Price GU10 socket in supermarkets: we do not bother!

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Price GU10 socket in supermarkets: we do not bother!

by Christophe » 23/11/10, 19:38

By doing a little routine research, I came across the price of GU10 sockets at a large well-known DIY store (green sign) : Shock: : Shock:

First I thought it was a pack for X sockets, that neni is the price of a socket ... Price to compare with the one we have (as a small independent) for exactly the same product (ceramic socket): https://www.econologie.com/shop/douille- ... p-194.html

But what does the Police of the Consumer do? : Shock:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 23/11/10, 20:02

well yeah: when you are in front of it when you have to buy it!

Please note, DIY things are plucked by their mandatory supplier (central purchasing)

Whoever has a big problem is the boss of the central purchasing office, not the manager of the DIY store.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 23/11/10, 21:09

yes it's true, the prices are ... boring! but to see if you order on the web, pay attention to the transport prices. don't buy a single item otherwise ... bing! the post is not free ........
0 x
every morning you look naked in a large ice after 3 minutes you will see that your home and your worst picture ......
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/11/10, 09:12

elephant wrote:well yeah: when you are in front of it when you have to buy it!

It's true ... and it must be said that the flow rate of GU10 sockets in DIY stores should not be huge: they are given in 99% of cases with luminaires ... but all the same this does not explain such price!

elephant wrote:Please note, DIY things are plucked by their mandatory supplier (central purchasing)

Whoever has a big problem is the boss of the central purchasing office, not the manager of the DIY store.

Uh sorry but I do not believe 1 second that they touch the GU10 socket at a lower price than us: there are no smaller traders than us!

We have no power, no "strike force" in terms of purchases! All we do is adapt and suffer ... the big guys can negotiate (always on the downside, see the fuck-up with farmers) ...

In addition, central purchasing offices, when they exist, often belong to the same groups, same managers, same shareholders ...

It is fiscal "shit" to spread taxes on X companies ... but less worse than multinationals which, despite billions of turnover, are almost all in "fiscal deficit" (obviously disguised)!

Yes coca cola does not pay very little tax in France!
0 x
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 25/11/10, 09:12

Chez mon Cas ***** is around the corner, it's worse. No possibility to buy the socket alone. You have to take the clip that goes well, and the bulb that goes with ... grrrr : Evil:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/11/10, 09:35

Christopher said:

Uh sorry but I do not believe 1 second that they touch the GU10 socket at a lower price than us: there are no smaller traders than us!

Having worked in mass distribution, I am convinced of the opposite:

First of all, they are delivered in a blister

There are flagship products (promotions) where their benefits are ridiculous. Including costs, they lose money. (concrete example: 400 gr brand peeled tomatoes at 8,50 FB, purchase price 8,25)

There are markdowns and unsold

Then there is the system: the franchise saves you a lot of costs and work (advertising, in particular), but it pays. It is the price of security and branding. A local store that should manage its purchases directly with wholesalers should employ 2 or 3 more people, whose cost.
Supermarkets work on the "standard pocket" system, via their purchasing center.

There are other management rules, rotation, width, etc.

Result, the manager of a large area has a teacher salary for a turnover of 2,3,4 .... million euros. which would make a freelancer howl with laughter making the same turnover. Eventually he catches up by making the family work.

On the other hand, senior executives and shareholders of the brand, they are not bored: super salaries, company cars, group insurance, profit sharing, etc.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Ah yes .!

by zorglub » 25/11/10, 14:47

First of all, they are delivered in a blister

of course, and like that we do not see what we are buying, and the packaging is also destroyed at the buyer's expense

the other day i bought an osram 11 w "energi saver" bulb so well packaged that it was broken but no possibility of noticing it: result 9.73 € in the trash
0 x
every morning you look naked in a large ice after 3 minutes you will see that your home and your worst picture ......