China: the hell of coal

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

China: the hell of coal

by martien007 » 12/04/08, 18:15

Another report on what is happening in China and which will not be seen at the Beijing Olympic Games (coal mines which burn and and emit gigantic quantities of CO2 + pollution + exploitation of miners forced to accept very bad working conditions and poorly paid):

http://www.arte.tv/static/c1/chine2008/ ... chine.html
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 12/04/08, 19:13

Coal is certainly much more dangerous than hydrocarbon reserves in terms of CO2 emission potential.

Some European coal mines are already reopening because oil is less and less competitive.

China is richly endowed with coal and feeds its growth on the combustion of gigantic quantity of coal, and this is only the beginning ...

It is imperative to redirect all of the world's energy policy towards renewable energy ...
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 13/04/08, 00:28

Remundo wrote:Coal is certainly much more dangerous than hydrocarbon reserves in terms of CO2 emission potential.

Some European coal mines are already reopening because oil is less and less competitive.

China is richly endowed with coal and feeds its growth on the combustion of gigantic quantity of coal, and this is only the beginning ...

It is imperative to redirect all of the world's energy policy towards renewable energy ...

Exact it's impressive the quantity of CO2 that escapes from these mines which burn on an area equal to twice that of France : Shock: I suppose these emissions have not been taken into account in the world classification by the IPCC : Cry:

They only had to take into account emissions from thermal power stations to produce electricity?
0 x