José Bové formalizes his candidacy for the presidential elections.

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...

For you, is this good news?

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

José Bové formalizes his candidacy for the presidential elections.

by Targol » 01/02/07, 13:29

SAINT-DENIS (Seine-Saint-Denis) (Reuters) - José Bové announces his candidacy for the presidential election to "restore hope for an alternative to the left" and to be "the voice of the voiceless".

"I decided to accept that my name embodies on the ballot the common desire to beat the right to restore hope for an alternative to the left," said the anti-globalization leader.

"It is time to declare the electoral insurrection against economic liberalism," he added to his supporters gathered at the Saint-Denis labor exchange, in the Paris suburbs.

José Bové explained that he was not the candidate of a party and that his candidacy was "a collective candidacy".

"We want to be the voice of the voiceless, of these millions of citizens who suffer from social insecurity and discrimination," he said.

With the support of more than 32.000 petitioners, the anti-globalization leader hopes to bring together under his banner the disappointed left in government and voters tempted by abstention.

He symbolically chose to announce his candidacy for Saint-Denis (Seine-Saint-Denis) to show that his program, which takes up the proposals of "anti-liberal collectives", goes beyond ecology and intends to respond to the social emergency.

José Bové launched an appeal to French people tempted to abstain or vote on the far right.

"We want to tell them that abstention or the Le Pen vote leads straight to the election of Nicolas Sarkozy. Mr. Sarkozy is a dangerous man for our country," he said.

At the same time, José Bové believes that Ségolène Royal "embodies a left which has given up", in particular in the face of social liberalism "which led the whole left to electoral disaster in 2002".

The candidate will hold his first meeting on February 7 in Aubagne, in the Bouches-du-Rhône, the day of the decision of the Court of Cassation on his sentence to four months in prison for mowing GMO fields.

With the support of more than 32.000 petitioners, the anti-globalization leader hopes to bring together under his banner the disappointed left in government and voters tempted by abstention.

BALANCE SHEET ON MARCH 11

He symbolically chose to announce his candidacy for Saint-Denis (Seine-Saint-Denis) to show that his program, which takes up the proposals of "anti-liberal collectives", goes beyond ecology and intends to respond to the social emergency.

The trade unionist will lead his campaign with non-violent actions to establish his candidacy before March 11, the date of a meeting in the form of a balance sheet that the "anti-liberal collectives" have imposed on themselves, they say in his entourage.

His candidacy risks complicating the situation for the "left of the left" where he risks being in competition in particular with the communist Marie-George Buffet, the Trotskyists Olivier Besancenot and Arlette Laguiller, as well as with Dominique Voynet (Greens).

After the withdrawal of the ecologist Nicolas Hulot, José Bové remains however the only personality of the civil society likely to seduce the electorate of the PS who does not recognize himself as Ségolène Royal.

Marie-George Buffet regretted in advance "one more candidacy in the crumbling of the left". A judgment shared by Alain Krivine, leader of the Revolutionary Communist League (LCR).

The former peasant leader, who is under the threat of a new incarceration, intends to rely on his image of "resistant to the system" and to lead a social, ecological and anti-globalization campaign, in particular.

In addition to the establishment of a Sixth Republic promoting a "citizen democracy", a large place will be given to ecology by advocating a new development model with a moratorium on nuclear power and GMOs.

"The planet will not survive the current development model. We must go further than individual actions, further than Nicolas Hulot's ecological pact," he explains Thursday in Le Parisien.

José Bové is committed to leading a collective campaign and his campaign committee must include several leaders of the anti-liberal as well as signatories of the petition "United with Bové" which allowed him to return to the race for the Elysee.

According to his relatives, the trade unionist can count on a starting base of 200 sponsorships of elected officials out of the 500 will enable him to make his candidacy a reality.

source: Yahoo news

It may be hot for him to campaign from his prison if he is convicted !!!
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
goodeco
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by goodeco » 01/02/07, 13:58

quote: It may be hot for him to campaign from his prison if he is sentenced !!!

but no, but if he goes there it may be like monopoly
it will not touch money but may be additional votes : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
In eternal learning
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 01/02/07, 15:08

You forgot the box that I wanted to check:

"No opinion and / or undecided"

voilou
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 01/02/07, 15:28

Rulian wrote:You forgot the box that I wanted to check:

"No opinion and / or undecided"

voilou

well I had thought about it but I said to myself: "those who have no opinion, they do not answer" Image

In any case, in France, the blank vote is not counted Image
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 01/02/07, 15:53

precisely, he proposes to count them!

you haven't read the text?

which agency is it from? reuters? afp? : roll:

I'll scan my local newspaper to find out when it's happening in my area!

damn it's nice !!! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Exceed » 01/02/07, 16:02

credible or not .... competent or not .... he will not be alone !!!
I do not see many candidates who fought in the fields and risked going for a walk in the zonzon box to defend the voiceless !!!
Just for that, I say Yes !!!

A + Serge.
0 x
Respect !!!
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 01/02/07, 17:00

"The planet will not survive the current development model. We must go further than individual actions, further than Nicolas Hulot's ecological pact," he explains Thursday in Le Parisien.

This one sentence unfortunately proves him right in the medium and long term.

It is obvious that to send less CO2 into the atmosphere, we must stop this policy of unrestrained global and regional trade and transport.

With local productions, work close to home, everything would be different in terms of CO2 emissions but the GDP would risk collapsing => see very interesting program on the subject ARTE: the underside of the cards: I opened a "25-year forecast" subject; I download the video but as it is paying rental (0,99 euros), I think it is forbidden to broadcast it !!

Who to vote for? very difficult, I would vote Bové well but there is perhaps a risk of starting again on April 21, 2002 !!! ??

I do not see many candidates who fought in the fields and risked going for a walk in the zonzon box to defend the voiceless !!!
Just for that, I say Yes !!!

There I agree with you: he is competent in all areas, he goes to coal, in prison if necessary ... it is clear that he has a build, he does not only chat !! !
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 01/02/07, 18:13

jean63 wrote: he is competent in all areas, he goes to coal, in prison if necessary ... it is clear that he has a build, he does not only chat !!!

He's chatting, saying things that are coordinated and always meaningful.

And delicate with that!
Today (February 2007, XNUMX (ban on smoking in public places), he made his statement, without his boufarde in hand ...
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 01/02/07, 21:24

Hello,
when I was a unionized worker and the time came to vote for a union president, my vote was always for the one the boss didn't want to see.
It is the same in politics, the power established, the press the media, are all together to distort your choice and direct you towards their choice of the one who pulls the strings. You will have the proof in a short time, they will do everything to harm his electoral companion even put him in prison, after it is the media mess, he takes old stories out of the closet.
it is funny how justice can be fast, in some cases and long in other cases .. it is true, it is part of the big media machine, and of those who pull the strings, who do not elect, but nominated by whom?

I hope he will bring together the mass of workers.
especially young people who will not make an effort to vote
because the vote among the oldest is not acquired, this layer of voters is more inclined to stability and has a right inclination, they fear for their having, while the young one has nothing to lose, everything that he has is on the credit card ..
But the young is the future, fortunately there are still some old people who have participated in all the struggles to defend the social benefits of the masses and who see the future of their children.
less good than what they experienced ..

Andre
0 x