Children affected by pollution

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 20/02/08, 00:28

Worrisome this study! but what is the Grenelle of the environment for? :

Clermont-Ferrand study denounces air pollutants
One in three children is highly exposed in the classroom to air pollutants. This is the finding of an INSERM study mentioned on Thursday during scientific days in Paris. The study, conducted in 1999-2000 in six cities, including Clermont-Ferrand. The study involved more than 5 children.

Exposure to air pollutants would result in respiratory problems in children: allergic rhinitis for nitrogen dioxide, asthma for fine particles. Other studies presented during these days have alerted the fact that exposure to a polluted environment could be the cause of a more reduced development of the fetus, and respiratory diseases.

Michèle Froment-Védrine, director of AFSSET (French agency for health and environmental security), organizer of these scientific days, regretted "the absence of a direct link between researchers and decision-makers in the field", since such studies have changed nothing in the state of the classes and in their mode of renovation.

source: http://rhone-alpes-auvergne.france3.fr/ ... 160-fr.php
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Remundo

by Remundo » 20/02/08, 11:00

I confirm that it stinks in Clermont Ferrand, especially in summer and in the city center since they built a damn tram at great cost which after having completely blocked traffic during its construction, continues to do so partially now occupying 2 / 3 roadways for nothing. :|

Truly a beautiful crows aerodrome, these tram tracks. : Lol:

And if one day the city changes, the tram lines are frozen and unsuitable.

Until we understand that it is necessary to set up priority hybrid buses, or 100% electric, with a reasonable reserved corridor, and adaptable lines with urban changes, we will not succeed.

Fortunately I stay in my mountains as much as possible ... It's good for my neurons :D

@+
0 x