Ecological info

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Ecological info

by gegyx » 23/03/08, 23:03

Received this email
: Lol:

Rally of an EDF manager on Wednesday night 20h 12 March 08.

You may have seen it, last night at 20h on TF1, an enlightened gave us a lesson on energy saving. In this period of great cold, it was rather well placed, and it changed a little warmed on the tidal wave of 2004, the attacks in Iraq, the trial of pedophilia, road accidents and other images black we are shoveled every night ....

But our illuminated, he took us for idiots: He explained that by cutting all the nightlights of our electrical appliances, we could save 15% of our consumption. He's right, cut the night lights ... but he takes us for idiots!
Because it is only 2 3% economy that are possible ... unless we have 10 televisions, 15 hi-fi and 20 video recorders!

Then our illuminated explained to us that by putting energy saving lamps, 30 could be saved at 35% energy. He's right, you have to put energy-saving lamps, but again do not take us for idiots! Because it is 4 5% that can save, unless the house is equipped like that of the great-grandfather, ie just lamps and no fridge, microwave, washing machine Dishwashers, dryers and so on, because if there are all these devices there, lighting does not weigh heavily in consumption.

To top it off, a brilliant TF1 journalist took over and made the total savings that can be made, for once she counted other than deaths, children raped or burned cars:
15% on the night lights + 35% on the lamps it is 50% energy saving! ...
She did not say it, but we guessed that tomorrow, we will be able to stop half of the power plants! ... It's too stupid, but why are we not explained all that before!

To continue in the bullshit, the girl's TF1 then told us that for the remaining 50%, we could feed them with solar panels that produce 'green' electricity, showing us a picture of a beautiful house with a small solar panel behind. There, I almost fell from my chair, because we had never seen such a level of disinformation, such a monumental absurdity, because in fact, to produce these remaining 50%, based on an average consumption of 6 Kw (a subscription without electric heating), it would be necessary that each house has 140 meters of solar panels for a cost of 89 628 Euros (it is good for the purse of the one who sells them!)

In the chapter 'it's good for the planet', it should be added that solar panels, we do not know what to do when they reach the end of life, because they contain full of silicon and other heavy metals very polluting ...

Last night's TF1 report ends here. For information that is broadcast to 20h to all French, it's serious. The production of electricity, I know very well so I spotted immediately the scam to the info. But for the rest, what I do not know well, I'm sure we're told the same bullshit, so now I do not believe much. It's a shame for kids because they have everything to learn and they swallow easily.

Do not think that I'm against energy savings, I'm at 100 for, when they are realistic, but it makes me angry to hear such bullshit!
To continue in the intox, do you know Biville on sea in Seine Maritime?
It is a small coastal village near Dieppe, where 6 wind turbines have recently come out of the ground. Six latest generation machines occupying 4 kms of our Normandy coastline and whose blades peak at 85 m high. Each wind turbine has a maximum power of 2 megawatts ... when the wind blows hard. It's not much compared to the 2600 megawatt that come out permanently from the nearby nuclear plant, but it's still that, especially when it's very cold like now, especially since this year the dams are empty following the drought this summer. Damage even though this renewable energy is so expensive and uncontrollable (4 times more expensive than that of the atom), but it does not matter, EDF has the obligation to buy (and expensive).
It remains marginal, it does not see too much on the bill of customers.
But back to our 6 wind turbines; since a few days ago there is only one wind turbine turning, the other 5 would be they deprived of wind?
That nay, the wind there is not for several days, which is generally the case when it is very cold, or very hot. It's nature, man does not dictate his law yet.

But then, if there is no wind how to explain that one and only one wind turbine turns?
The answer is very simple: We want to make us believe in the renewable energy, so we do not hesitate to cheat to hide the bad side. Yeah, it would not be good for people in the region who have not yet accepted that in their landscape, to see all the wind turbines stopped while it is - 4 degrees outside.
So, simply, we turn a motor ... (yes it's possible, giving it power!). It consumes some electricity, but it makes you think it produces energy.
It's time to stop whispering every night to the weather 'it's good for the planet', because here we know more about where the good and the bad are, and we'll end up thinking that those who give advice are the most 'disgusting'.

Do not think that I am against renewable energies. On the contrary, if they could replace our nuclear plants, coal or oil, I would be delighted. But unfortunately, electricity 'said clean' without smoke, without CO2, without atoms, available when we need it, at a price that does not destroy our jobs and does not scape our comfort, it does not exist.

In 20, 30 or 50 can be ....

In my environment, I do not know anyone who cleans clothes, or who starts his empty dishwasher ... So it is high time that the media and some political ideals stop to take us for the remainder with oriented reports, truncated and civic lessons that do not hold water.

