Ecology on France 2: the preachers of the apocalypse

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Ibis.
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Ecology on France 2: the preachers of the apocalypse

by Ibis. » 19/02/09, 18:00

Tonight at 22:45 p.m.

The preachers of the Apocalypse: when ecology goes insane

Summary :

In the space of a few years, ecological concerns have invaded the public scene and are now weighing on French political life. The consensus seems total. For the scientific community, the triumph of this "ecologism" is, alas, very often a defeat of reason. In 2008, the global food crisis reminded us that the most endangered species on the planet was certainly humans. Faced with this challenge, scientists are trying to make their voices heard, to go against received ideas and to unravel the true and the false on these questions which engage the future.

http://www.programme-tv.net/culture-inf ... la-raison/
http://guidetv.france2.fr/jsp/prog/fich ... g=27765292

I hope there will not be too much negationism but the angle of attack is declared: ecology was a science, it has become an ideology.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/02/09, 18:56

I will watch and record!

It seems to me in the continuity of ceci !

I have always "fought" (openly, there is a lot of "evidence" on forums) against all ecological extremisms, I put them at the same level of "struggle" as the industrial lobbies ...
0 x
Ibis.
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Ibis. » 19/02/09, 21:06

Christophe wrote:Here you have completely understood my fears: that all the ecologists are classified as decreasing integrist ... The 3 examples that you cite Elec, illustrate this perfectly!

:frown:

Christophe wrote:Pffff ... there are not only extremes in ecology !! But this image suits some well ...

The single thought advocating degrowth and mortification is quite specific to Judeo-Christian cultures. It is often conveyed by depressed people who no longer believe in anything, not even in humans ...
I don't know the content of this program ... to follow ...

(edited by ex-océano on 19/02/09 at 21:20 p.m .: BBCode quote correction)
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 19/02/09, 21:53

You are absolutely right to castigate the "declining fundamentalists", just as it should be done also for the "growing fundamentalists", who are even more numerous and influential.

All fundamentalism is condemnable, but, please avoid too easy amalgamation!

Of course, it is tempting in a TV show to ridicule some people who have made different life choices *, emphasizing the marginal side at expense of analysis. It is about giving to see and not to understand.
Furthermore, the examples chosen are not representative of this trend, which brings together a wide variety of perceptions.

* it is first a way of thinking (that TV cannot / does not want to show it) which is then translated (+ or - hardly / explicitly) in a way of life.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/02/09, 23:28

Well spoken Ahmed (as usual I bow to the wisdom of your analyzes!) ...

The program (Document Infrarouge in fact) started very badly !!

Introduction: famine + hunger riots = increase in cereal prices = EXCLUSIVELY lack of bio-agro-fuels (but of course) ... forgetting that it was above all the ultra-capitalist system that was at the origin of this!

Why the price of Mexican, Indian or even French corn should be quoted by 2 or 3 conn ** ds in white collar of the Chicago stock exchange?) ...

The price of cereals has even been coupled on oil which is an absolute SHAME !! This has nothing to do with the "demand" for agrofuels: it's just shit speculation to enrich a minority!

So the little dung from traders (and some individuals) who speculate on food values ​​and basic necessities deserve only my (our?) Deepest contempt !!

After we can always say that it is the fault of the ugly cons of green ... but this argument will work only with the neuneus ...

Well it seems to be improving in the following ... Namely: the ban of certain substances under pretexts for the preservation of the environment has had consequences, as much social as economic, much worse than not prohibition...

Example: DDT

ps: well Ibis, I see that you are! Image
0 x
Ibis.
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Ibis. » 19/02/09, 23:48

Of course Ahmed, you are right

Christophe wrote:The program (Document Infrarouge in fact) started very badly !!

And it ends even worse, in a new belief: Without GMOs, no salvation. It is very simple as an analysis. What about the balances of the world?
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 19/02/09, 23:49

I also don't like fundamentalists of all stripes, but there still no mention of the real disadvantages and risks of GMOs.

Contamination, toxicity as new plants, development of insect resistance, standardization of plants by monopolies (and therefore also sensitivities). Political / economic problems (ex: buying seeds every year, dependencies) ... Nothing, they only talked about the benefits, and for less frightening, cotton like that at least we don't eat it so it's less scary ( besides cotton, super useful to feed the planet, I take it every day with my cereals).

In short, I understand that they wanted to fight against anti-GMO ideology sometimes absurd but there they are of an incredible bad time !!!
Last edited by nonoLeRobot the 19 / 02 / 09, 23: 57, 1 edited once.
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 19/02/09, 23:54

nonoLeRobot wrote:I also don't like fundamentalists of all stripes, but there still no mention of the real disadvantages and risks of GMOs.

These pro-GM fundamentalist ayatollahs seek, with perfect bad faith, to make us believe that only GMOs can solve world hunger and that those who are not of their opinion are necessarily backward. : Evil:
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 20/02/09, 01:02

i would say this

it doesn't surprise me with a band of arms breaking like you, ...

go love parade

flowerpower and let it jump

http://www.google.be/search?client=fire ... che+Google

there are people who work with and other, ...

and there are people who want to send me to padre hell?

the blow of 2 me of jar hole and your seeds are dry asshole !!!

tell me to drop other larvae guys

is that just like pseudo positive armada?

the next one who drops balls and gave me

I play monopoly, ...

tssssssssssssssssssss
0 x
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 20/02/09, 10:24

recyclinage wrote:i would say this

it doesn't surprise me with a band of arms breaking like you, ...

go love parade

flowerpower and let it jump

http://www.google.be/search?client=fire ... che+Google

there are people who work with and other, ...

and there are people who want to send me to padre hell?

the blow of 2 me of jar hole and your seeds are dry asshole !!!

tell me to drop other larvae guys

is that just like pseudo positive armada?

the next one who drops balls and gave me

I play monopoly, ...

tssssssssssssssssssss
I don't know about the others but there I understood nothing : Shock:

You can go to the end of your thought please ???
0 x