ARTE 21h: Climate change, a risk for peace?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

ARTE 21h: Climate change, a risk for peace?

by martien007 » 20/05/08, 20:32

Release date: Tuesday May 20
Schedule: 21: 00 - Duration: 1h35
Director: Gauthier Bonneville
History Is global warming driving the world to an exacerbation of conflicts : discussion and debate in pictures and expert speeches.

Summary: Ongoing climate change threatens world peace. Between rich and poor nations, but also within each country, conflicts will escalate. What diagnosis can we make? What remedies can we suggest? From gas fields in the Barents Sea to the eroded shores of Bangladesh, from the West Point military academy to the floods that threaten the south of France, what picture of the world of tomorrow can we draw? Experts provide their insights. We will hear in particular Hubert Védrine, former French Foreign Minister, Peter Schwartz, author of the Pentagon's secret report on global warming, the journalist Hervé Kempf and the philosopher Yves Paccalet.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/05/08, 23:57

What a program ... optimistic say so ... : Cry:

So it was good? What are their solutions? Sticking plasters on broken legs?
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 21/05/08, 09:16

Christophe wrote:What a program ... optimistic say so ... : Cry:

So it was good? What are their solutions? Sticking plasters on broken legs?

Don't be so backbiting! on a global scale it is not a ram here and there that will solve the problems.

Look and then you will criticize.

On Arte the broadcasts are excellent and the relevant speakers.

I could go back to the subjects discussed, but it is too long: Lake Chad which dries up and the people who live by it die in how many years or decades? the people of Bangladesh and Burma who are undergoing more and more devastating cyclones despite some dikes which could not resist waves of 6 m and winds of 240 km / h .... etc and soon the glaciers of the Himalayas that will melt and cause gigantic floods in the rivers that go to India and China.

And the Norwegians so close to nature (I went there in 1974) and who now want to take advantage of the windfall of oil and gas that is found under the seas off their coasts without worrying about global warming.

It was super interesting.

There was among others Hervé Kempf who said that the rich will bunkerise themselves and the majority of the population will suffer from the consequences of climate change ===> wars.

Our little comfort could well suffer when all these hungry people (because their houses and cultures destroyed by cyclones) go to look for safer places.
0 x
Mesh
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Mesh » 21/05/08, 13:04

Don't be so backbiting! on a global scale it is not a ram here and there that will solve the problems.

There is a duel in the air !!! Image

Seriously, this report from Arte was good, even if it did not solve anything.
Personally, I find it more and more difficult to watch this kind of report so sad it is, without that I can do little! : Cry:
0 x
About the sixth extinction of life on Earth?
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/05/08, 13:56

martien007 wrote:Don't be so backbiting! on a global scale it is not a ram here and there that will solve the problems.

No but it would help more than BLABLAS... Imagine the potential to reduce irrigation problems, especially in the Third World? (nothing to do at the price level with total or bp solar pumps ...).

We make war better when we are hungry, right?

But do not count too much, especially when "we" censor the principle of school books ...

bones wrote:Seriously, this report from Arte was good, even if it did not solve anything.
Personally, I find it more and more difficult to watch this kind of report so sad it is, without that I can do little!

This is quite the reason why I did not watch it ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 21/05/08, 14:04

Hello everyone,

I listened to this program yesterday in full.

To script future disasters: 20/20 my captain.
To explain that they are perfectly avoidable: 0/20 !!!

Obviously the best placed will protect themselves from the least well placed.

But guys, WE ARE NOT HERE, because we have all the energy necessary to produce drinking water and supply all the third world nations, while continuing to "binge" (maintaining our standard of living is a more objective formulation ...) in the West without polluting.

This is what I criticize this document for, its self-proclaimed and almost complacent catastrophism, and no reflection on the measures to be taken.

In particular, there have been crossings to zero of reflection, instilling the idea that developed nations are systematically responsible for all the ills in the world, even hurricanes and the drying up of Lake Chad.

Of course it is not a hydraulic ram that solves the problem, but at least it helps.

In brackets, I don't really understand these attacks on this pretty initiative by Christophe.

Dear friends, rather than lamenting soaking up the ambient catastrophism and philosophizing all year long on the political questions of the rich against the poor, so go see solutions which are suitable for ALL and nature, fully accessible today, like the DESERTEC project, the subject of which is accessible here

https://www.econologie.com/forums/desertec-e ... t5338.html

Friendly!
0 x