A new tool for gardening: the Sarkozyne

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

A new tool for gardening: the Sarkozyne

by Grelinette » 18/04/09, 13:31

After several months of study and research, here is the result: the Sarkozyne !

Image Image
Why the Sarkozyne?… Because it is made with a riot barrier and it allows you to work more for the same price!

Isn't that sustainable development? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Remundo

by Remundo » 18/04/09, 16:16

Ha ha! :D

It's great, and after the effort, you can even use it in a lounge chair! : Idea:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/04/09, 20:34

Superb (the realization and the name!) And it looks really strong and super practical: with the pivot pivot, excellent!

By cons it is not done with a barrier. The wheels seem to be recovered from an old road trailer? Ah yes the proof: zavé even kept the spare tire! :) : Cheesy:

It reminds me of the "old" farm wheelbarrows that we still rarely see ... it was mainly to transport manure I think ... The shape was almost the same but on 1 wheel.

But is it not too heavy to move once loaded (with 2 "jumps" as in the photo it must start to weigh down)?

Hop a small electric motor in assistance and it is settled! Shit it vaguely reminds me of another equestrian project that promises to be epic (Saturday night joke) ... : Mrgreen:

ps: I don't even want to know how you got back a riot barrier : Mrgreen:

reps: I changed the title, it will be more relevant like that!
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 18/04/09, 23:22

Some details on the clever mechanisms of Sarkozyne (for those who want to make one):

Basically, these are wheelbarrows (we can see that they are made of plastic) and they are fixed on a metal frame with classic wheelbarrow handles.

For the grid (the riot barrier), it's easier to find: right now like the riots are running the streets, if I may say so : Mrgreen: , just go after the storm (riot) and pick up the barrier carelessly as if nothing ...

Then you have to cut the feet, cut it in half and make a system to fold the end: Image

(Note that we can also adjust it completely horizontal to install a mattress, it's more comfortable to lie down but we work slower ... and we gain no more, but no less either :D )

And now, voila !

It's very solid: on the one in the photo I carry several hundred kg with my hands in my pockets, or almost!
In principle, the next step of DIY is actually to add a small electric motor with a moped accelerator on one of the sleeves, so that it will be as fast in movement as the one whose name it bears!

I say that when calm returns, we will have to find another use for all these riot barriers that will no longer be used :D

ps: to camouflage it I tried to paint it but on galvanized metal it doesn't work! No need to try.

re-ps: for those who want to do one, I think that next week there will be a demo planned towards my home. You just have to order for the barriers! : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/04/09, 11:29

Regarding painting, it's strange because galva is the "basic" treatment for most steel products before painting, what did you use as painting?

Can there be a special treatment on the barriers to prevent them from being hijacked?
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 19/04/09, 11:47

Hello

Galva is the "basic" treatment for most steel products before painting

good ... why paint then.
almost no paint stays on the galva!
there are special paints and even with this one you must practice a surface treatment with acid (this is called stain removal) then rinse and paint
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/04/09, 12:15

Pkoi paint? Well for the color for example right?

I worked at Sollac Usinor in Strasbourg in summer job in the galvanizing crucible: all the coils were galvanized BEFORE going on to lacquering / painting (but 100% were not painting) ... if they do (with a chain worth several million €) is that there must be a good reason right?

The customers, I believe, were for the most part the appliance industry.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 19/04/09, 12:54

For the paint "which holds" on the galva, there is at least one, it is the Rilsan paint.
Serious degreasing, application of dry powder paint with an electrostatic gun, passage in the oven (at 250 °?) To polymerize ... only bread blessed for an amateur ... :frown: : Mrgreen:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/04/09, 13:00

Ah well, I never said that painting on galva was easy ...

: Cheesy:
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 19/04/09, 15:52

Good, too bad for painting! Just need to avoid walking around with my sarkozyne in the middle of a demo, as soon as an attentive CRS recognizes state equipment ... :D

That said, I often have a scythe or fork when I use my sarkozyne:
scythe or fork against a baton ... it's playable! Image)

Well, on the other hand, I rarely garden in the middle of demonstrations ... so she can stay natural without painting my sarkozyne! : Mrgreen:
0 x