What Nicolas Hulot wrong! Personal opinion

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

What Nicolas Hulot wrong! Personal opinion

by Christophe » 08/11/06, 10:09

Following me (r) diatic hype about Hulot and his interview at the FR2 news conference last night, I'd like to say a few words about his policy.

A) I AGREE WITH HIM:

1) The environment goes beyond a left-right divide

2) It is necessary to act quickly and efficiently

3) Revalorization of agriculture, handicrafts

4) Establishment of major awareness campaigns (we did not wait for it ...)

B) I DO NOT AGREE WITH HIM:

1) Talking financial efforts to equip in less energievore materials Shock me deeply. In an econological society the question would not even arise: the equipment would be installed systematically.

2) Defend the subsidies to the equipment of the same materials it is the possibility of guaranteeing overcharging of prices and especially of controlling the market's growth (we grant who and what we WANT WELL subsidize ...) ...

The Chinese EnR material will not be slow to land in Europe (1kW wind turbine 2-3000 € ...) nobody (official) will speak ... We bet?

3) FINALLY AND ESPECIALLY: all his speeches and actions only concern the (bad) polluters of particular. They are the only ones who have to make an effort precisely ... total impunity for industrialists...

The fight must be on 2 fronts: individuals use industrial products mainly ...

Finally he wants to make France an example. Very well.

But he forgot to say that we are years behind our European neighbors (on almost all areas except its advantage some of the CO2 through nuclear): at best we will be able to bring it back to level ... We will probably NEVER an example ...
0 x
Lolox
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Lolox » 08/11/06, 13:39

I largely agree with your analysis, Christophe ...
But, where I put a flat, it is on the point of cleavage between industrialists and individuals.

You must not hide your face.
While it goes without saying that industrialists are responsible for a large part of the pollution of our environment, it should also be pointed out that individuals do not count for negligible quantities either.
The uncontrolled use of chemicals, increasingly aggressive, during domestic maintenance, the inconsiderate use of energy-intensive household appliances, etc ..., also contribute to the process of degradation of natural environments.
Only, in the collective imagination, it is "the factories" which are the main polluters ...
So, why should individuals make the slightest effort ?! (If not to save on energy bills!).

Being invested in an association to raise awareness of environmental preservation, I see very regularly, with the "General Public", that individuals are not aware of their contribution to current pollution. If only by their consumption habits ...

At a similar price, very few will make the move to buy a maintenance product marked with the European eco-label?!

In this sense, I think it is good to dare to say that we (individuals) all have a share of responsibility in the current situation ... At least, it has the merit of not scratching the electorate in the sense of hair !!!

And then, to improve things, who dares to say aloud, to possible voters, that it will be necessary to make efforts, even sacrifices ?! :?:
0 x
"Experience is the name men give to their mistakes" O. Wilde
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/11/06, 13:52

Yes I totally agree with you ...

What I wanted to hear about the industrialists was not so much their pollution as the fact that there was not really any concrete and effective development of solutions ... at least for transport (because the politics builders goes in the opposite direction ...).

In other words: the pollution of individuals is due to the products they use and which have been designed by manufacturers!

When we know that the Citroën eco2000 in 1983 consumed 3L 100 and we see the consos of new cars today ... frankly ...

After the defenders of the manufacturers will say: "We make products that people demand".

Oh yeah ? And nobody wants a car that consumes 2L 100 then? It's fucking mouth that's all ...

Long live Loremo!

ps: did you mention Kyot-home to your association? It allows precisely to evaluate the impact of the energies of the particular http://www.kyot-home.com/
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: What's wrong Nicolas Hulot! Personal opinion

by bham » 08/11/06, 15:55

Christophe wrote:B) I DO NOT AGREE WITH HIM:

1) Talking financial efforts to equip in less energievore materials Shock me deeply. In an econological society the question would not even arise: the equipment would be installed systematically.

Can you develop? I do not understand what you mean. :|

Christophe wrote:[2] Defending equipment subsidies from the same materials is the possibility of endorsing overcharging of prices and especially of controlling the market's growth (we subsidize who and what we WANT WELL subsidize ...) ....

