Millennium Development: what works?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
tanguysauvin
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Millennium Development: what works?

by tanguysauvin » 15/12/09, 10:48

Hello,

During the Copenhagen summit, I would like to draw your attention to other issues that are just as important to me. The Millennium Development Goals are supposed to meet several objectives such as the fight against hunger, access to drinking water, gender equality, etc.

They try to meet these objectives from a fairly practical angle, generally by helping local actors to develop their projects. It is quite interesting besides to see their way of acting which goes a little against the stereotype that to help the countries of the South, it is necessary to create a school, to send them food to erase their debt or to send them money ... By learning about the subject, we realize that this kind of actions do not work very well ...

Here is an article which presents a little what these Millennium Development Goals are that I got from the site which present the actions in progress:

2010: 10th anniversary of the Goals
What assessment for France?

In September 2010, the United Nations will review progress made towards meeting the eight Millennium Development Goals for poverty reduction adopted by the international community (191 countries). A few months before an initial assessment before 2015, where does France stand? What are the consequences of the economic and food crises in the eradication of misery?

The ecological and human awareness of individuals and today recognized, but do they know the Millennium Development Goals and their challenges? Do they know that each country is committed and will be held accountable for their aid commitments? Do they know the projects carried out in the field and the development of the activities that have emerged?

The eight millennium goals have a common and ambitious goal, that of responding to concerns about the future of the planet and its people: the fight against poverty, infant mortality, health, the environment, global partnership, etc.

Raising public awareness of the Eight Objectives will change mentalities and motivate the public authorities to increase actions and aid.

Many reasons to learn about the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs):
- Know the commitment of France to the UN for 2015.
- Discover the importance that France attaches to poor countries?
- Knowledge of the MDGs by the general public conditions ODA (aid
development).
- Know the progress in terms of development in all concerns.

So say yes to:
the fight against poverty and hunger
primary education for all
gender equality
reducing infant mortality
improving maternal health
the fight against diseases
a sustainable environment
a global partnership

source: http://www.huitfoisoui.fr

In my opinion, they have good ideas, it is surely the only way to get things done and you think what?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/12/09, 11:14

Why are you talking in the 3rd person?

You should say "we have" instead ... am I wrong?

Otherwise interesting subjects ... but it remains the promotion of a film ... so why not start there frankly? : Shock:

Sorry I'm a little annoyed by spammers of all kinds ... especially by those who try to pretend ...
0 x
tanguysauvin
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by tanguysauvin » 15/12/09, 11:20

It's not a movie! Where did you see that?

I was talking about their support system for locals instead of creating local organizations that do the job, that's why I find it interesting.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/12/09, 12:07

: Shock: Uh and that's what http://www.ldmproductions.fr/8/ ?

Hormone chicken?

It is linked on all pages of http://www.huitfoisoui.fr
0 x
tanguysauvin
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by tanguysauvin » 15/12/09, 12:14

Ah I see, I hadn't even seen this film story! In short, if it came out in 2009, it has already happened since we are already on December 15. Anyway, I doubt that it is a commercial film to make money.

Hormone chicken? ahaha. I would rather say a nice back.

Anyway, that was not the goal of my post, it was more to find out what you thought of this kind of action.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/12/09, 12:24

Ah yes according to the press kit it is rather "old": broadcast in October 2008 in preview.

Cf: http://www.ldmproductions.fr/8/press/Do ... 231208.pdf

For actions: yes that's good but good luck because as long as the economic-financial system is rotten to the core and only personal interests will count for most of the "rich" (all those who can surf the net are part of the rich), well it will be wasted this kind of action ...

See "the tacit contract":
https://www.econologie.com/forums/j-accepte- ... t8934.html
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2agre ... shortfilms
0 x
tanguysauvin
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by tanguysauvin » 15/12/09, 12:59

I will be honest with you, this point of view I have heard it thousands of times.

But, what do we do other than find that it is not going (which is true in itself)?

We advocate a revolution or the rejection of the whole system, it's been over 200 years since the idea came up. We made a revolution in 1789, result: deaths per thousand, we laid bombs throughout the 19th century (see anarchism) which killed an incredible number of people in power or close to power, we even set off world war one like that.

We have seen what the Communist countries are given: millions of deaths.

Conclusion, I saw your video, I accept. Well, I clearly accept and advocate a progressive evolution. In Africa, infant mortality has been reduced by half in 20 years (or in the vicinity), let's not say that nothing is happening. So, I accept today and try to improve the world of tomorrow.
0 x