FR 17/10 20pm: "And for a few more degrees"

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

FR 17/10 20pm: "And for a few more degrees"

by jean63 » 17/10/07, 08:41

It's tonight with N. Hulot and JM.Jancovici among others.

it can be interesting because a lot of subjects discussed ==>

Summary
It is since the Saintes-Maries-of-the-Sea, in Camargue, that Marie Drucker presents this great emission of information on the global warming. A topic all the more relevant as the "Grenelle of the environment" is currently held, and it is already established that this warming will be, by the end of the century, 2 degrees at least! Marie Drucker receives for debate several experts of the question: Nicolas Hulot, Jean-Marc Jancovici, Laurence Tubiana, Christian Buchet and Pierre RadanneThe show is punctuated with reports:It will get warmer. Patrick Hesters, France's science journalist 3, draws on the latest expert estimates to deliver a projection of what will be the Earth in 2050 ...Cameroon, alert to deforestation. This country is a victim of its massive export of exotic wood ...Green California. This American state is setting an example in terms of sustainable development ...The green family. Meeting with a family very concerned about its "ecological footprint" ... The habitat of the 21st century. Introducing the ideal house for the environment...21st century transport. Overview of the solutions to adopt: clean cars, green fuels
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
mnot
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mnot » 18/10/07, 17:09

I liked the report where a woman rolls with a super big 4x4 and a dozen old americans under pretque she refuel at corn ethanol : Shock: Not even picked up by the journalist on the spot :!:

The priorities to choose:

it Image where Image
0 x
Forummeur: someone who has an opinion on everything, but above all has an opinion.
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 18/10/07, 23:51

I liked the report where a woman rolls with a super big 4x4 and a dozen old American women on loanexte it's filling up with corn ethanol

It was a US 4X4 but biodiesel and not ethanol (ie HVB: raw vegetable oil), which surprised me for the US because I thought they had not no diesel there.

For the rest, I had the same reaction, it was inappropriate such a testimony, she believes to save the planet by still driving with her huge motorized carriages BUT with organic "they are crazy these ricans" ..... finally for her it is the case, she believes herself to be green, it is serious : Evil:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/10/07, 10:29

mnot wrote:The priorities to choose:

it Image where Image

Except that the picture on the right was taken before fuel ethanol ... : Evil:

Once again: is what is wrong with the engines going in the stomach of those who are hungry, especially in Africa? OF COURSE NOT !!!

The problem is mainly financial-financial: it is the coupling of the price of certain cereals on the price of crude! This is unacceptable! Indeed: only a low% is used cerals is used for energy ...

Ah, these ****** of oleo-bush-goldenboys are strong to crush the "competition" ...
0 x
mnot
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mnot » 19/10/07, 15:01

Christophe wrote:Except that the picture on the right was taken before fuel ethanol ... : Evil:
Christophe, this is a strong illustrative image (Beneton?), I regret to tell you that hunger in the world still exists => http://www.actioncontrelafaim.org/

I agree with you, this corn would not be produced at all, so it will not solve the famine problem in the world.

It does not prevent, my mother always said to me:
DO NOT PLAY WITH FOOD, SOME DO NOT HAVE!
That's why I'm against any energy solution directly from potentially human nourishment (even some algae).

By cons, for the indirect, it's great ...

PS: Indirect example: used cooking oil but especially organic waste.

jean63 wrote:It was a US 4X4 but biodiesel and not ethanol (ie HVB: raw vegetable oil), which surprised me for the US because I thought they had not no diesel there.
That's what surprised me because the old American runs on the ordinary.
In fact, there are the 2 in the service station:
For info 3.49 USD = 2.443 € the American gallon = 3,8 liter.
either 0.643 € per liter.
price of 19 / 10 / 2007 1USD = 0.700 €

For those who missed the show:

http://info.france3.fr/encadres/35046861-fr.php
0 x
Forummeur: someone who has an opinion on everything, but above all has an opinion.
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 23/10/07, 15:59

It does not prevent, my mother always said to me:
DO NOT PLAY WITH FOOD, SOME DO NOT HAVE!
That's why I'm against any energy solution directly from potentially human nourishment (even some algae).

In 2 days (October 25) there will be a report tabled at the UN on world hunger by Jean Ziegler who wrote a book on this subject entitled "The Empire of Shame".

I heard him speak in a TV show about biofuels and I think I remember that it was what you said.

You can see the summary of this book on the site amazon.fr ==>
Publisher's presentation
Today, we are witnessing a tremendous refeeding movement of the world. Because the September 11 was not only an opportunity for George W. Bush to extend the US hold on the world, the event hit all three shots of peoples of the southern hemisphere by transcontinental major corporations. To impose this new regime of submission of peoples to the interests of large private companies, there are two weapons of
massive destruction of which the masters of the empire of shame know how to play admirably: debt and hunger. By indebtedness, states abdicate their sovereignty; by the hunger that results, the peoples agonize and renounce freedom. This formidable grinding and submissive machine no longer supports any of the limitations that international law traditionally claimed to impose on relations between States and between peoples. As a result, it is the regime of structural and permanent violence that everywhere is gaining ground in the South, while international law is dying. But who are these cosmocrats who, little by little, privatize until the water that the peoples must henceforth buy them? This book hides their most devious methods: here we patent the living, there we break union resistance, elsewhere we impose the culture of GMOs by force. Yes, it is the empire of shame that has surreptitiously taken place on the planet. But it is precisely on shame that the
revolutionary spring, as the insurgents of 1789 have taught us. This revolution is on the march: insurrections of consciences here, insurrections of hunger there. It alone can lead to the refoundation of the right to the search for happiness, this old case of the eighteenth century. Jean Ziegler, who testifies here of an exceptional knowledge of the ground, calls without reserve in conclusion.

Authors biography
Jean Ziegler is United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food. He is the author of many books, including Switzerland lava white (1990), Switzerland, gold and the dead (1997), The New Masters of the world (2002).

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."