+ 1, we can see it today at the price of high efficiency wood boilers (from 12000 to 25000 € !!!!). By the way, I have a question about calculating the performance of a boiler. I'm going to see if there's something about that, otherwise I'll do one.

Christophe wrote:The Chinese EnR material will not be slow to land in Europe (1kW wind turbine 2-3000 € ...) nobody (official) will speak ... We bet?

It is already done, in terms of solar, since the French company Bysun sell vacuum tubes made in China.
Christophe wrote:3) FINALLY AND ESPECIALLY: all his speeches and actions only concern the (bad) polluters of particular. They are the only ones who have to make an effort precisely ... total impunity for industrialists...
The fight must be on 2 fronts: individuals use industrial products mainly ...

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1
it shows that the debate on the means of proceeding is just beginning, like the one I started with Christine, Rulian, Bûcheron and Nono about the book of Jancovici and that even if we agree on the objective to be achieved. The key is to start the debate to get things done.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 08/11/06, 19:06

Christophe wrote:[...]Oh yeah ? And nobody wants a car that consumes 2L 100 then? It's fucking mouth that's all ... [...]
Ben no, nobody ... :?
[for a big builders, nobody = less than a few tens of thousands of sales / year ...]
Even a group like VW did not continue the "Lupo 3L" experiment while somewhere, it was a vehicle that was good for the image, comparable from this point of view to a few "niches" that some manufacturers praise for. justify very expensive models on which they make a nice tumble!

Totally agree with you to say long live the LOREMO, but I do not know what sales figures she will manage to make ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/11/06, 20:22

bham wrote:Can you develop? I do not understand what you mean. :|

Ben that installing the gear RE must be systematic (I did not say MANDATORY) but systematic in the minds of all those who renovate ... This should not be an effort (did not it still goes the .. . !!) but a SATISFACTION to do it !!

Woodcutter wrote:Totally agree with you to say long live the LOREMO, but I do not know what sales figures she will manage to make ...

Ben at least ... 2: you and me : Cheesy: and probably some other people from this forum...

Without laughing if it keeps its promises and that it is reliable (and that its commercial development is not constricted from any part) I think that its success is assured! It is a small structure ... bcp + flexible that big cons ... teurs ...

Finally ... we will see and this comes a little bit the remark I made about psychology: social success = big car = big consumption and the loop is complete ...

ps: for info, you know how many velsatis were sold before the cessation of the prod?
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 08/11/06, 20:59

Christophe wrote:[...] ps: FYI, do you know how many velsatis were sold before the production stopped?
It is more produced Vel Satis? :?:
In the 2006 year, the first 8 months, the sales figures show 2500 models sold in France only.

I see you coming ... : Wink: But watch out for the margin!
0 x
Lolox
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Lolox » 08/11/06, 21:20

Christophe wrote:[...]
ps: did you mention Kyot-home to your association? It allows precisely to evaluate the impact of the energies of the particular http://www.kyot-home.com/

Ah, well I did not understand exactly what you meant exactly ... With your clarification, it's much clearer, and I have nothing to add : Wink:

Otherwise, it is a very good idea to promote Kyot-home to members of the association :D . I have not had the time yet because I do a lot of things elsewhere, but it will be done in the coming days.

PS: The link to the econology site was one of the first put online for members of the association ... By my care obviously : Lol:
0 x
"Experience is the name men give to their mistakes" O. Wilde
AVEVA
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Nicolas Hulot

by AVEVA » 08/11/06, 21:38

That NH can be countered on certain points is possible and it is with him that we must start the debate, draw his attention to the bad perception of certain elements that he may have.
It is regrettable that forum econological does not seize its notoriety to carry with it the movement towards sustainable development.
: Evil:
Read:
http://www.la-chronique-agora.com/essais-129.html
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Nicolas Hulot

by Woodcutter » 08/11/06, 23:56

AVEVA wrote:That NH can be countered on certain points is possible and it is with him that we must start the debate, draw his attention to the bad perception of certain elements that he may have.
It is regrettable that forum econological does not seize its notoriety to carry with it the movement towards sustainable development.
: Evil:
Read:
http://www.la-chronique-agora.com/essais-129.html
And....

What is your message?
Warming and its consequences, we are a little aware...
And I do not understand your movement of (bad) mood?
0 x