FR3: France Europe Express: guests D.Voynet + écolos

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

FR3: France Europe Express: guests D.Voynet + écolos

by jean63 » 28/01/07, 23:21

Quickly, it's immediately on FR3:

Guest: D.Voynet (Greens) + Bruno Rebel (PsS / ex Greenpeace) + ... etc ....

Great discussion on ecology in politics / presidential. We'll see if it's blah or if there are specific things.

There since 5 minutes, it is badly barred. Criticism of S.Royal by D.Voynet ...... and here is blablablabla ... there is tired of these draws.

D.Voynet: see if 1 / 3 reduce nuclear power generation in France (but it does not say what to replace !!) ..... as usual ...
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Fred Bj
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

VOYNET and Co again ....

by Fred Bj » 29/01/07, 01:05

I have just listened to the program and I am more than saddened by the response made by the representative of the Ecolo group in the European Parliament to whom the Great Christine asked if there was any question of biofuels and their development in the EU. Response from the person concerned: "we are not dealing with biofuels because our action is focused on reducing consumption ..." We think we are dreaming!
They will have to come and explain to me how I am going to go see my winegrower clients & how we will deliver them without consuming diesel (trucks with E85 I want to see that ...) and yet I am concerned to find solutions now to reduce my personal CO² contribution ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 29/01/07, 01:12

It is distressing: they are void and incompetent. They are afraid that the conso of plants will be made to produce biofuels rather than feed the population.

There are, however, hundreds or even thousands of hectares of fallow land in Europe, along with the pAC or some rule of thumb, which fallows could be used to grow rapeseed or sunflowers for HVB.

It will take a revolution of the citizens to save the planet, because with their rotten directives, one is badly barred.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: VOYNET and Co again ....

by Woodcutter » 29/01/07, 01:49

Fred-Bj wrote:[...] Response of the person concerned: "we do not deal with biofuels because our action is focused on reducing consumption ..." We believe we are dreaming! [...]
She is right on the bottom!

JANCOVICI explains it very well in his book, believing that biofuels can replace oil equivalent consumption is a utopia, even a heresy.

It does not prevent that we must not do anything on the side of biofuels.

Simply, it is much more urgent today to send a message of the type: "Consume less!"
rather than telling people "Don't worry, always consume as much, but with biofuels it's green ..." :frown:
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: VOYNET and Co again ....

by Exceed » 29/01/07, 09:04

Fred-Bj wrote: biofuels and their development in the EU ... Response from the person concerned: "we are not dealing with biofuels because our action is focused on reducing consumption ..." We think we are dreaming!

Yeah !!!

Me, I call it ... kick in touch !!!! With a bit of stupidity, when we say “green” ... and we are given the floor .... it's still not things to say because it will automatically be misinterpreted .... with reason !!! He or she should have said .... we take care of it but no one in the government wants to follow !!!
0 x
Respect !!!
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 29/01/07, 09:09

She is right on the bottom!

JANCOVICI explains it very well in his book, believing that biofuels can replace oil with equivalent consumption is a utopia, even a heresy.

It does not prevent that we must not do anything on the side of biofuels.

Of course we must not dream of 100% bio fuel in all tanks, but why hide the HVB solution completely in France, while it can be produced locally without shipping costs (see Southwest, HVP78 in Yvelines ...) and that in Germany, there are 150 HVB pumps. Border workers (Alsatians) will fill up their diesel cars in Germany.

I would like to talk about it with Jancovici and N. Hulot (he I think he does not know the difference between ethanol -> gasoline and HVB -> diesel) they only know E85, because Mossieur Breton took an E85 car ride ...

By the way, yesterday there was a "small" candidate for the presidency (from the suburbs) I forgot the name (already passed to Ruquier in "We have tried everything"), who said that he would soon be driving with a pantone in his engine (No one asked him what it is !!!!)..

So I'm going to ask a series of questions to Janco on his website, but I think he should be at the IPCC meeting in Paris this week (if he's not there, they're losing a good, very competent element on the topic).

exceed => I agree with you. This is the easy way: we do not discuss the subject in detail. Whenever there was Jancovici (2 times) in prime time shows, he hardly got the floor. They do not like people who go into detail.
Last edited by jean63 the 29 / 01 / 07, 10: 37, 1 edited once.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 29/01/07, 10:03

Anyway, there is no quick fix, but small streams make big rivers:

- insulation of buildings
- improved thermal management
- optimization of industrial cycles
- rationalization of activities and displacements
- development of public transport
- modernization of fleets
- technical advice to citizens
etc .....
- HVB
- bioethanol
- solar heating
- wind electricity, hydroelectric

all of this can quickly lead to a drop in demand for oil energy of the order of 30% and create local employment.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 29/01/07, 10:10

I totally agree with Bucheron!
This is a problem that should not be taken lightly ... At least, not like asbestos! By doing, and saying afterwards: "Houlaaa !! but it is expensive per kilo of beet ... Houla! But sugar is expensive !! And barley ... ... ..."
This is a real economic challenge, knowing that in addition, everyone can not afford to eat every day ...

I think that to solve this type of problem, this type of fuel must be used mainly and why not only by the public and communal services! It is they who make the most journeys ... On this side, there is so much to do in France. I had seen a report on a city in northern Germany (if I remember correctly!) Where, all the municipal and state vehicles (transport bus, dumpsters, factors and I think even firefighters, and maybe others too), all rolled 100% recycled. They made compost for the city, made gas from the destruction of waste, made biofuels ...

Beautiful way of life that we are very far from! Let's start already at the beginning before seeing things at the scale of the particular, which is always the most profitable ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 29/01/07, 10:34

This is a problem that should not be taken lightly ... At least, not like asbestos! By doing, and saying afterwards: "Houlaaa !! but it is expensive per kilo of beet ... Houla! But sugar is expensive !! And barley ... ... ..."
This is a real economic challenge, knowing that in addition, everyone can not afford to eat every day ...

Okay with you, but the reality is quite different. A large part of the population struggles to make ends meet (rent, food (and not organic in addition !!), transport budget, school fees for children ... etc; How do you explain to these people that the price of insulation, solar collectors, etc ..... this is not a problem, what matters is "saving the planet": speech impossible. So watch the speakers on the TV sets (broadcast "for you to judge" on FR2 last Thursday at 20pm).

There was among others a young trainee + 5 communication + international law, without work since 2 years ..... so a little job at Mac Do 1000 euros per month, etc ... there have been some other testimonials the same style.

Of course for retired officials or executives ditto with good income comfortable, they can make a financial effort to put solar collectors..etc even if the return on investment is long !! .. but I'm not sure that they are the 1ers to do it : Evil:
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 29/01/07, 11:35

We fall back on the quadrature of the circle: everyone agrees that the planet is warming up, but nobody agrees to make the necessary efforts to correct the problem:
  • to accept a windmill next to me, oh no, it's not nice and it makes noise
  • agree to pay a little more expensive equipment less polluting: oh well no, I already have trouble making ends meet

Of course, for all that is financial, the French are not equal to the investments. But, it's also a question of mentalities: a guy who trains financially wins the lottery, what do you think he does first?
Isolate his house?
Put solar collectors?
Change your vehicle against a hybrid?

NOT, his first reflexes will be:
Buy a big car that pollutes well.
To leave (by plane polluting) to the other end of the earth to bask the pill.

In short, contrary to what some seem to think, the ecological message is very difficult to pass on to populations and this for 2 main reasons related to the dominant model that advocates:
  • the short term when saving the planet claims to look at one or 2 generations.
  • The mad individualism when saving the planet demands altruism and solidarity
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding