Emma: Crash video of an Airbus avoided in Hamburg

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Emma: Crash video of an Airbus avoided in Hamburg

by jean63 » 03/03/08, 11:53

Bravo the pilot !!!

An airbus A-320 of the German company Lufthansa, coming from Munich, risked big at the time of the landing. It took all of the pilot's bravery and bravery to avoid a tragedy for the 137 passengers on board.

The famous newspaper Bild (here) reported the info stating that "the gales played well with the plane carrying it to the left and to the right of the runway", referring to Cyclone Emma who visited the Europe a few days ago.
Inevitable was the blow that had the left wing of the airbus ... Well, it's quite normal when you're at 250 km / h. The plane was finally able to land 15 minutes late.

The video you are about to see was filmed by a passerby who was at the edge of the runway at the time of the landing.

http://oussinthebox.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... -grop.html
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/03/08, 12:17

Wow awesome ...
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 03/03/08, 12:33

Yes the crosswind conditions were "borderline", but not exceptional for example in Hong Kong (but only the "crême de la crême" is sent there by pilots) ...
However, even if he caught up well, the pilot made 2 errors: on the one hand, he should have diverted to a better exposed track (which he probably did after that ...), d 'on the other hand he did not put the kite upwind to avoid being "lifted" (with a more powerful gust he could have ended up on his back ...) ...
"You will make me 100 slides to learn how to put the low wing in the wind" (I had the opportunity to see a 747 too high on its descent path make a huge slide (the passengers if they had seen that! ...), but there the pilot was very good because the maneuver was really perfect ...)
Memories of a landing that I made personally in similar conditions: final at 45 ° from the runway, then put back into the axis with the low wing to the wind and landing on a wheel (because after I almost got out of the runway when the speed has reduced and it was no longer worn ...) ... but good with a high wing plane it's easier because there is less risk of hitting ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 04/03/08, 00:15

Hello

the radio announcer speaks of a 200kmh wind? it's a bit strong
Rather 60 Knts already not bad for an air bus, full wind across
not to mention that it must be mastered once on the ground.
200kmh it's a storm to tear off many roofs
the plane would have landed in the same place 10 minutes later, the time for the pilots to decompress, it should not be forgotten that a wing touched down. (therefore usual checks to be done in flight)

He may not have been able to go elsewhere on a runway wind in the axis, weather, or fuel. The method on large planes is to go down in crab and decrable at the last minute, small planes we lean the wing in the wind, it sometimes passes close to the ground. Some avoin have the steerable landing gear to land in crab.
With our small planes the maximum that I had to debate is 30 knts crooked, the pilot becomes small in his seat, we always end up being caught on the return in conditions that have suddenly changed, sometimes it exceeds the aircraft and pilot capacity
In principle when you make your approach and that to stay in a straight line in the axis of the runway the angle is 45 degrees is that the crosswind has the same speed as the speed of the plane.

Andre
A crab approach last week on land on the ice that complicates life.

0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 04/03/08, 10:11

Andre wrote:With our small planes the maximum that I had to debate is 30 knts crooked, the pilot becomes small in his seat, we always end up being caught on the return in conditions that have suddenly changed, sometimes it exceeds the aircraft and pilot capacity
In principle when you make your approach and that to stay in a straight line in the axis of the runway the angle is 45 degrees is that the crosswind has the same speed as the speed of the plane.

It is clear that we do not like to face this kind of situation, besides the day or I had to do it, it was due to a degradation + rotation of the winds (not announced by the weather) during a 2h flight ... just before me a friend landed in an ULM on the same runway, but in the width direction: it was almost a vertical landing despite the gradient near the ground : Mrgreen:
Excellent landings however (we admit that a good landing is when the crew leaves the aircraft unharmed, and an excellent landing is when in addition the aircraft is reusable after : Cheesy:
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 10/03/08, 22:26

Chatham wrote:landing on a wheel

It is indeed the only solution which allows to stay in the axis of the track. I had the opportunity to land like this with a Jodel D112. Be careful to check the handle and the feet well so as not to get embarked when the other wheel touches and the plane returns to horizontal. The crosswind was strong but luckily not gusty. I liked.
I do not understand why the pilot of the Airbus preferred a crab approach rather than a slide. For aeronautical standards, for a question of structural resistance, does it require it to touch the right and left trains at the same time? maybe Chatham could inform us.
In the event of difficulty in controlling, the best way is actually, if possible, to send all the sauce to regain control, regain maneuverability and repeat the lap.
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."