Stop having children to preserve the Planet

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
canares
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Stop having children to preserve the Planet

by canares » 04/02/09, 15:58

it is quite surprising as a proposal but it seems that this is not a joke. It was an Englishman who made this brilliant suggestion. According to him each baby born in Great Britain, will burn, during his life, the amount of carbon equivalent to Trafalgar Square. Strongly seen as ... is not very optimistic as a situation. On the other hand, overcrowding is likely to be a problem fairly quickly in many countries. It is sure that by letting the human race die the earth may have a chance to survive longer ...
Think about the question : Cheesy:

To know more:
http://www.developpementdurable.com/ins ... ement.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/02/09, 16:26

In French we do not put a capital letter at the beginning of each word !!

Please correct your title so ...

Otherwise the idea "the less we are, the more rice we have" is, at least, as old as Malthus: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malthus

The Chinese have been exercising for 30 years ...

So the "brilliant British suggestion" frankly ... what does that mean: "the amount of carbon equivalent to Trafalgar Square" ??? The mass? The surface?

It starts to stuff me this "PARANOCO2" that we see everywhere there ... less 20% of CO2 and presto it's green (fluorescent!) !!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 04/02/09, 16:54

Yeah! :D Besides, I have already said it several times on these forums: "die more" : Cry:
I call collective suicide once more: do as I do: alcohol kills slowly (except when driving: stay careful)

That said, the Chinese have understood: one child is fine, two, hello damage.

If you want to fight against paranoid CO2, I recommend this site: you will like : Mrgreen:

http://la-route-nous-appartient.skynetblogs.be

Come on, good evening everyone! :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 04/02/09, 18:57

: Idea: I have the solution!!!
You have to invent a machine that reduces the size of men !!!
There, no more problems ...
Ok, I'm going to patent the idea.
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/02/09, 18:58

I'm already a proto? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 04/02/09, 22:40

Canares wrote:
"It is sure that by letting the human race die the earth may have a chance to survive longer ...

Whatever we do, the earth will continue on its way for another few billion years ... Besides, it has already seen many others.
What, on the other hand is well threatened, is the survival of a humanity which is bent on creating the conditions for its own disappearance.
The solution is not to stop having children, but to stop behaving childishly and irresponsibly.
To put it another way, continue (moderately) the children and stop (as quickly as possible) the bullshit.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 04/02/09, 22:43

Jonathon Porritt. Here is someone who dares to ask THE real question: that of the carrying capacity of the earth. Someone who is not afraid of this taboo subject and religious ideologies. It is time that we seriously reflect on the demographic question. Let us confront the physical constraints of the planet and access to natural resources to the freedom of each couple to give birth to as many children as they wish.

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/02/09, 22:46

Well, logically the limitation of resources, primarily food, is a "good" regulator of demography ...
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 04/02/09, 22:50

Bonsoir.

I understand what you are writing:

Ahmed wrote:To put it another way, continue (moderately) the children and stop (as quickly as possible) the bullshit.

Unfortunately, this will not happen.

Because we are always the idiot of another.

Has anyone seen "Idiocracy"?
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 04/02/09, 22:56

Christophe wrote:Well, logically the limitation of resources, primarily food, is a "good" regulator of demography ...

Oh ok !

And must we really get there to understand our carelessness?!?

Have you read Unabomber's manifesto?

There are evenings like that ....
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET

"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."