Recycling planes

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Recycling planes

by jean63 » 07/03/08, 09:14

The industry has been bought by Veolia Environnement !!

Even in the green, finance is still there ...

http://futuristiktrader.daily-bourse.fr ... nce-airbus
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/03/08, 09:43

Good review article!

Ah, beautiful direct recycling!

Christine are you buying me a table like that for my birthday?

0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 07/03/08, 13:20

Bonjour à tous

For aeronautical recycling, metals are pretty well recycled. Even the machining chips during manufacturing are not mixed between various metals in order to be better valued.

As for gray energy, during General Reviews or Non Interruptive Potential Visits there are many parts that are changed. Lots of them, although rather expensive and still compliant, will be destroyed. : Shock:

These parts are not at the limit of potential and therefore perfectly avionable, but for various commercial reasons will be destroyed. This is intentional in order to annihilate the used parts market. The customer therefore has to buy a new fortune for a whole much more expensive when it would have been enough to change some elements that he could have found used. :frown:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 07/03/08, 17:03

In the USA in particular, there is a real traffic in "second-hand" aircraft parts, unfortunately these are often fake original parts (for information, the Concorde went to the carpet because of one of them made. in a non-conforming material ...), or even parts with falsified documents (each part is strictly followed, level of maintenance, duration of use and lifespan) that is why potentially reusable parts are often destroyed for try to stop this traffic ... in addition during the life of an airplane model, there are modifications that are made which can make parts of old models, even with a good remaining potential, obsolete ...
Aircraft metals have always been very well recycled because of their high value, when sorting chips is now the norm in all machine shops ... especially with current prices ... of more recyclers impose a penalty if the delivered chips are too "polluted" ...
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 07/03/08, 22:26

Hello

Most of the large transport jets end their lives in the USA. There is a large demolition center with large equipment to deliver a 707 in a short time.
the engine and steel parts are dismantled, the seat and plastic parts and sorted electrical wiring, the tires, wheel ect ... separate, then, in a few hours, the fuselage and the wings are sliced ​​a little pieces towards the foundry in aluminum ingot 2024 T3 is an expensive alloy to produce.
It's impressive to see how they charge a jumbo
Certain filmmakers sometimes buy complete planes before recycling to make films.

Another very large depot of planes in the desert in the USA where the climate is dry as much military planes as civil planes are stored outside, in the sun.

Andre
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/03/08, 22:16

In my hometown (Charleroi), there is a guy who made a restaurant with an old A320. It is surrounded by artificial palm trees and the staff is necessarily "very typical". It's been quite successful.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Arthur_64 » 13/03/08, 23:23

I knew the same thing with a restaurant on a double-decker bus.
0 x
AIR
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by AIR » 14/03/08, 12:58

The French army, for its part, recycles its French planes itself or bought abroad.
The only problem is that the carcasses arrive by truck ...
: Mrgreen:
0 x
the men precede the forest, the deserts follow them "CHATEAUBRIANT
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/03/08, 13:00

By truck yes and?
0 x
AIR
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by AIR » 14/03/08, 13:01

Christophe wrote:By truck yes and?

It could land a last time on the recycling base!
: Mrgreen:
0 x
the men precede the forest, the deserts follow them "CHATEAUBRIANT

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."