Oh yes, I was going to forget it: I even heard about 3 weeks ago, Evelyne Delias tell us, after its weather page, that we should not put too much heat in the car because it consumes fuel and 'it's not good for the planet'. Evelyne, if you had taken courses in mechanics, you would know that the heating of the car recovers heat from the water of the engine cooling circuit and this hot water must absolutely be cooled by passing it in the main radiator (the one behind the grille), either in the radiator of the heating of the passenger compartment, otherwise it is the death of the engine! If this water is not cooled enough, it is even the cooling system fan that must take care of it by using electricity to turn! And that ... 'it's not good for the planet' cons!

We could also mention the biofuels, presented as green fuels while to engage in this way, it is a disaster ecological and human in the short term: sniffing the windfall, large agro-food groups are clearing whole forests right now and replace crops for human consumption with those plantations for the production of 'green' fuel. Did you like this perverse effect of biofuel?

But this is another debate and I have palpitations already just thinking about it ...

Above all, especially, please ... INFORME!

And spread this if it appeals to you.
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 24/03/08, 07:58

a word: bravo!
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 24/03/08, 08:24

for giant fans, intox ???? http://forums.futura-sciences.com/thread119151.html
I look pretty, but the internet also disinforms as much as it informs! who to believe ?? to see the forum science is also the fair !!! : Lol:
0 x

little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 24/03/08, 08:28

Bonjour,

simple, sensible, but so true ... !!!
nice shot of Gegyx ...

and if you allow me, I would allow myself to print a part of it, and today I'm running a double conference-debate (rainwater), and I think I'll read part of your text as a intro ...

because disinformation, misinformation (intox) is everywhere, especially in these "sensitive" areas ... just like water ...

and about these media, all oriented and controlled they are ... I still difficult to understand how sometimes they can come out as big .... !! ??

but OK ..... :((

good day anyway ..!

cordially
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 24/03/08, 09:23

Hello

This shot of mouth is at the origin of a subject on heat-earth
It was not written by Gegyx, moreover he writes that he received it by mail
Here is the link :

http://www.chaleurterre.com/forum/viewsujet.php?t=6227

This message had to be widely distributed by email between forumers and he falls back on another forum

A+
0 x
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Arthur_64 » 24/03/08, 09:31

Editorial Conference:
We are charrette, we are missing a magazine subject! Who has an idea?
- Well, we could talk about the six-month queue for driver's licenses
- Nan, it interests nobody except candidates and driving schools. If we played it civism, with something green?
- Speaking of monsanto?
- You're crazy! No, something about saving energy. We have 1 / 2 time to buckle this! Who is devoted?
- But it does not leave us time to research!
- I do not ask you for a thesis, I ask you to fill 7 minutes. We stay in the approximate.
- Beloved chef, you're great!

----------------------------------------------

The concern is that journalists are not likely to be bullshit. If I say bullshit about Monsanto, half of the bar will come out. But who will come to rectify or ask for a right of reply?

And if we asked, at best there would be no answer, at worst we would send shit.

Maybe they should be prepared with pre-cluttered press kits, which you just have to read on the air?
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 24/03/08, 09:58

In science and life they estimated the possibility of stopping A central if everyone stopped his watches and used low conso lamps: there it looks a little more realistic ...

Wind turbines powered by electricity I do not believe too much (I do not see the point), on the other hand depending on the places there is sometimes a little wind due for example to thermal influences or the relief (effect venturi), sometimes it is a "laughing" effect well known to sailboats and whose arrival is indicated by the crimps on the surface of the water ... Sometimes also wind turbines are stopped for technical reasons ...
0 x
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 24/03/08, 10:51

For heating cars, the cars are equipped with heating elements to heat the air within minutes after starting ... It is usually under the glove box.

So actually do not put the heater the first minutes when the windshield is not frozen, it saves a little fuel. But it must be marginal.

SixK
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 24/03/08, 11:22

SixK wrote:For heating cars, the cars are equipped with heating elements to heat the air within minutes after starting ... It is usually under the glove box. : Arrow: are you sure of yourself ? it does not concern a lot of cars!

So actually do not put the heater the first minutes when the windshield is not frozen, it saves a little fuel. But it must be marginal.

SixK

on the ford focus, a heater heats the water system, so that the engine quickly goes into operation; the best is to educate the people not to start a cold HDI to 150m !!!!
0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 24/03/08, 13:10

loop wrote:Hello

This shot of mouth is at the origin of a subject on heat-earth
It was not written by Gegyx, moreover he writes that he received it by mail
Here is the link :

http://www.chaleurterre.com/forum/viewsujet.php?t=6227

This message had to be widely distributed by email between forumers and he falls back on another forum

A+

Hence the need to use QUOTE ...
0 x