V for vendetta: a movie to watch!

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

V for vendetta: a movie to watch!

by Christophe » 16/04/07, 11:20

I was pleasantly surprised by the release of this movie released last year. Apparently it is from a comic but it has been adapted to geopolitical news.

To make it short it's mix between Batman and 1984 ( : Cheesy: ), with a "hint" of government conspiracy theory and psychology (I say no more for those who would like to see it) ...

A sentence from the movie:

"A people should not fear its government, but a government should fear its people"

Summary of allociné:

London, at the XNIXXth century ...

Evey Hammond does not want to forget anything about the man who saved his life and allowed him to dominate his fears the farthest. But there was a time when she aspired only to anonymity to escape an omnipotent secret police. Like all her fellow citizens, she was too quickly submissive, she accepted that her country had lost her soul and had given herself en masse to the tyrant Sutler and his followers.

A trailer

To see, really ...
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 16/04/07, 12:25

I would say that it is the criticism of a Hitlerite society turned towards religion.

It's a good sci-fi movie that shows the abuse of extremism. It can even be extrapolated to other extremisms ... as do other films!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/04/07, 12:34

Uh indeed, this is the film seen in the first degree ... and you can easily extrapolate "Hitler society" to "dictatorship" ...

On the other hand I think the directors wanted to show something more: the fact that the crises and the fears of the citizens are the gateway to dictatorships and abuses of governments... (follow my look : roll: ) ... but also that will and perseverance allow certain individuals to overcome this "fear" and therefore their conditioning and that a click coming from a reduced number of citizens could change the establishment ... (follow my gaze bis : roll: : roll: ) ... but, as you say, it's Science Fiction : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x