Petition Tram against motorway in Liège

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
bolton069
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Petition Tram against motorway in Liège

by bolton069 » 09/11/07, 12:14

Hello,

For all Belgians, Liègeers, or supporters of the environmental cause. (hoot it makes it pompously and solemnly that!) Here is a petition against the Cerexhe-Heuseux - Beaufays motorway link project.

Brief reminder of the situation:

: Arrow: a few months ago a study commissioned by the TEC. (RATP de Liège) comes to the surprising conclusion (no joke) that a tram would have its place in the city, and would be beneficial for improving transport in the city. : Cheesy:

: Arrow: During this year, after more than 10 years of posted announcements, delays and other delays are announced à la Liégeoise. the launch of procedures that will lead to the construction ofa stretch of highway from 15 km for the modest sum of 400 million. : Evil:

: Arrow: The budgets of the public powers being what they are, for the common people it means, to bury the tram, to promote the urbanization of the region, to clog up even more the roads and the city center, in short nothing good for mobility, nor public health. : Evil:

http://petitions.agora.eu.org/tram_vs_chb/index.html

If you feel concerned and want to positively influence the future of the quality of life and travel in a European city, you have the opportunity to do so thanks to this petition.

For additional information on the motorway link, see here

As you can imagine, I signed! I also added the following text:

Public transport and soft mobility, I vote for.

With this in mind, why not allocate a tiny part of this pharaonic budget to the creation of cycle paths that are genuinely on their own (and therefore safer) and useful on a daily basis, between areas of residence and areas of economic activity. For example from the city center to the industrial and commercial zones of the periphery to start. Rather than RAVELs that are pleasant, but very ill-suited to a change in everyday mode of transport.

It would also be a good idea to strengthen the punishment for parking offenses on cycle paths which currently enjoy impunity. This turns them into de facto parking lots, and reduces the use of bikes in the city.

Mobilize yours.

PS: RAVEL = Autonomous Network of Slow Tracks: old railway tracks unused and rehabilitated for the practice of soft mobility. (at leisure)
http://met.wallonie.be/opencms/opencms/fr/ravel/

PPS: There will be a conference on the subject, I announce it in another post. here
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 09/11/07, 15:31

I know little about the center of Liège but not enough about its highways and I admit that I have already made miles of detours in this imbroglio where even the gps goes crazy.

By cons, I seemed to see trams in the center, and quite recent. But maybe it's just a small stretch?

Finally, I like what you say on the bike paths and on RAVEL. It is to be believed that the bicycle is considered only as a hobby and not at all as a real means of transport, even less as an alternative to the car. But what does Eddy Merckx do?
0 x
bolton069
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by bolton069 » 09/11/07, 16:14

Christine wrote:
By cons, I seemed to see trams in the center, and quite recent. But maybe it's just a small stretch?

Unfortunately, there have been no trams or trolleybuses in Liège since the 70s. : Cry:

But all is not all lost !! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 09/11/07, 18:42

As much for me. But my error is revealing: I was thinking of the comics of Sauvinière and Avroy which have exactly the configuration of the places of passage of trams in other cities with their medians (or whatever) in the middle. This is also surely where trams used to pass (?). It looks like everything is prepared and all you have to do is lay down the rails ...
0 x