Back to school, annual mismanagement!

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

Back to school, annual mismanagement!

by Christophe » 20/08/08, 10:25

As every year comes back to school ... and its shelves filled with junk supposed to be educational tools ... hum hum..when we see the results for some ... or it is simply national selection. ..

No more jokes, I open this rant not to condemn the inexcusable: the purchase of pencil case or satchel once a year because they are "in fashion" (after Diddle will find us what as a pretext for consumption ?) and after complaining that we do not have enough money to buy fresh vegetables (heard yesterday in the news: "fresh vegetables are reserved for substantial salaries") !!! : Evil:

I just saw one overwhelming fact: who among you has ever finished a pencil "to the end"? Ditto for the notebooks ... I remember (it's far but I think I'm not mistaken) that it was very rare for me to finish one at the end of the year ... How much to estimate these losses dry? 30%? 40%?

Same mistake for books: national education and publishers have mafia behaviors to force to renew its books with the latest editions. If in primary school books are provided, they are the responsibility of parents in high school (college I do not remember but I believe they were provided) ....

And my consumption of square or plastic rules of shit when a single rule of metal or wood could have kept me my entire schooling (and possibly send some comrades to the host! But that is another matter) ... I don't even talk about it it's bad for my heart
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Back to school, annual mismanagement!

by Matt113 » 20/08/08, 10:36

Christophe wrote:Same mistake for books: national education and publishers have mafia behaviors to force to renew its books with the latest editions. If in primary school books are provided, they are the responsibility of parents in high school (college I do not remember but I believe they were provided) ....

Many high school books have them and rent them, it costs less than buying them.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 20/08/08, 10:38

100% agree with you, Christophe.
I am for freedom, for democracy; But NOT AT SCHOOL.
School is education; sometimes manipulation too :D
In this area, I am an extremist; I am even for the uniform, which avoids much suffering for the poorest.
Anyway, in some colleges reserved for the elites (so for the wealthy,), the uniform is required.
Why are the rules in these wealthy schools so strict, and not in simple schools?
There, I wonder.
In short, I am against the signs of wealth in school.
Racism is prohibited in all schools, so why accept social difference? : Shock:
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
delnoram

Re: Back to school, annual mismanagement!

by delnoram » 20/08/08, 11:30

Christophe wrote:
I just saw one overwhelming fact: who among you has ever finished a pencil "to the end"?

Uh me ... I always had in my case a 5 cm pencil, but hey it's true that I used it on both sides, only one to write. : Oops: : Cheesy:

chistophe did not dare so his subconscious wrote:while a single metal rule could have held my entire schooling in sound and untimely falls completely involuntary on my part, it was my left hand that pushed it

Sorry for this foray into this Belgian-immigrant Belgian subject : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 20/08/08, 12:23

I too use pencils for as long as possible.

This year on the list it was specified "pencils of good mark" I am counting that they did not mark the minimum sum to be spent so that one can consider that the pencil is of good quality !!!!

Obviously for the notebooks, these "super-human beings" that are the instits (eh! yes, let us remember that we are only vulgar parents) made it clear to us that recycled paper is crap (so that makes well 20 years of writing about shit) and that it was out of the question to accept it.

So, yes, Christophe, I share your rant.

PS: I am asked to pay the books for my son who enters CP!
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 20/08/08, 12:35

PS: I am asked to pay the books for my son who enters CP!

It's like in Belgium, I thought the law said that school is free : Shock:
Was it Napoleon who said that?
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 20/08/08, 12:49

it looks like they messed up Napoleon with compost anyway they tax us with their damn school cooperative since entering kindergarten on average € 50 per year + collective snacks € 25 per quarter on average.

then free school, we'll go back!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/08/08, 13:00

Hasardine wrote:This year on the list it was specified "pencils of good brand" I am cash that they did not mark the minimum amount to spend so that we can consider that the pencil is of good quality !!!!

Freudian slip? :)

Hasardine wrote:Obviously for the notebooks, these "super-human beings" that are the instits (eh! yes, let us remember that we are only vulgar parents) made it clear to us that recycled paper is crap (so that makes well 20 years of writing about shit) and that it was out of the question to accept it.

Without dec? So it deserves a public denunciation!

Hasardine wrote:So, yes, Christophe, I share your rant.

Hey say that I don't have children ... what will it be when I have them (I don't even know if the world would support me reproducing ...! Hihihih) ...

Hasardine wrote:PS: I am asked to pay the books for my son who enters CP!

Arf ...

In fact, this subject is not innocent, yesterday there was a report on the question to the JT of FR2 ... what made me laugh is that they detailed the expenses of an average college student per year ... by greedily (voluntarily ???) on the expenses of the mobile phone estimated at 20 € ... per year (it is rather per month) ...

What gave the impression that the cell phone is a "ridiculous" set ... it's the opposite and of course it is MANDATORY to go to class! Otherwise it is SOCIAL SHAME ... : Shock:

In my time to "stand out" it was the Nike or Adidas (I never had, I would piss off "fashion") ... on the other hand in 3rd I had my "chevignon" bag! Waw I was in the big class! : Cheesy:
Last edited by Christophe the 20 / 08 / 08, 14: 21, 1 edited once.
0 x
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 20/08/08, 14:15

I wore my grandmother’s dough pants that I found in his attic (my mother was ashamed of it!) but hey, I didn't care! that did not prevent me from having girlfriends and a guy who found it kitsch but super fun (in hindsight maybe that is why it did not go out very much! : Mrgreen: )

In any case, I still do not bend in fashion (neither clothing nor protable) and I live it well.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/08/08, 14:28

Hasardine wrote:In any case, I still do not bend in fashion (neither clothing nor protable) and I live it well.

We want evidence!
https://www.econologie.com/forums/nos-gueule ... t5891.html

: Cheesy:
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."