Pollution of the Rhône

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
oliburn
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Pollution of the Rhône

by oliburn » 31/12/07, 15:23

Following the (super) report from France 5, which made me want
to vomit ... I would like to wish a bad year to all the bastards who have knowingly let pollute the Rhône ... for 30 years !!!!!!!

Even today the cancer departments of the various
medical units speak of a 70% increase in cancers
on the side of port St louis and the authorities do not want to communicate statistics, PCBs (polychloro .... machinchose)
killed the rhône, the fishermen gave food to their client and to
their family of fish contaminated for years ...
all this to maintain jobs, taxes etc, etc ...
It's a shame...

happy new year to all those who are not of this race !!!

http://www.france5.fr/programmes/articl ... isonne.php

PS: wait until next year to watch this report, it might ruin the party ...
0 x
Be your own torch, your own refuge, your own master ... "
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 31/12/07, 17:33

For the Rhine, the real awareness took place during the massive chemical pollution of 1986 following a fire at the Sandoz factory in Basel: after that the fight against pollution was fierce especially on the industrial side and paid off , today if it is not yet as good as it should be, we can again see crayfish and salmon in the Rhine ...
However there are still problems at the estuary because of the accumulated sedimentary sludge which contains heavy metals and PCB ...
Note that there are still a lot of PCB transformers in service and that they will not all be replaced for a long time (it costs a max) ...
PCBs were once the panacea: ultra stable, high thermal resistance, etc ... :?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/12/07, 17:38

Chatham wrote:PCBs were once the panacea: ultra stable, high thermal resistance, etc ... :?

Just like asbestos ... we even called it "Silver fiber" (or something like that) because it was thermally efficient and therefore had value for those who sold it ... it was before let us "know" ... we will also know for other pollution "later" ... even if we already know ...
0 x