Kyoto and Canada

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
jelupan
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Kyoto and Canada

by jelupan » 22/10/06, 11:58

I learn that Canada has increased its greenhouse gas emissions by 30%.
Information collected on: http://www.univers-nature.com/inf/inf_a ... gi?id=2407
Canada would be on the verge, if the law passes, of renouncing the Kyoto protocol. It sounds a bit big, but after all politicians from all countries are in the pay of industrial lobbies.
Between the countries which have not signed it, those which have signed but who do not care and those which have signed but which have a failing economy, one can wonder when the emissions, on the whole, will start to decrease.
And when the great catastrophe falls on us. Although it seems that it has already started.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 22/10/06, 16:32

Hello,
that's right i told you in a post l, the old government had signed the protocol after the selection the new government does not respect the agreement, the reason is simple the new prime minister came from the west country of oil Alberta, petroleum is the main generator of pollution
In addition this government and a true copy of the Bush policy, on all counts. (I think he takes his orders from George)
Normally Quebec which is a simple province will respect the agreements, by a provincial policy in reality Quebec alone will easily enter the requirements of kyoto we have almost all, hydroelectricity, but we are counted with the (country Canada) which makes 6000 km long.
But don't worry, this is a minority government, precisely because Quebec did not vote for them because of its policies, so it will not resist for another year. We are a little over 6000000 in Quebec, like many other Belgian or Swedish countries, and the size of the province and 3 times France, it will be necessary to burn material to pollute as much as 60 inhabitants.
Although probably in the spring this government will be overthrown, but it will still be a minority government.

Andre
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 22/10/06, 19:39

Yes the comparisons are difficult but hey, with 60 million inhabitants it promises to respect Kyoto and again this is only the beginning
0 x