Yann Arthus Bertrand offset carbonne?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
iso14000
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Yann Arthus Bertrand offset carbonne?

by iso14000 » 05/12/07, 08:35

Pretty pictures seen from the sky, and that's a minimum for a guy who knows how to take pictures.
I found this report / program to be good, I particularly liked the fine way to box the lady from Monsento who received this picouze "comm" and who unwound her pro GMO text without a teleprompter: a good time to laugh ... she has to eat her GMOs!

On the other hand there is a big big catch! the sponsor at the end!
tada! Peugeot and the 3rd generation DPF! breathe good fuel oil with my particle filter which adds a lot of highly toxic products! under cover of less than 120g of CO2 per km

There is still the BIG FAULT! yuck

followed by a pub tunnel with first .... the C1 and its .... particle filter!

My heart hurts ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 05/12/07, 17:07

On the other hand there is a big big catch! the sponsor at the end!
tada! Peugeot and the 3rd generation DPF! breathe good fuel oil with my particle filter which adds a lot of highly toxic products! under cover of less than 120g of CO2 per km

... same reaction as you ..... but for less CO2, it will be necessary to swallow the "diesel" pill, because they will also set up bonus-malus on new vehicles according to their rate of CO2 emission .... and since it is the diesels that send the least, too bad for those who will breathe the remaining micro-particles + the other harmful components emitted by the DPF (what is it that is emitted? ).

The other shows, they count for nothing.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 05/12/07, 22:12

Stupid question, what do you have as a vehicle?
Re stupid question, are you compensating for CO2?

OK for micro particles and for toxic gas emissions.

Now we have to realize that zero emission vehicles still do not exist in the markets when they are ready to go. It's sad but it's like that!
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
iso14000
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by iso14000 » 06/12/07, 09:04

my car is an LPG, which remains motionless all the holy week because I'm going to work with my muscle-powered bike (16km).

I have been making this effort since I started working (10 years), I choose my jobs according to the distance to my home and public transport, I buy my fruits and vegetables directly from producers who move their asses by coming to the markets ( even in a diesel van because if everyone goes to them it's worse!)

I lobby my colleagues, I spoil my in-laws so that they can act responsibly.

I consume about 4 cubic meters of water per month for a family of 4 (2 babies) (and I still find that too much).

I use soap nuts as much as possible (do not dream it does not detach the clothes from the mouflets)

I use dishwasher tablets without phosphates.

I buy as little Chinese shit as possible (it becomes difficult too)

I recycle glass, cardboard (even the one in my box!), Paper. I bring the white spirit that I use to clean the chain of my bike to the recycling center

I'm preparing a bath water recovery system for the toilet tank (it's not easy, I'm in an apartment)

I heat myself to 18 ° C, in my kids' room it is 16 ° C at night and they are not sicker than the others.

I support companies that manufacture and install wind turbines.

And many more.

aaaaaaaah!
it feels good to let go!

eh? what! am I not compensating for the CO2?

well no. ... in rare cases I get lessons in ecology, but it happens.

: Mrgreen:
0 x
iso14000
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by iso14000 » 06/12/07, 09:07

more constructive:

to find out the junk that oil cars spit go take a look at the site of the drire

And for the blues, do you screw it in the skull:

It's not just CO² that pollutes!
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 06/12/07, 12:04

Found on the DRIRE PACA website:

Releases into the air

Dust or suspended particles
Dust is a complex of organic or mineral substances which can be of natural or anthropogenic origin. A distinction is made between aerosols which are a suspension in a gaseous medium of very fine particles (recondensed vapors), black fumes, gases and soot resulting from combustion mechanisms (industrial combustion or heating, incineration, engines in particular diesel, etc.) , and larger dust which results from physical mechanisms such as crushing (quarries), erosion or abrasion (pavements).

The size of the dust is decisive for its effects on health.

Larger particles (size greater than 10 µm) are retained by the upper airways, while particles of intermediate size (2.5 to 10 µm) reach the trachea and bronchi. Only the finest particles (size less than 2,5 µm) penetrate the ramifications of the respiratory tract and are the most harmful because they have a high probability of being deposited in the pulmonary alveoli and of remaining there permanently. The finest particles, even at relatively low concentrations, can therefore irritate the respiratory tract or impair respiratory function, especially in children and sensitive people. Regardless of their chemical composition, the mechanical effect of particles on the lungs is responsible for bronchial irritations ranging from cough to exacerbation of an asthma attack, or even precipitated mortality in people suffering from respiratory or vascular pathology and in particular from bronchoconstriction.

First results of continuous dust measurements (PM10) for 1999.
Source AIRMARAIX, AIRFOBEP, QUALIT'AIR

Geographic Sector Annual average in µg / m 3
(standard set at 40 µg / m3 / h)
Marseilles (13) 31
Aix-en-Provence (13) 31
Goat port (13) 29
Martigues (13) 19
La Seyne sur mer (83) 31
Avignon (84) 25
Antibes (06) 28
Tales (06) 29
Blausasc (06) 34

In addition, the finest particles can transport toxic compounds in the lower respiratory tract (sulphates, heavy metals, hydrocarbons, etc.) or even mutagenic and carcinogenic elements (certain polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons: PAHs). We will also note that the negative effects are increased during the combination of dust and sulfur compounds which act in synergy. Research is therefore currently being developed to assess the impact of compounds emitted by diesel vehicles.

The levels of suspended particles, measured by the black smoke method, are higher on heavy traffic lanes. The guide values ​​for dust have been exceeded on the two Marseille sites of Plombières and National, which are particularly steep.

Note the progressive equipment of cities in TEOM (measurement of particles smaller than 10 µm), planned for nearly 25 stations (covering Bouches du Rhône, Var, Vaucluse and Alpes-Maritimes). The first annual results for 1999 show that the annual limit value of 40 µg / m3 has been approached but nevertheless respected on the "background" measurement sites.

this is for diesels without DPF (article from 1999).

For new diesels with DPF, is there a study on the emissions of micro-particles and other dangerous chemical compounds?

I also have an LPG vehicle, but it will no longer be sold because the new bonus-malus system will favor diesels since it is based on CO2 emissions. They do not take into account other pollutants harmful to health, especially in cities.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 06/12/07, 18:30

iso14000 wrote:aaaaaaaah!
it feels good to let go!

eh? what! am I not compensating for the CO2?

well no. ... in rare cases I get lessons in ecology, but it happens.

Don't get angry my little sugar !!! I was just asking a stupid question like I said ... 8)

Not even humor at first ... : Cheesy:

I congratulate you for everything you do for our planet !!!
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!