Fuel of human origin

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Flytox

Fuel of human origin

by Flytox » 10/01/09, 21:59

Bonjour à tous

http://www.courrierinternational.com/ar ... j_id=93207

Liposuction fat: a fuel for the future

A plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills claims to have found an ecological way to reconcile two major obsessions of Americans by rolling his 4 x 4 with the fat taken from his patients during liposuction. Alan Bittner, who opened a high-end clinic on Rodeo Drive, the chicest avenue in Los Angeles, feeds his Ford Explorer and his partner's Lincoln Navigator with biofuel produced from the fatty residues of bellies, buttocks and human thighs. “I have more than I need because the majority of my patients ask me to use their fat as fuel,” he says. Like that, they get rid of their love handles while helping to save the planet. ”
Dr. Bittner announced the news on the site (lipodiesel.com), indicating that he had performed some 7 liposuction operations and that 000 liter of human fat is roughly the same amount of biofuel.

According to scientists, there is no reason why human fat cannot be transformed into biofuel, because it contains the same triglycerides as animal fat, which are already used for this purpose. But this discovery did not convince the health authorities. The use of human medical waste to fuel vehicles - or any other commercial purpose - is generally illegal, and Dr. Bittner's clinic has been searched by California health officials. According to Forbes magazine, Dr. Bittner's ability to produce “lipodiesel” was revealed in trials brought by former patients: they accused him of having allowed his partner and his assistant , who did not have the necessary qualifications, to carry out complex operations.

A liter of lipodiesel should cover approximately the same distance as regular diesel, the magazine continues. Currently, most biofuels are produced from a mixture of corn and beef or pork fat.

Unfortunately, Dr. Bittner is no longer there to enjoy his fresh reputation. Shortly after the search of his clinic in November, he ceased to operate in Beverly Hills and apparently flew to South America. The lawyers of his former patients are now trying to find him. One of them, Andrew Better, says that Dr. Bittner's partner removed three of her clients from too much fat, which she badly butchered, and that dozens of other patients filed complaints with the Commission. California sanitary. Counsel for Dr. Bittner did not act. A notice on the surgeon's website indicates that he currently lives in Colombia.

The Independent
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Remundo

by Remundo » 10/01/09, 22:29

Too bad, because the USA with its obese would have been the world leaders in biolipofuels :P
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 10/01/09, 23:19

Well, he fished for greed

he pumped his customers too much to fill up :D : Cheesy:
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Flytox

by Flytox » 10/01/09, 23:34

The patient: "So doctor, how much do I have?"

The doctor: "With a good Diesel, about 300km in town!"

0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 10/01/09, 23:38

What a shame to waste human fat when we can make great soaps with it (and TNT)! :)
1st rule of the fight club, we don't talk about the fight club ...

SixK
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 11/01/09, 18:55

I hope he will offer his customers a discount equal to the price of the amount of fuel produced! : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be