Public subsidy VS mechanical sport

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
marc83069
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Public subsidy VS mechanical sport

by marc83069 » 31/08/08, 20:55

Open letter to Politicians on public subsidies for motorsports

In 1974, during the first oil shock, the question had already been asked ... it returns to the agenda today: Is it not shocking and anachronistic to see public authorities subsidize directly or indirectly with our racing taxes motorsports, big consumers of oil, when many of us have a hard time paying for our gas and heating?

I take the example of the Dark Dog Moto Tour which will take place at the end of September 2008. It is supported in our region by the city of Toulon (among others), the Var general council and the PACA region. Directly by subsidies or indirectly by the provision of places and a large number of public resources (City Hall service, DDE service, Police and Gendarmerie service, etc.).

And all this without anyone really knowing how to quantify any positive return for the region. The only real beneficiaries would be the restaurants on the Mourillon beaches and again because the flight of regulars is obvious on these days! First of all, financially, many of the rally players and potential spectators are in a motorhome and therefore in a more than self-sufficient mode! And in terms of image, these mechanical sports are far from nature and ecology which are the heart of the development of our region.

While it is acceptable that some privileged people can either live from their passion or simply practice it, it is normal and a citizen that in times of general difficulties, they fully assume their desires and that they do not rely on our taxes to enjoy it. After all, private sponsors (drinks, materials, etc.) are present enough and rich enough to finance all of this. And when the use of public resources is essential, they can easily reimburse the community the real cost ...

The government explains to us every day that it is necessary to reduce the amount of public expenditure, gentlemen politicians, be consistent between your words and your actions.

Awaiting your answers, gentlemen politicians, please accept my best regards.

Mark (Toulon)
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."