Strikes and demonstrations against the ultra-capitalist system?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

Strikes and demonstrations against the ultra-capitalist system?

by Christophe » 29/01/09, 23:01

Still a few strikes and demonstrations, it was a while that it had not happened in France so say (a little more 2 month ...)!

Attention, exceptional: even the employees of the private sector are on the street ... and there are even executives and engineers! Waaaaaaaaaaaw is beautiful, a taste of revolution?

Good without laughing: someone understood against or for what were these strikes and demonstrations?

Demonstrate against the crisis and against the precariousness I am willing but ... it's a little "vague" and above all nobody has the power to change (and those who are at the origin of the crisis are not about to change ...) ...

So did I hear well when I thought I heard that these protests were mostly directed against ONE SYSTEM, understand that of ultra capitalism?

Leftist engineers? Anarchist frames? But where are we going? And if it was just humanity?

In short it reminds me at least 2 news: https://www.econologie.com/annee-2009-an ... -4020.html et https://www.econologie.com/crise-bancair ... -3955.html

ps: and Sarko who hides in such moments ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/01/09, 00:32

The numbers are huge:
Mobilization: between one and 2,5 million demonstrators in France

The CGT advances the figure of 2,5 million people in the processions, the police a million. In Paris, between 65.000 and 300.000 people marched. Private employees are very present in the processions.

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/actualit ... ts_en.html

The journalists compare these figures to anti CPE, they are wrong I think because today it was much more grievous as feeling of discontent: because it did not concern ONLY the students, that it is much easier to demonstrate and go on "strike" as a student when you have no financial obligation but especially a high school which goes on strike (already the term does not stick: a student theoretically cannot go on strike in the strict sense) does not touch the GDP at all ...

In short ... it feels bad for sarko ...
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 30/01/09, 09:07

It is true that the topic of the strike presented by the media only seems to indicate the concern of the demonstrators and the purchasing power (almost personal reasons PFFF
)

If the subject is clearly: let's change deeply our financial system (debt, loan, regulated speculation ...), then I agree, otherwise, are too null these unions
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/01/09, 10:14

No no Maloche, I of course "strike against the system" is therefore something else than one of these Nieme strike "100% for my mouth" which is happening. I have the same opinion as you on the unions which often orient a little too "red" for my taste but hey ...

Generally when a person is on the street (except demo of officials or students : Mrgreen: where they can afford to go to 100%) 3 or 4 are behind to think the same thing.

I believe that there are approximately 26 million working people in France ... that is to say more than 10% of "dissatisfied" ... it's starting to make a lot!

And again we only talked and counted big cities ...
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 30/01/09, 11:34

I do not want to argue about apriori, names like "too red" which no longer correspond to anything.
Or false remarks like "demonstration of officials or students where they can afford to go 100%"
---------
Private employees who were marching were waiting for dismissals, partial unemployment, box closure, or simply to say that we were "still" in the Republic, and that he could go on strike and protest if they thought that definitely the cup was full (Despite the unacceptable pressures on the pay and precarious employment of their bosses).

65 000 is announced in Paris, but the people who watched from their windows the passage of the demonstration speak of a dense flow of people passing from 14h30 to 19h30 ...
So closer to 300 000 than 65 000.

Thank you media! No wonder when the president declared that since his election, when there is a demonstration, no one sees it (Censorship + Lie + Insult disdainful of a democratically formulated opinion).

The government was waiting for the breakage to be able to tap on this movement of demonstration.
No pot, it was quiet, but massive.
He only said that he recognized suffering, but in his head it is an encouragement to continue his "reforms" (social breaks).

I think the French are very patient and docile despite adversity.

In these demonstrations, there was a set of categorical discontent, but especially a common core, the significant decline in the standard of living, the breakage of jobs, while the injustice is flagrant, that the political decisions aggravate the situation, that the example of restraint does not come from above ...

As we move quickly toward despotic power, there is a warning that people want to pass on too.

The new fact is that the ignoble person who was attacked in these demonstrations was not a minister, or a prime minister, but essentially President Sarkozy himself!
This is not a good sign for him.

For his nerves, either, because despite his praetorian guard around him and certified fans who applaud during his travels, he hates being heckled, whistled, and especially, if it goes in the media.
Beware of the violators, the journalists, the prefect, the police commissioner who did not do his job, according to the whims of the prince.

As now, we know he does not like it, just see for the future ...
: Cheesy:
0 x
Hydraxon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Hydraxon » 30/01/09, 11:49

Obviously the unions have a strategy to strike at the same time to all those who have a reason.

But it still has a certain meaning. In fact, do you think there is really a difference between demonstrating for purchasing power and against the system? There would be no reason to protest against the system if this same system brought comfortable incomes to all. And from the moment when we show for the purchasing power that the system makes it stagnate ... The system must feel targeted.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/01/09, 11:51

gegyx wrote:Private employees who were marching were waiting for dismissals, partial unemployment, box closure, or simply to say that we were "still" in the Republic, and that he could go on strike and protest if they thought that definitely the cup was full (Despite the unacceptable pressures on the pay and precarious employment of their bosses).

That's what I also noticed: easy to make the strike as a partial unemployed ... By cons it's not true for all: there were executives and employees of Alcatel Space who are in full economically speaking form!

gegyx wrote:The new fact is that the ignoble person who was attacked in these demonstrations was not a minister, or a prime minister, but essentially President Sarkozy himself!
This is not a good sign for him.

+ 1 by the way we still have not heard on the subject though? Sign of his lacheté?

Hydraxon wrote:There would be no reason to protest against the system if this same system brought comfortable incomes to all. And from the moment when we show for the purchasing power that the system makes it stagnate ... The system must feel targeted.

Comfortable incomes for all this is not possible it is mathematical and it is the very base of capitalism (which is, all the same, the best, the least worse, system I think no) ...BUT to guarantee a decent income for those who work so that life is not a continuity in precariousness is something else. Now what is the situation?

- The poor are still poor
- The very rich are richer and richer
- The middle classes * are becoming smarter and therefore poorer.

* for me middle class = person (or home) who has some stability in his job and who has savings potential at the end of the month, who can afford to go on holiday, to have leisure and who can do medium or long term projects.

I think the vast majority of members and readers of this forum are middle class. The problem comes precisely from these middle classes: it is they who form the social cohesion of society.

I repeat: a revolution does not begin when the poor are hungry but when the middle class starts to get hungry!

On the other hand, it would be necessary that these middle classes re-learn to consume better (there it does not concern the members of econology obviously) because, sorry, but one was never so surrounded by object not necessarily useful and unreliable reliability ... but the consumer is not necessarily entirely responsible for this decline in reliability.

Examples: TVs, Household Appliances, Cars whose lifespan has been VOLUNTARILY by decision of the shareholders divided by 2, 3 or more in 20 years !!! : Evil:
0 x
chrisleblay
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by chrisleblay » 30/01/09, 16:01

Examples: TVs, Household Appliances, cars whose lifetime was VOLUNTARILY by decision of the shareholders divided by 2, 3 or more in 20 years

Yes everything is there in what you just wrote.
With each purchase the question to ask is how it will break, it will be difficult to repair, maintain.
In my opinion globalization is for the sole purpose of putting companies very far for those who share the nest egg is quiet.
It's time to put things back in order, but what a legacy!

Chris
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/01/09, 16:14

chrisleblay wrote:It's time to put things back in order, but what a legacy!

Easy!!

Just turn the 80 and 90 ingested and put back ingested (now retired) years 60 and 70! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

At the same time we solve some of the problem of pensions and we give back work to artisans!
0 x