test test: SMD LEDs VS VS Halogen CFL

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

test test: SMD LEDs VS VS Halogen CFL

by Christophe » 27/10/10, 16:20

We have just entered 2 models of led bulbs with 60 leds SMD (I call this, the "led generation 2010"). These 2 led bulbs have a lighting power of 3W and consume 3.5W. Their brightness is given for 280 Lumens, or an output of 80Lm / W. Unheard of for the general public at this price! : Shock:

We have a performance really superior to the best compact fluorescents (which stones the 60Lm / W for the great powers of fluos) and above all we have a glare angle of 120 °!

a) SMD GU10

b) SMD MR16

The result in terms of feeling of brightness is pretty blue compared to all the other LED bulbs that I tested and proposed on the shop: economic lighting

It really feels like being lit by a halogen 45-50W

Well all this to say that I will conduct a small comparative test at light meter on different measurement points (about ten) between 3 GU10 bulbs:
a) GU10 50W halogen
b) 10W compact fluorescent GU9
c) GU10 3W SMD

To follow soon so.

I had done some time ago, a similar test (Luxeon VS Compact Fluorescent LED) which is available here: Comparative test-bulbs-led-Luxeon-CFL-mm-t6649.html

ps: sorry if this message will seem a little advertising for some ... the important will be the result of the tests

Edit, here are the results, more details from the 3 page of this topic: test-test-SMD LED-vs-vs-halogen-CFL-t10087-20.html

Christophe on 3 page of this topic wrote:Test protocol:

- 15 measuring points placed "at random" in a stairwell
- 3 different technology bulbs GU10 base:
1 Megaman 9W (used since 3 years in the same stairwell): economic lighting
1 Halogen 50W (that everyone knows)
1 Elix 60 leds SMD 3W: https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoule ... p-359.html
- Omnidirectional luxmeter measurement of each point: https://www.econologie.com/shop/luxmetr ... p-133.html
- Ambient brightness: from 0.1 to 1.3
- For the compact fluorescent, the 1ere was expected to be stable (end of preheating).
- At the end of the bulb series, we measure its maximum T ° with this infrared thermometer: https://www.econologie.com/shop/thermom ... p-132.html

Photos

Measuring points:

The test spot:

The 3 bulbs:

The luxmeter:

Example of a measure:

Raw data in Lux (Lumens / m²):

Graph in Lux per measuring point and average on 15 points per bulb:

Maximum temperatures measured on the bulb (still lit) at the end of the tests:

Compact fluorescent: 94.1 ° C
Halogen: 309,7 ° C
SMD: 41,6 ° C

Conclusions and comments:

- The temperature of the bulbs is entirely logical and goes in the direction of the respective efficiency of the bulbs (in Lm / W). The low T ° of the SMD bulb augurs a priori a good life: the leds are not boosted (as I said above, Luxeon bulbs warm more, I would make a measurement of this)

- The 60 leds SMD bulb illuminates overall better than 9W compact fluorescent bulb while it consumes 3 times less.

- The variance of the measurement points gives the homogeneity of the emitted light: the best is the fluo, then the led and the halogen (strong gap, details later).

- In other words: on these measurement points it is the halogen which has the cone (directivity of the light) the most visible (therefore the less good diffusion of the light and the higher probability of dazzling). It's a shame when everyone is looking for halogen quality in economic lighting?

But I think that the point 7, which must be precisely in the cone of maximum lumunosity of the halogen, distorts the measurements with respect to the rendering of the real luminosity (subjectivity), by suppressing it one obtains a new series more representative I think of what we feel.

So I will redo a series of analyzes without the 7 point with averages, energy efficiency and variance that will be more significant.

Preliminary conclusion:

I hope this should already convince some of the validity of my impressions when I said "it's bluish" ... while waiting for the details of the series without point 7.

And further:

Christophe wrote:Here are the curves and analyzes without the 7 point.

Details on 9 to 15 points that are far from the light source. This gives an indication of the light scattering capacity:

Deviation from the mean of the measuring point:

Energy efficiency estimate

explanations:

1) Average of measurements in Lux
2) The average difference (average deviation of measurements from the mean)
3) The variance for each bulb (the higher it is, the more different the measurements of each point, it gives an idea of ​​the homogeneity or constancy of the light). Complete the average gap by amplifying the effect
4) Power consumed
5) Yield in Lux / W = 1) / 4)
6) And especially: average efficiency compared to the halogen = light yields compared to that of the halogen.

