Yet the energetic crisis: meat and agriculture

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
gilgamesh
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Yet the energetic crisis: meat and agriculture

by gilgamesh » 11/09/07, 00:21

Hello,

I want to contribute with some thoughts on the current situation:

The energy and pollution crisis is a product of overpopulation which was itself possible thanks to the abundant resources of cheap oil. The population explosion actually begins with the agricultural revolution - with the possibility of producing more with very little labor. In traditional agriculture the energy balance is almost balanced - one calorie spent = one calorie gained. In industrial agriculture it takes 16 calories to produce 1 calorie of cereal and 70 calories to produce a calorie of meat ..... It's easy to see if 6 billion people want to eat burgers that it won't work anymore. ..

If we really want to do a few things against pollution, it's enough to not eat as much meat for example. Still a very short time ago for many people the meat was a luxury that we could afford twice a week. Perhaps you do not agree with this point of view but what does not prevent its validity ...
0 x
there is no absolute truth in the realm of phenomena

gilgamesh
gilgamesh
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by gilgamesh » 11/09/07, 20:59

Hi,

Good bath : Cry: ... to make my beautiful post yesterday visible again, I will bore you a little more with Chapter 2:

2nd reason for the energy crisis is: Real estate speculation. It is true that we are constantly in the wrong place because it would cost too much to live or work. I live in a big city and most of the young people have to find housing far enough to be accessible to them. Unfortunately they spend after the difference in painful and expensive dislocation and we wonder if we do it on purpose or if it's just human stupidity. It is sure that there are many who take advantage in silence of this situation and there is no politician who seriously wants to change these things because it would mean killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.
0 x

gilgamesh
Flytox

by Flytox » 11/09/07, 21:40

Hello Gilgamesh

Same problem on the Landes coast. The price of land / house has soared in recent years that we can no longer afford our little home less than 40 km inland .....: Evil:

Travel 80 km / day to go to work .... we walk on our heads.

We find ourselves excluded by the money of these * @ ç # µù% [ç (censored) of invaders from second home owners and everyone does not care. (except those who work on the coast) :x

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/09/07, 21:53

In France, 23km is the distance average work-sleep ... or 47km / day ...

In Belgium it should be even higher.

As you say this big anything is largely due to the surge in real estate (not only on the coast if it can reassure you) ...
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 12/09/07, 08:49

Said Flytox,

owners of secondary houses.
It would not be the English of the City of London ??

If that's it, we understand faster.
0 x
gilgamesh
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by gilgamesh » 12/09/07, 17:57

For me it changes nothing: I live in town but I need a place for my activity. The city is too expensive. In my neighborhood there are around twenty stores and the like which have been empty for more than 15 years, but nobody gives them for less than that what they consider the market price. But the market price has no economic viability unless the goal is to make bankrott as quickly as possible. Result: it remains empty. and I continue to travel to the perfume ...

I assume that the supreme econologist is a cannibal thatcher and he eats preferably real estate agents and politicians while he lives in a sumptuous villa in the best area he has occupied also : Cheesy:
0 x

gilgamesh
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 12/09/07, 18:25

gilgamesh wrote:
I assume that the supreme econologist is a cannibal thatcher and he eats preferably real estate agents and politicians while he lives in a sumptuous villa in the best area he has occupied also : Cheesy:

are too hard (must be used for the methanizer and the fertilizer), for the rest you are right : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Flytox

by Flytox » 12/09/07, 21:18

Hello Freddau

freddau wrote:Said Flytox,
owners of secondary houses.
It would not be the English of the City of London ??
If that's it, we understand faster.

Do not know the proportion of English in the region, but it seems that they like the Gers where the slightest hovel becomes unaffordable ...

To their defending body, they have good taste and know how to choose pretty corners .... and buy only what is superb.

For Gilgamesh .... excellent! : Mrgreen:

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
biomethane
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: More on the energy crisis: meat and agriculture

by biomethane » 13/09/07, 14:50

gilgamesh wrote:Hello,

If we really want to do a few things against pollution, it's enough to not eat as much meat for example. Still a very short time ago for many people the meat was a luxury that we could afford twice a week. Perhaps you do not agree with this point of view but what does not prevent its validity ...

Yes, but what to replace it with?
Soy steaks aren't that right yet and soy is imported from Brazil?
When to eat 1 kg of packets with each meal ....

Note: bankruptts are legumes and therefore contain proteins.
"Organic" communities in the 70,80's and XNUMX's made it their main course? oddly they have disappeared.
0 x
gilgamesh
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by gilgamesh » 17/09/07, 10:55

3rd chapter:

the other reasons for the energy crisis are:

the fabric of eternal economic growth as a basic necessity for the proper functioning of the economy

exaggerated materialism

the glorification of personal success at any cost

Lack of love for us little and big brothers and sisters in the universe

The fabulous thing that man is the crown of creation and that he has the right to do anything ...
0 x

gilgamesh