Implantation and choice of LED spot

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
zeddeur
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Implantation and choice of LED spot

by zeddeur » 10/11/10, 22:45

Hello everyone,

I'm in the middle of building my house and I'm looking for ideas to light up the entrance and the main room.
The house is on 2 levels and there will be a false ceiling at the RDZ of 15cm which gives me the option of putting recessed lights in this ceiling.
I am open to all ideas all examples all technologies. I have a budget of 1500 € for this lighting

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/11/10, 11:00

For less than 1500 € you can equip yourself with no problem in FULL led.
For the choice of bulbs, do you know the SMD LEDs? In my opinion, this is the best currently.

https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoules-led-c-90

I advise you to stay in 230V AC everywhere except in the bathrooms in the compulsory low voltage areas, in order to avoid installation and loss of transformers ...

For the number of bulbs required: you take the lumens (X lumens per bulb multiplied by Y bulbs) and divide by the area of ​​the room to get Lux.

These Lux are to be compared to what is advised to know:

Stairs, cellars, granaries 30 lux

Garages, hallway, storeroom 60 lux

Kitchen, games room, lounge, dining room, local
domestic work, waiting room 250 lux

Eating, cooking and leisure work, works
secretarial and laboratory 500 lux

Entrance hall, shower room, bathroom, bedroom
for children, storeroom 720 lux

Reading, writing, handicrafts, homework, DIY,
drawings, makeup 750 lux

Architecture, precise works, exact control,
differentiate colors 7000 lux

Example: a living room of 20 m² at 250 Lux needs 250 * 20 = 5000 Lumens or approximately 100W equivalent in compact fluorescent or 5000/280 = 17 SMD bulb at 280 lumens.

Sinon mixing fluorescent bulbs and led bulbs in the same room is in my opinion a very good thing in terms of light efficiency / price. https://www.econologie.com/shop/eclairag ... ique-c-100

But lighting except functional room (kitchen and bathroom) is a pretty thing subjective: some prefer a well-lit living room, others subdued, some cold white light, others are light-hearted ...

So there are no miracle lighting tips ... for example, wiki gives: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lux_%28unit%C3%A9%29

* living space: 100 - 200 lux
* well-lit apartment: 200 - 400 lux
* workplace: 200 - 3 000 lux
* night stage: 1 500 lux

Which taking 125 lux for a living room (living room), halves the number of bulbs needed ...

I advise you to read this subject also: https://www.econologie.com/forums/puissance- ... 10070.html
Last edited by Christophe the 11 / 12 / 15, 19: 02, 3 edited once.
0 x
zeddeur
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by zeddeur » 14/11/10, 21:36

thank you Christophe for your super fast and very detailed answer.
I dug the subject well and I find that going through LED spots to illuminate the entire surface requires me to have a too dense layout (too many spots, too many holes in my ceiling).
so I'm looking for an alternative solution.
I have schematized on the plan a solution a mix between spot and central lighting point.

the idea and to create an atmosphere in the main room with low power LED spots and low diffusion cone along the walls (located 60cm from the walls and around 150cm distance) and central points controlled independently as lighting main. to finish 2 light points above the 2 sinks (kitchen and pantry) and the entrance lit by 4 LED spotlights illuminating at 120 °.

I'm open to criticism and ideas.
I promise you photos of the yard in progress.
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 14/11/10, 22:31

In any case, an advantage of LEDs is to be able to make a progressive lighting by lighting more or less LEDs, which is largely more effective than the dimmers of filament lamps.

To make a strong lighting, there is also the possibility of putting several bulbs on a plate, to avoid all the holes?

Even put the plate towards the ceiling to provide indirect lighting like the classic halogen "heaters" of 500W :-)

Just 15 or 16 bulbs like this to light like a 500W bulb, but for 50W and with a much longer lifespan. That's 4 x 4 bulbs, it's acceptable as a size.
0 x
See you soon !
zeddeur
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by zeddeur » 15/11/10, 15:57

for the central living room and dining area I would like to concentrate 6 led lamps with 120 ° diffusion cone and 2 control circuits for each of them to light only 3 lamps at a time.
For cooking, only one 1-lamp cooker.
For the 2 points above the sinks, 2 ramps of 3 spots with 50 ° beam angle should do the trick.
indirect lighting I had thought about it but I quickly gave up because my ceiling is at 2M40 which will force me to have too low lighting if I want a good distribution.

I'm open to other ideas but also if you have references for multi-bulb lighting I'm interested!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/11/10, 16:06

zeddeur wrote:I dug the subject well and I find that going through LED spots to illuminate the entire surface requires me to have a too dense layout (too many spots, too many holes in my ceiling).

Yes for the light intensity in lumens (a good fluorescent that makes 2000 lumens) see these measurements: https://www.econologie.com/forums/test-essai ... 10087.html

More your idea of ​​mixing sources joins my advice: to make hybrid light sources using LED AND FLUO. This is the solution to remember in my opinion because it allows the use of compact fluorescents for power and LEDs for design and lighting speed.

This is what we do here.
Last edited by Christophe the 11 / 12 / 15, 19: 03, 1 edited once.
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 15/11/10, 16:12

zeddeur wrote:I'm open to other ideas but also if you have references for multi-bulb lighting I'm interested!

I asked myself the problem 2 years ago, but the LEDs were not at the level of today (and I did not know this site ;-).

So I bought 6 standard screw sockets, 6 24w fluorescent bulbs and I made a luminaire with white plexiglass: I have real lighting equivalent to a 500W halogen for 150W.

But with the current diodes, I would do better today, and I still haven't found an equivalent fixture for sale.

Considering the price of the sockets and the level of work you are at, you shouldn't have a problem :-)

https://www.econologie.com/shop/douille- ... p-194.html

depending on the tension you choose.

You should even be able to adjust the tilt to distribute the lighting cones according to your needs.
0 x
See you soon !

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"