To your comments. : Idea:
Last edited by Christophe the 08 / 11 / 10, 15: 37, 1 edited once.
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 27/10/10, 16:57

I use for several months these Xanlite to 48 leds in recessed spots 12V, and the result is really good.

I put them in replacement of halogen bulbs 20W and the LEDs illuminate widely as much.

I imagine that 60 leds illuminate even more!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/10/10, 17:15

Ben the SMD illuminates 100 lm more than xanlite is 10 to 15 W halogen equivalent.

At Xanlite they are the famous Leds XXX, I heard but never had in the hands.

- 180 Lm for 48 leds = 3.75 lm / led
- 280 Lm for 60 leds = 4.67 lm / led

The power per LED of the SMD is therefore higher.

At the yield level in lm / W, the leds XXX seem better:

- 180 Lm for 1.8 W = 100 lm / W
- 280 Lm for 3.5 W (bulb conso) = 80 lm / W or
- 280 lm for 3W (conso led) = 93 lm / W at the level of single leds

Attention it is the conso on the paper, because at xanlite, we do not know if it is the consumption of the leds or the bulb, between the 2 there is the transformer which does not have a yield of 100% .

To see the reliability too: the SMD are given for 50 000h ... what about leds xxx?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/10/10, 18:14

I hope the manufacturer (Chinese?) Is reliable!

A little over a year ago, I bought 10 "normal" 24 LED bulbs mounted on a standard screw / Lunartec brand / bought at Sélestat in a famous store that sells computer equipment, gadgets, etc. ..

To light up the driveway in front of the house / it stays on for a long time every day - sometimes when the son comes home and forgets to switch off, 12 hours in a row! That's why I put LEDs (no need for power, just "highlight" the aisle)

Well, there are 6 of cramées so far: the LEDs are well intcate, but the ballast below is grilled (on some, it shows - black marks).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/10/10, 18:22

Did67 wrote:Well, there are 6 of cramées so far: the LEDs are well intcate, but the ballast below is grilled (on some, it shows - black marks).

Well, if you had read econology, you would not have bought these crap (and knowing your rigor in other areas, it surprises me even from you ...) ... but play the guarantee ...

1ere generation multileds bulbs (appeared in 2004-2005 but are still full on the market) are real shit econologically speaking, we can not say it again enough, read for example: https://www.econologie.com/forums/ampoules-a ... t2132.html

Pearl is not really known for the quality and durability of its catalog ... now yes, on paper, their bulbs are cheap (between 5 and 10 €) compared to quality LED bulbs (between 15 and 30 €) ...

But shit cheap is always expensive ... is not it?

At 50% return in less than a year, I don't even see how it can be profitable for them to manage returns in mail order considering the respective costs and even in non mail order ... With us a product that exceeds 3 to 4 % of return, we remove it from the fissa catalog but we prefer products with less than 1% obviously ... but it is true that we do not have the same objectives as the "big" ones ...

Did, on occasion, you should test a led bulb from the econo shop, just to compare ... : Idea: https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoules-led-c-90
Last edited by Christophe the 27 / 10 / 10, 20: 33, 1 edited once.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 27/10/10, 20:20

We must disassemble these crappy LEDs to see an absurd montage almost without power and therefore unstable and very fragile to never buy these scams !!!
We can recover these LEDs in series by reassembling them correctly and they will have a better life !!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/10/10, 20:31

Some did it on different subjects, delnoram in particular.

Well we move away from my tests there ... : Cheesy:
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 27/10/10, 21:11

After having tried several, especially MDD (private label) who are crying after not even 1 months, I also switched to Xanlite Led XXX 48 led and I am for the moment completely satisfied. My bathroom is 100% lighted with these lamps and some of the kitchen too.
The power, the angle and the temperature of the light have nothing to envy to a halogen.

I imagine that these lamps 60 Led should illuminate even better. Maybe for a next purchase ...
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 27/10/10, 23:10

Aloa!

you only have them with this type of socket?

I only have E14 and E27 at home
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 28/10/10, 00:00

And an omnidirectional lighting product based on the same led? story of really replacing incandescent lamps.
Just like what can be found on competing sites:
(I have one currently in test for outdoor lighting, announced for illumination of 85W, we are closer to the 70W but what is not bad for even not 9W consomme)

Regarding xanlite Led XXX they are advertised for a lifespan of 30.000 hours. On the other hand their advantage, in the trade they cost "only" 10 € ...
0 x