European Council: what the EU is up to

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...

Is the European Union for you

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

European Council: what the EU is up to

by bham » 20/03/07, 09:01

Received by email:

by Raoul Marc JENNAR, alter-globalization researcher

The European Council, that is to say the meeting of Heads of State and Government of the 27 States of the Union, has just held its spring meeting, on March 8 and 9. The press has mainly mentioned the debates on global warming and the zealots of Europe as it stands have not failed to headline on this subject "an ambitious action plan has been adopted in Brussels". Very good. But they completely ignored other subjects discussed.

Among these, the expressed wish to see "transatlantic economic relations, reinforced by a new transatlantic economic partnership". We know that this ultimately means alignment with American law. We know the strong opposition which has already been expressed several times in different European countries to such a project. European Commission, Heads of State and Government hardly care. Since it is the requirement of the employers ...

Among the other subjects discussed, there is an implicit questioning of labor law as it is in force in several member states. In fact, in its conclusions, the European Council declares that it “looks forward to the discussion on the Commission communication on flexicurity, which should contribute to the development of a series of flexicurity formulas with a view to finding the panoply of measures best suited to the needs of the labor market ”. The Heads of State and Government thus endorse a usurpation of power on the part of the European Commission: labor law has remained a national matter. It is not the competence of the European Union. The European Commission has taken up the subject not with a view to harmonizing labor law from above, which would be positive, but with the intention of dismantling it. Because, giving the green light to proposals for the implementation of "flexicurity" is to accept the principle of calling into question work as it exists in several countries of the Union. In its recent "Green Paper" on this issue, the Commission admits that it wants to "combine new, more flexible forms of work with a minimum of social rights"!

Finally, the European Council repeated a formula dear to neo-liberals: “The strengthening of the four freedoms of the internal market will consolidate the international competitiveness of the European Union. These four freedoms - freedom of movement and of establishment of goods, capital, services and people - constitute the dominant ideology of European construction. They justify the liberalizations, the privatizations and the competition of Europeans between them. In this connection, the Council asked the Commission "to make full use of the possibilities offered by the European services sector; the recently adopted services directive is an essential instrument in this respect. A high priority should systematically be given to the full, coherent and timely transposition of the provisions of this Directive '.

Likewise, in application of the Lisbon strategy and the Barcelona decisions, the European Council underlines "that a fully functioning and interconnected internal gas and electricity market, further integration of European financial markets, in particular through removing obstacles to the creation of a single payments area, as well as the further liberalization of the postal markets, while ensuring the financing of an efficient universal service, will greatly contribute to achieving this objective. "

We realize that our governments persist in applying an ideology which does not serve consumers, but which aims to subject them to private interests and to weaken public power. The project of society fought during the debate on the European constitutional treaty remains on the agenda. With all the risks of growing disinterest and growing hostility to the very idea of ​​a united Europe.

When making a decision to choose a president, this kind of information highlights the need not to be wrong!
0 x
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Exceed » 20/03/07, 09:38

Hello,

But of course ... but how to make so that all these people who vote for the big political parties, finally open their eyes !!! While they are conditioned by the media with a lot of "false" information or "true" disinformation, with great blows of false fears aiming at citizen dissolidation .... divide and reign better !!!
Wow ! Warning !!! If you do not vote in the first round for such and such a large party ... And the journalists questioning the "small" candidates by asking them for which "large" party, will you give your votes in the second round ??? But Shit! If they show up, it's not for the good weather in the PAF !!! Because for journalists, it is already impossible to see change in this France ... there is so much to say ...
Who do not dream of not seeing in the second round, neither the ump, nor the ps, nor the udf .... because if this is not the case ... no change, in a good way, there will be !

Sorry .... exceed exceeded! : Mrgreen:

A + Serge.

PS: Too bad ... for your survey, I think the answer is too simple because we have been in case N ° 4 for a long time ....
0 x
Respect !!!
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 20/03/07, 10:32

Exceed wrote:PS: Too bad ... for your survey, I think the answer is too simple because we have been in case N ° 4 for a long time ....

What would you have proposed?
0 x
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Exceed » 20/03/07, 11:26

bham wrote:

Then.... :?: :?: :?:
I don't see the point of the survey except to see the number of people who are not aware of the "problem" that you raise ...

I am so "revolted" and "disgusted" at the same time that I can not manage my emotions too much when approaching this style of subject ....

It's good anyway ... Dsl bham!

A + Serge.
0 x
Respect !!!
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 05/06/08, 23:57

(Well there was no specific subject, then there or elsewhere ...)
---
Definitely, maybe a upheaval that will perhaps give the migraine to the future representative of Europe ...

No to Lisbon Treaty in the lead in Ireland, poll finds
DuBLIN (Reuters) - One week before the Irish referendum on the Treaty reforming the European institutions, the "no" camp is for the first time given the top vote in a poll published by the Irish Times on Friday.
The "nonists" are credited with 35% of the voting intentions against 30% for the supporters of the "yes", according to this study carried out by the TNS / mrbi institute. The undecided represent 28% of those questioned.
In three weeks, the no camp has more than doubled. Supporters of the treaty backed down five points.
To enter into force, the Lisbon Treaty, which endows Europe with a president and strengthens the prerogatives of the High Representative for the common foreign and security policy, must be ratified by all of the 27 EU member states .
To date, fourteen countries have ratified it.
Only Ireland opted for ratification by referendum. The consultation has been set for June 12. All the other countries in the community bloc have chosen the parliamentary route.

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/depeches ... lon_u.html
And then if the yes wins, despite everything, we will see what the English parliament will finally decide, once before its responsibilities.
: Cheesy:
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 06/06/08, 08:41

bham wrote:
Exceed wrote:PS: Too bad ... for your survey, I think the answer is too simple because we have been in case N ° 4 for a long time ....

Proposing is one thing, being heard is another! : Evil:

When we see in France how our President considered the democratic result of the referendum! : Evil:

The functioning of Europe is autocratic and totalitarian! : Evil:
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 06/06/08, 10:45

citro wrote:The functioning of Europe is autocratic and totalitarian! : Evil:

But that of France itoo! : Mrgreen:
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 06/06/08, 11:48

Exceed wrote:Who do not dream of not seeing in the second round, neither the ump, nor the ps, nor the udf .... because if this is not the case ... no change, in a good way, there will be !

We can dream of a second round without ps / ump / udf, but I absolutely do not dream of a Besancenot / Le Pen ...
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 13/06/08, 15:06

It doesn't do much, but I feel great relief ...
: Cheesy:

TREATY OF LISBON
"It seems that this is an Irish no" to the European treaty, according to a minister.

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/actualit ... urope.html

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/depeches ... _just.html

Pan on the beak! To the despot who would revolutionize Europe in the next 6 months.

For those who think that it is not democratic that 800 Irish nonists can prevail over the 000 countries, I would simply say for the grumpy, to now hold a referendum on all European inhabitants, and perhaps on a text clearer, (less shady), and which goes in the direction of the feeling of the majority, if we want an acceptance.
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 13/06/08, 15:44

gegyx wrote: Now hold a referendum on all European inhabitants, and perhaps on a clearer text (less shady), which goes in the direction of the feeling of the majority, if we want acceptance.

+1
0 x