Renault and telework ...

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Renault and telework ...

by Woodcutter » 26/01/07, 02:57

Article Motor-Nature on Renault's initiative to telecommute employees.

Interesting and rare enough to be underlined.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 26/01/07, 10:43

I dream about it.
Replace 80Km A / R by a few W / h of electricity, that's when he wants my boss.
Especially at this moment, following the snow of yesterday, the roads are very slippery.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 26/01/07, 15:53

gain in quality of life, can be
decrease in greenhouse gas, not so sure:

yes, of course you save, say 4 10 liters of GO 1,20 euros and you free the roads, but you consume how much liter of fuel (0,55 euros) more at home to heat your office?
and Renault will still have to heat its offices!

That said, get up later and avoid traffic jams, I take!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 26/01/07, 16:11

elephant wrote:gain in quality of life, can be
decrease in greenhouse gas, not so sure:

yes, of course you save, say 4 to 10 liters of GO to 1,20 euros and you free the roads,

As for the conso, I do roughly 1000Km with a full 55l is a conso 5,5l / 100.
For a round trip home / work 80km it saves me (if we count the GO to 1 € for simplicity): 5.5 x 0.8 = 4.4 € / day worked without counting maintenance, insurance and obsolescence of the car.

elephant wrote:but you consume how much liter of fuel (0,55 euros) more at home to heat your office?

Ben my wife being at home all the time, the heating is not cut during the day so no extra cost on that side. In addition, I warm myself with gas (a lot) and wood (a little: large fireplace open in the kitchen).

elephant wrote:and Renault will still have to heat its offices!

Ben if the boss is not too stupid and teleworking becomes the rule, it can reduce its office space so less surface to heat.

elephant wrote:That said, get up later and avoid traffic jams, I take!

The traffic jams do not concern me (only country roads) but on the other hand, get up later, I'm for Image
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 27/01/07, 01:02

elephant wrote:[...] decrease in greenhouse gas, not so sure:

yes, of course you save, say 4 10 liters of GO 1,20 euros and you free the roads, but you consume how much liter of fuel (0,55 euros) more at home to heat your office?
and Renault will still have to heat its offices! [...]
: Shock:

There you saw me!

You really think that the act of do not travel (by car obviously) does not bring gain in emission of greenhouse gases?

Do you think that maintaining a heated room consumes more than a long journey? It deserves a fine calculation, that!
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."