Higher profits from TOTAL

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Remundo

Higher profits from TOTAL

by Remundo » 13/02/09, 19:28

A small perspective on Total's profits this year
http://www.moteurnature.com/actu/uneact ... s_id=23983

"Record" profits, the beginnings of what they will be when peak oil is "in full swing"

What will become fuel sentimental, we will be thirsty for Total

: Idea:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/02/09, 20:27

So what? How is this shocking? It shocks me less than the billions stolen by the banksters, the traders and the public debt ... moreover in 2009 there is a strong chance that they "die" ...

This info was the argument of the day of the "green blog" who found nothing better to say ... :?

Little reminder on my opinion about the "citizen contribution"that some politicians wanted to fuck on the profits of the oil companies!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/02/09, 22:59

I did not say it was shocking 8)

As De Marjorie said "Total pays its taxes", soon even, it will be able to grant loans to the State to repay the debt ... : Cheesy:

I wanted to express the hegemony of such a group that is not without risk for the future, whether climate or economic. : Idea:

Cool Raoul :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/02/09, 23:04

It was not you that I was aiming for but what I could read since the distribution of the info here and there ("weeh it's scandalous", "we have nothing", "It's the crisis". ..blablabla ...)
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/02/09, 23:07

I understand you ... Then the journalists love the demagogy ... it makes the audience and in addition it rests the neurons : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/02/09, 23:10

Yes well to annoy a little more people there is no better: we will have this spring revolution 2009 ... besides it has already started in the DOM ...

Pkoi down and not in metropolis in your opinion? Because the climate preserves our elites: understand, it is better outside at home !! (and I am at 1 / 2 seriously). The national holiday is the 14 July, not the 14 February ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/02/09, 23:12

It's a bit HS, but indeed, what happens in the DOM TOM can quickly broadcast in France. :?

And the situation, instead of being "only" difficult, will become catastrophic. :?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/02/09, 23:17

Speaking of cata and HS, here is the info that I do not care the balls for a while: http://www.lesechos.fr/depeches/science ... r=RSS-2113

The ocean loses its ability to hold CO2

[13 / 02 / 09 - 18H38 - AFP]

The oceans of the globe are less and less able to exercise their storage function of CO2, which causes an increase in the amount of greenhouse gases released into the atmosphere, according to several converging studies reported Friday by the CNRS.

"The ocean is the main planetary carbon sink, but for ten years, it has been less and less able to play this role, in the North as in the South"says the National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS) in a statement that summarizes three recent research programs.

The CO2 absorption capacity of the Southern Ocean, previously estimated at 500 million tonnes per year, is actually ten times lower, according to the results of recent measurements, more complete than those carried out in the early 90 years.

The phenomenon would be related to an intensification of the winds which bring depths towards the surface of large quantities of C02. (HU ??? Winds or currents ???)

The decline in ocean efficiency as a carbon sink has also been observed in the North Atlantic.

But "in the northern hemisphere, we don't yet know what to attribute it to. It could be the ocean circulation that has changed, a response from ecosystems or biological activity, but we haven't yet. final award, "Nicolas Metzl, of the Pierre Simon Laplace Institute, told AFP.

"These are not models, but observations", insists the researcher.

He recalls that "each year, 10 billion tonnes of CO2 are injected into the atmosphere by human activities, against 6 billion in the 90s".

While the ocean at the same time loses its absorption capacity, its efficiency as a carbon sink, "previously estimated at around 30%, falls to less than 20%", notes the researcher.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/02/09, 00:19

it's not surprising at all.

To dissolve a gas in a liquid, the liquid must be cold and very low in the molecule of said gas.

Now what's going on? The oceans have been ingesting millions of tons of CO2 for years, and are warming up.

In other words, the more CO2 is emitted, the more the oceans lose their ability to absorb it, and the more it heats up, etc.

This is called positive feedback (destabilizing) in climate jargon. At the extreme, the ocean can even become a CO2 release if it warms up too much. 2e positive feedback.

I'm not even talking about the acidification of which nobody knows precisely the (bad) effects on the marine fauna and the flora ... :|

There is another even more serious, sword of Damocles ... Methane hydrates. If the methane "pump" starts, it will be a disaster.

On the horizon 2100, when the children of today will become old men, we will know how far irresponsibility has gone, surely far away. :?
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 14/02/09, 00:52

Hello
Christophe wrote:So what? How is this shocking? It shocks me less than the billions stolen by the banksters, the traders and the public debt ... moreover in 2009 there is a strong chance that they "die" ...

This info was the argument of the day of the "green blog" who found nothing better to say ... :?

Little reminder on my opinion about the "citizen contribution"that some politicians wanted to fuck on the profits of the oil companies!

Obama has difficulties with the Senate and the bankers who reproach him for being too social, too much on the left he has difficulty with the oil and everybody can ..
We see who controls who runs ..
Now that he has cleared his Cuban jail he should make an example of sending a couple of big oil majia and banks to make an example of those who do not act
others might move.

I have the impression that all the money invested by the governments will just serve to increase the bonuses of the big ones who manage this
To see this, one can only look back in history, those who wanted to do something social, how they had pitfalls. (Napoleon) after one wonders why he had to use such draconian measures (Robespiere in all are intransigent understood that there were no other alternatives to establish a social justice)
Although now there should be a way to nationalize the banks, and the entire energy industry, without taking extreme measures.
How to explain the drastic decline of aluminum steel metals ect .. and yet the finished aluminum products have by no means declined
The only way to settle this is to take away the power controlling this cartel that manipulate elected governments.

Andre
0 x