Hydroelectric dam

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

Hydroelectric dam

by Other » 12/01/07, 02:09

Hello
The start of construction of two large hydroelectric dams in the far north of Quebec will be started, namely Eastmaine and La Sarcelle. a $ 5 billion project
the cost of kw $ 0,05 can. or 0.036 Euro
This necessitates the diversion of an important river.
But here the environmentalists do not agree they speak of pollution generated by these dams? ..mercury in the dam waters because of the drowned land
I ask myself the question, what is good and not good, the nuclear power plants that the neighboring province of An built or the coal and natural gas thermal power plants of Alberta or the USA .. (sometimes I wonder if the pressures are not from the Coal Lobby they have been using autoctones for many years now they are using greens.)
water is available it flows and there is a lot, it is located far from civilization, among the Caribou.
It is to believe that where or can make clean energy we are prevented and where or can make it of the thermic one lets do, I will end up believing that it is more the financial interests which animate the decision makers than clean energy.
My opinion is to use the important hydroelectric energies of the far north before installing large propellers everywhere.
Despite a very favorable wind spread available.
We are developing blue energy to trade it.
200 years ago if the English had known. They thought, we leave the Arpents de Neiges to the Frenchis and we take Niagara Falls with its vines and its fishing, they never thought that all these large frozen lakes would be used for something other than fishing.

Andre
Last edited by Other the 12 / 01 / 07, 15: 11, 1 edited once.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 12/01/07, 10:41

here too in France a lobby has raised the indigenous populations against "industrial" wind turbines ... maybe while waiting for something better?
in any case, you have to see what the leaflet in the mailboxes says!
I retained a quote "stromboscopic effect" .. :frown: :|
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."