Toshiba Eco Utility: monitored laptop consumption!

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Toshiba Eco Utility: monitored laptop consumption!

by Christophe » 29/11/10, 17:54

We just bought a laptop Toshiba Satellite L670, in the software suite which, for a big brand and after some purges (impossible on some brands!) No longer looks like an official VIRUS (there was still ebay preinstalled .. .), there is a ptit nice software for energy monitoring here are some screenshots:

The peak is when I launched GIMP to capture :)

The historical monitoring of consumption, the fluorescent green parts is what is saved by switching to ECO mode:

The conversion of kWh to CO2 (configurable according to the country):

It's still the equivalent of a few km by car!

Uh you think that a similar app can exist for any pc? (I do not have google yet but I'm going for it!)

ps: speaking of the official virus suite: do acer and asus laptops also have it or is it a "clean" installation (we hesitated)?
0 x
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 30/11/10, 08:24

All the PCs or laptops I install have pre-installed programs.

So, every install at my customers is 2h that must be provided to clean ...

For some I'm even forced to start from scratch, because there are zgouings in the registry that fuck the m **** (between Office 2003 and 2007 for example)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/10, 08:31

Pffff ... well no regrets then :)

But what do they do? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 02/12/10, 08:53

Well ... so that it costs less ...

between the sponsored link ebay, the google toolbar which must bring them back under

the 2010 office preinstalled (the starter version is free ... with advertising) which costs them only 2 €

the norton antivirus that slows down the machine, but where they are subsidized on it ...

you understand why the price of the material drops ...
0 x