...

We must also stop paranoid internet, I'm sure this lady has been in the white pages for years and she didn't complain ...

Besides, who gave permission to the white pages of the Post Office to be there?

- For the Gmail number, strange, are you sure it was an official email and not phising? Ah no maybe it is for password recovery? You can also use another email ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 24/07/11, 16:11

google most often displays what is found elsewhere on public documents, telephone, white pages (so addresses if your name is rare), yellow, publications of all kinds, forums, scientists, techniques !!
google only reproduces !!

For me you will find lots of information, on my life by looking well, from econology !!

google only lists them !!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/07/11, 18:46

dedeleco wrote:For me you will find lots of information, on my life by looking well, from econology !!

Absolutely, starting with your location ...

... but it's still vague : Mrgreen:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 24/07/11, 19:18

By being slightly more detective, reading my indications on my life, you will find my name, addresses and articles !!

With what google lists in public access, we find a lot of information on people's lives, with a little detective work !!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/07/11, 19:28

Yes it was humor huh!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 24/07/11, 23:10

To have fun, look for my name, already, with the same name on 3 departments in white pages, with some very clear information on econology. :D
0 x