A little sugar bio battery

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
goodeco
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

A little sugar bio battery

by goodeco » 24/08/07, 15:26

: Mrgreen: that's good news : Mrgreen:

Sony has developed a small bio battery

TOKYO (Reuters) - Sony has developed a prototype non-polluting battery that works with sugar and can produce enough electricity to power a music player or speakers.

The coating of this "organic" battery is made of vegetable plastic. The battery is 3,9 cm square and its electricity is generated by the breakdown of a sugar solution by enzymes. During the tests, the power thus obtained was 50 milliwatts.

"Sugar is a natural source of energy produced by plants through photosynthesis," Sony said in a statement Friday. "As a result, it regenerates itself and is found almost everywhere in the world, underlining the potential of these sugar-based batteries to become the ecological device of the future," he adds.

The group plans to market these batteries but did not specify when.

source: yahoo news
http://fr.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20070824/ ... bdd_1.html
0 x
In eternal learning
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/08/07, 15:32

Interesting but the process used is not new ... seems to me that we had already talked about forums.

By cons in this kind of release it still lacks the essential in this case: how much sugar (mass) is needed to make 1 Joule energy ...

In the meantime ...
0 x