The Art of War and Strategy, Below Cards

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

The Art of War and Strategy, Below Cards

by Christophe » 30/12/08, 15:04

Another excellent episode from the underside of the JC Victor Cards:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7vdqn ... -2008_news

2 interesting captures:

a) The world military budget for 20 years (in constant $, important thing)

It would have been interesting to find this curve since 1900.

b) The evolution of the precision of "bombs" (in the broad sense):

Yet there are almost always as many civilians killed ...
0 x
Flytox

Re: The Art of War and Strategy, Below the Cards

by Flytox » 30/12/08, 17:06

The evolution of the precision of "bombs" (in the broad sense):

Yet there are almost always as many civilians killed.

"Normal" the improvement of the precision of the drop point of the bombs, it is not to reduce the civilian victims but to decrease the cost of the bombs to be thrown, like that at equal price one can put other layers of it on d 'other objectives ... : Shock: : Evil: :frown:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/12/08, 18:24

Mmmm it is discussed ... I think rather that it is to reduce the load on board / to swing ... at the cost I do not know enough to judge but I think that the cost of the ton of explosive (in kg TNT equivalent) and brought to "shut up" transported by a modern missile must cost more than that of an old bomb of the 2nd world war right?

But indeed it needed more (in tonnage) for what you "peck your head" ...

No matter but to believe the 1m precision since 2003, collateral damage to a civilian is no longer one: it is a murder ... ah no it is that the civilian had nothing to do there is that it?

: Evil:
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 30/12/08, 18:38

It's well known !
All the terrorists hide themselves cowardly, in the middle of their small (or large) family ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 30/12/08, 18:47

Hey everyone ... and that ... nobody insists on it
However, all the great empires of today are working on it, especially the USA, of course.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/12/08, 19:37

Bah Remundo, star war it's already old ... I find that rather "good" no? :) Then what can I say more?

By the way, no one paid attention (me the 1st) but apparently there is an error of scale on the budget graph ...

It goes from 80 to 100 to 1200 ... I guess it's missing a 0 ...

In JC Victor's speech there is also an error I think when he says that the price of an F16 is the cost of several tens of thousands of soldiers ... or they are soldiers from the Third World paid 50 € per month?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 30/12/08, 19:41

it may depend on what is included in the cost.

Thus, we consider that the Rafale cost € 120 million per aircraft including R&D.

Knowing that a basic bidass' roughly costs € 36000 / year (charges + salaries), 1 burst amounts to 3333 soldiers.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 30/12/08, 19:44

Uh ... I forgot. The flight time of these cubic toys in tens of thousands of euros (pilot, maintenance, fuel ...) : Cheesy:

:P 2h flight = 1 infantryman :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/12/08, 19:45

Precisely Remundo, JC speaks of several tens of thousands of soldiers ... all inclusive (accommodation, food, training ...) and not just the "balance" ...

Anyway, we won't quibble ...

ps: not bad your new avatar!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 30/12/08, 20:10

Is not it ? After Mario, Luigi, here is Remundo :!:

If not, can I tell you a little bit about the 4th American army ...

Huh, the 4th? And yes: the Marines (army), the Navy, the US air force (USAF), and the "US space weapon".

Selected extract from what filtered in 2005 by press release from the General Staff featured in the highly respectable New York Times:
The Air Force believes "we must establish and maintain space superiority," Gen. Lance Lord, who leads the Air Force Space Command, told Congress recently. "Simply put, it's the American way of fighting." Air Force doctrine defines space superiority as "freedom to attack as well as freedom from attack" in space.

The USA wants to take a decisive advantage in this area. The weapons that can be placed in space intervene in a few tens of minutes on any point of the globe.

They can be directed beam weapons (laser, electromagnetic pulse, microwave) and more or less sophisticated atomic weapons, from the release of a depleted uranium cylinder to the thermonuclear bomb via the EMP (electromagnetic pulse) which well directed, grill all that is electronic.

Some links:

new weapons (in French

some elements on the space Weapon program made in USA

an article by pacifists
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."