Mouth on the electrical appliances (futile complexity?)

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Mouth on the electrical appliances (futile complexity?)

by the middle » 11/03/11, 08:21

Hello,
No wonder some innovative technologies are emerging.
Some examples of the stupidity of industrialists.
My microwave oven, my wife and I only use 20% of its functions (too complicated); at work, it's the same.
Too many functions ... and if by chance, you take the courage to study it, in 5 years you will have to buy a new one, and re-study (easy for old people)
Another big example: the washing machine: I have 25 settings! and I use two ...
Another example: the television headphones for my grandmother, she is deaf, visually impaired, like many old people, so it's an "essential" tool for her happiness.
All these headsets have a bunch of useless button microphones, which are a barrier to the serenity of our future old age.
I solved the problem, I put adhesive paper on the volume button, on the choice of channel, etc ...
To put the helmet on its charger stand, I couldn't find the solution.
Another nonsense, the Skype communication program.
I have been using it since ho !! 8 years at least, great, but 6 years ago i change headphones every 6 months pcq wires get tangled and break, 6 years ago i ask, "do you have wireless headphones?"
Each time the answer was no ...
Yet it was easy to do (now, well, it exists) (It allows my wife to cook while her daughter tells her about her life on the other side of the world, and for me, to relieve myself during the eternal ones. whining from my sister)
So, if our manufacturers do not understand such simple things, it should come as no surprise that moving from a very polluting world to a "clean" and pleasant world will still take a long time.
It's not true? but how stupid they are!
All the more stupid as they don't realize that they too will be old one day.
There you are, now I am calm and relieved.
Kisses :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/03/11, 12:15

With their complicated handwriting learned in 7 years, Asians are more careful and meticulous than Europeans, and therefore they are happy with more complicated devices than we are !!

Hopefully not too many Japanese people die in the tsunami and the massive earthquake that just happened.
0 x
Did67

Re: Rant about household appliances

by Did67 » 11/03/11, 12:51

lejustemilieu wrote:Some examples of the stupidity of industrialists: D

I quite agree.

In the same vein: always "taped" in front of the recesses of the flat bowls of mixers, robots, choppers when it comes to washing them ... I understand well the principle of the resistance of materials and how they reduce the amount of plastic without it being deformed, but from there to make such a labyrinth!

That said, for the too many "buttons", the consumer has his share of responsibility, I think: we are "spit" by all the possibilities, functions, etc. and we sincerely believe, at the time of purchase, that it 'is interesting ! This does not deter manufacturers always putting more, since it works! (I mean: it sells ...)
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Rant about household appliances

by Gaston » 11/03/11, 13:33

Did67 wrote:That said, for the too many "buttons", the consumer has his share of responsibility, I think: we are "spewed" by all the possibilities, functions, etc. and we sincerely believe, at the time of purchase, that it 'is interesting ! This does not deter manufacturers always putting more, since it works! (I mean: it sells ...)
We must also try to satisfy as many buyers as possible with the same product, because even if each one uses only two functions of a device, they are not necessarily the same functions from one user to another.

Unless we manage to order washing machines like new cars: with a catalog of options (and paint colors) and one month of manufacturing time : Lol:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/03/11, 14:10

In microcomputing, it is easy to provide a program for configuring the functions of the buttons as desired, with a few standard models to choose from, from simple to complicated according to everyone's tastes !!
We don't, because customers do not ask for it by refusing to buy !!
Most do not look at the device with care, but that the aesthetic aspect !!
It is impossible to have detailed specifications on most devices and customers buy with their eyes closed instead of going on strike like me who keeps devices even 30 years old, fed up with these sales methods where you have to buy your eyes closed on the inside !!
Un simple old device that I repaired has no more breakdowns.

Windows 7 has nothing more than XP, rather less !!
0 x
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sherkanner » 11/03/11, 14:44

Usually, the products I buy are preferred by their functionality and reliability. Design comes second (if at all I can consider this factor).
I look for objects that cover my exact needs, no more needs, I know how to define my needs and simplify them, unlike most people (its demand for thinking, and go think without brains : Cheesy: ).

In short, I am looking for functional, efficient, but easy to use objects for a fixed maximum price.

For a car: I prefer comfort. Consumption comes second. Then only the ease of maintenance. (well, with these specifications, I arrived at citroen suspension hydrau, maintenance not super simple, reasonable consumption, but unbeatable comfort on the planned price range)
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday