FRANCE5: "It's in the air" on global warming

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

FRANCE5: "It's in the air" on global warming

by jean63 » 18/01/07, 21:40

Tonight there was a very good program on the climate and the economy with Jean JOUZEL (Climatologist, glacioloque), the weather presenter ... very well known, and 2 economists including one very well known (the names escape me) ).

"It's in the air" by Yves Calvi at 18 pm.

I don't know if we can see it again on the channel's website.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
lio74
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: FRANCE5: "It's in the air"

by lio74 » 19/01/07, 01:24

jean63 wrote:Tonight there was a very good show
"It's in the air" by Yves Calvi at 18 pm.

I don't know if we can see it again on the channel's website.

yes I saw with an eye on the computer and an eye on the TV ....
it was about the mild winter and the price of oil .....
In any case, what I have learned is that the planet is going to blow us up and faster than expected : Arrow: accentuation of severe weather phenomena !!!

otherwise I think yes it is re visible on the site ... otherwise there is an econologist who will rebalance it on the forum for those who missed it!

@+
0 x
"To do something is expensive, to do nothing will cost much more." Koffie Annan
next species endangered: Man ... and it will be good for him !!!
MAN IS A VERY DANGEROUS POLLUTION NATURAL!
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 19/01/07, 11:03

I saw it too (replay around 22 p.m.) and I found it very interesting (although in my opinion, the climatologist-glaciologist had a little trouble expressing his ideas clearly).

One of the most interesting ideas on the show was, in my opinion, the contribution of the economist who said roughly this:
What all the scientists, climatologists did not manage to obtain, the Stern report (*) did it. Since this report, the majority of multinationals have integrated global warming into their governance indicators and, as such, this parameter is now a stakeholder in decisions.

Although it is heartbreaking to note that the oligarchs are only sensitive to the sermons of the money god, if, indeed, this report can make them understand reason, it will always be taken for the planet.

(*) The Stern report is a report written by an English economist (former chief economist of the World Bank) and which emphasizes that immediate international action to stabilize the greenhouse gas emissions which are causing the changes in the global climate would have economic benefits far greater than the cost of measures taken in this direction. In other words, doing nothing will cost more than putting in place the corrective measures.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 19/01/07, 13:55

Thank you for this info, I have not seen everything, I was disturbed.

In other words, doing nothing will cost more than putting in place the corrective measures.

It is certain, but I even believe that with a lot of money, man will not be able to reconstruct what has been destroyed forever for a memory of man (more or less ice in the Arctic, more ice on the Antarctic continent, animal species disappeared forever - see the dodo on Mauritius and thousands of others everywhere ...)

Although it is heartbreaking to note that the oligarchs are only sensitive to the sermons of the money god, if, indeed, this report can make them understand reason, it will always be taken for the planet.

And yes "the dough god" it is he who controls the world, too bad it is badly used because of the "oil god" and the "gas god" mainly; it ties in with what I wrote on another topic (at least). I discovered while reading the recent quarterly magazine of Greenpeace (Climate Report), a great book entitled "How the rich destroy the planet" by Hervé KEMPF author of "The secret war of GMOs" not read (Tribune entitled "Consume less, distribute better ").
Maybe we can read this article on the Greenpeace website?

At home, I can't watch France5 after 19 p.m. (it switches to ARTE) because I don't have DTT in the region ..... well, I think! It may be available now, I forgot that it is in 2007.

All you need is a rake on the roof + a TNT box? it does not work with a satellite dish?

Good I ask you that but just go to the site where they talk about it .... : Cheesy:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 19/01/07, 15:26

jean63 wrote:All you need is a rake on the roof + a TNT box? it does not work with a satellite dish?

Absholutely : Mrgreen:
Small nuance nevertheless, some "old" antennas do not capture TNT well. Now, it can still be a sham to throw us stuff that still works.

The best thing is to buy the box (+/- 30 €) and see if it works and only change the antenna if it does not work.

A site to verify that you are covered
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 19/01/07, 15:46

OK thank you france4 and 5 non stop TNT, it works since June 2006 (50% coverage) transmitter Puy de dôme.

I know that the 5 (day) is badly received with rake while before it worked, there was a change qque share, screen, orientation of the retransmitter ??

To have it clear, you need a parable.
0 x
kmala
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by kmala » 19/01/07, 19:39

this episode is currently visible on maxtv. I saved it but how to post it (about 120MB)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/01/07, 22:14

I have an ftp to put at your disposal ... contact me by email or private message.
:)

Thank you
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 20/01/07, 01:00

kmala wrote:this episode is currently visible on maxtv. I saved it but how to post it (about 120MB)

kmala =>
Superb restored mill!

I have one in Cantal, but apart from the redone roof, there is work to be done to restore the interior (habitat) and the "water" part (paddle wheels, millstones). I would like to install a turbine, but it is on a small stream near the Plomb du Cantal which is sometimes found almost dry in summer (especially if it does not snow in winter and it does not rain in the year, which has been common since 2006).
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 20/01/07, 01:34

jean63 wrote:[...] see the dodo on Mauritius and thousands of others everywhere ...) [...]
The dodo of Mauritius disappeared before industrial civilization ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."