Presidential: José Bové acclaimed

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Presidential: José Bové acclaimed

by bham » 20/01/07, 09:01

Already posted there: https://www.econologie.com/forums/pour-la-pr ... vt890.html but a special subject seems to me more appropriate.
Faced with the failure of the anti-liberal left which failed to come together, Ms. Buffet presenting herself as the sole candidate, groups of citizens launched a call for the candidacy of José Bové in the following form:

The national appeal http://www.unisavecbove.org has just reached, in less than a week, 10 signatures, a symbolic threshold desired by José Bové.
YES, JOSÉ BOVÉ MUST BE A CANDIDATE!
In one week, more than 10 people signed the call "José Bové can and must be the candidate of the alternative on the left". This success, which has exceeded our most optimistic expectations, shows that the living forces of the anti-liberal, alternative, ecological and united left are massively yearning for unity that its leaders have failed to achieve. It shows that the candidacy of José Bové has the capacity to collect and mobilize these vital forces to a large extent.

But these 10 signatures are only the beginning of a movement which cannot set limits and which it is now necessary to amplify everywhere in the country.

We call on our fellow citizens who want a real alternative to liberalism to continue to sign thousands on the site www.unisavecbove.org. We call on them to have the appeal signed in public places, on the streets, in markets, in the workplace.

We call on the anti-liberal unitary collectives to take this call into account and to relaunch their action in the perspective that it is opening up.

We call on all the forces of the anti-liberal left to meet without waiting to reconstitute around José Bové the unitary front which had enabled the victory of the "No" on May 29, 2005.

For the call coordinators, the spokespersons: Rémy Jean and Yannis Youlountas

Details of some errors found in the media:

- Our approach is collective, mixed, spontaneous and comes from the base of unitary collectives, in particular from people who are not inserted for the majority (those who are sometimes called free electrons).

- This is not an appeal by members of a single party or a single city.

- José Bové is not at the origin of this call of which he was informed afterwards.

- This is a new phenomenon very significant of a popular will to refuse the confiscation of the political thing and more particularly the current dead end.

- Among the signatories: Michel Onfray (philosopher), Ridan, Magyd Cherfi and Jean Ferrat (singers), Gustave Parking (humorist), Etienne Chouard (cybernetic resistant), Patrick Silberstein (editor), Siné (designer), Raoul-Marc Jennar (researcher, anti-globalization activist), Gilles Clément (landscaper), Christine Delphy (researcher and feminist activist), Jo Le Guen (navigator), and it's not over!

and Bové's response:

Montredon, January 15, 2007.
Dear friends, dear comrades,
The petition "José Bové can and must be the candidate for the left alternative" is already a huge success: 14 signatures in nine days!

I would like to thank all the signatories for the trust they have placed in me and, above all, for the civic gesture they are making to force the political apparatus to choose a unitary candidacy for the presidential election.

I have always said that I was available to embody, on the ballot, a collective and unitary campaign of the anti-liberal, ecological, alternative and united left, if two conditions were met: a popular dynamic to legitimize this candidacy; a rallying process with all the forces of the left “no” to the European Constitution.

The popular dynamic is on the move, the unitary approach remains a struggle. I have no intention of running away from my responsibilities. This is why I would like to launch today a call to hope.

I call on all citizens who recognize themselves in unitary mobilization to end the logic of unemployment, precariousness and social inequality to sign the petition massively. Our target must now be tens of thousands of signatures before the end of January.

I call on all young people and residents of working-class neighborhoods, all victims of discrimination to take an active part in the electoral debate. I intend to help them make their concerns central to the campaign.

I call on all green citizens to consider that the fight to save the planet is inseparable from a fight against the liberal and productivist economy. We cannot trust either the traditional left or the right to implement a real ecological pact.

I call on all activists of the unitary collectives of the anti-liberal left to put the richness of their experience and their diversity at the service of unitary mobilization. The national meeting of January 20 and 21 should be an opportunity to continue the fight for a rallying application, on the basis of the petition, with all the sensitivities and personalities who have participated in this process since spring 2006.

I call on all anti-liberal elected officials to show their solidarity by publicly offering their sponsorship for a unitary candidacy of the anti-liberal left. I am thinking in particular of the communist elected representatives, the green elected representatives and the “various left” elected representatives who feel deprived of this perspective.

I call on Olivier Besancenot and Marie-George Buffet to build together a unitary campaign on the following bases: anti-liberal program of 125 proposals, joint meetings reflecting all the sensitivities of the gathering, equitable sharing of official speaking time. I offer them a meeting as soon as possible to examine all the practical provisions of such a campaign.

I call on all unitary collectives to prepare to campaign for the presidential election, but also for the legislative elections. Our objective must be to present unitary candidates from the anti-liberal left in all the constituencies.

Dear friends, dear comrades,
In view of the continued popular and unitary mobilization around the candidacy of the alternative on the left, I will say, at the end of January, if I remain available to embody it on the ballot. A formidable movement is on the way to ruin the logic of division which has prevailed until then. Let’s amplify it again and we’ll win!
Fraternally, José

Sorry it's a bit long but for those who want to support Bové or to kick in the political "establishment", go to the site www.unisavecbove.org we are at 21 signatures.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/01/07, 11:49

Uh Bové wants to facilitate access to the second round of Sarko or LePen?

2002 and the division of the left does that remind you of anything?
:|
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 20/01/07, 12:28

Christophe wrote:Uh Bové wants to facilitate access to the second round of Sarko or LePen?

2002 and the division of the left does that remind you of anything?
:|

It is a risk indeed but should it force us to limit our possible choices to two candidates, endless representatives of a French political class without originality? Between the PS and the UMP, white cap and white cap?
Anyway, the signing of such a plebiscite can only give a good kick in the ass of the PS since it will have to do with the voices of leftists of all stripes. So, make a moratorium on GMOs, calm the ardor of the agri-food and phytosanitary lobbies, ..... etc, etc
Unless the voices of right-wing voters who prefer to vote Royal rather than Sarko are enough to make the alternation pass, as during the election of Mitterrand ..... to follow.
Nicolas Hulot has made presidential candidates into pro-green potential, who suddenly felt sensitized. Let's not forget that the ballot has considerable strength before. After the vote, it's another thing, but politicians know the trend and should logically live with it.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 20/01/07, 18:07

Let's wait until Monday to see if Hulot shows up too!
And there, Sarko comes out on top in the first round ...
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 20/01/07, 18:25

Hello

well the problem:

Right: sego, bayroux, the cuckold dwarf, lepen and mr le comte de villier.

Left: Arlette and besensnot.

Y will have to furnish between the 2 : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.