Orange and Wanadoo bridle your mails / mailing list ... Thank you!

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Orange and Wanadoo bridle your mails / mailing list ... Thank you!

by Christophe » 24/03/11, 20:11

This is the ongoing controversy among all webmasters who manage mailing lists (legal mailings, I specify!) ...

The administrators of orange and wanadoo to fight supposedly against spam, have found nothing better than to restrict in an ultra abusive and restrictive way (3 mails per attempted sending per hour I believe!) The transfer of incoming mails from the same server ...

If you have 1000 emails to send to wanadoo, it will take you 330h or nearly 14 days when they should leave in less than an hour! Most mail management software drop mails after 4 or 5 days ... so mails that have not left are permanently lost ... and it overloads the sending server in any case!

All this to say that if you no longer receive a mailing list on your @ orange.fr or @ wanadoo.fr mailboxes, it is quite normal, they remain blocked on the sender's server... so the only solution is to change the dairy because apparently the orange administrators do not want to go back (the practice dates from the end of November 2010)!

Here are the orange methods (2 of QI ???) to fight against spam ... which largely impacts legitimate shipments! :| :|
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 24/03/11, 20:34

Madness, because real SPAM has no difficulty in concealing their sending IP address, and you will have to do the same by becoming a hacker and multiplying fake sending IPs !!

Scandalous !!

Since other providers know how to eliminate SPAM without penalizing their many customers who all receive the same email from the same sender, well referenced and safe !!

Not written on:
http://assistance.orange.fr/comprendre- ... ge-984.php
except :
The address of one of your trusted correspondents may be misused by a virus or worm to send spam. Certain recent viruses such as Zimus and Zbot thus recover all the addresses present on the infected computers in order to make new spam!
Last edited by dedeleco the 24 / 03 / 11, 21: 08, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/03/11, 20:46

Obviously dede! Scandal!

Such a method would have been understandable at a pinch 10 years ago ... when the (anti and) spam methods were not well defined ... In 2010 and on the part of a group like Orange ... it is is just anything! : Shock: : Shock:

Such a decision means less growth ... if if ...

I don't know if France needed that ... :|
0 x
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sherkanner » 25/03/11, 10:08

Nothing very surprising, just a picture of the current policy applied in France.
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/03/11, 10:20

Small image to illustrate the problem:

Blue curve = mails "pending" for dispatch.

The slow slope = emails sent (with long delays but sent anyway)

The rapid slope = mails not sent after the mail server delay = lost (dropped)

Basically there are 3 to 4 emails leaving ... per hour !!

About 85% of "losses" ...

I don't know how the "big managers" of mailing manage to get around the problem, but I think there are no solutions ... except to use dozens of servers! Unthinkable for most webmaster ...

For the "details" (but for the moment there is nothing to find more than what I said), type "orange slow down" in gg

Orange's response is just pitiful: http://entraide.orange.fr/assistance/me ... html?dub=2
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"