Flight of 270 meters of telephone cable in the Var

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Flight of 270 meters of telephone cable in the Var

by Targol » 02/10/06, 14:47

NICE (Reuters) - Two hundred residents of a commune in the Var were deprived of a telephone for several hours Thursday after the theft of 270 meters of telephone cable, we learned from the regional office of France Telecom.

It was around seven o'clock, when the village of Saint-Julien-le-Montagnier started to wake up, that its inhabitants realized that they were absent subscribers.

Among them was a doctor whom a patient tried to reach all morning in vain. By the time neighbors could call the fire department, the 86-year-old person died, suffering from pulmonary edema.

Technicians from France Telecom noted on site that 270 meters of cable had been removed from telephone poles overnight.

Thefts of metals have multiplied in recent months in France due to the significant rise in the price of raw materials.

It is the first time that this type of theft has occurred in the Var. France Telecom has announced its intention to file a complaint.

Soon, a new style of car jacking: lads will dismantle the wings of cars stopped at red lights to resell them at the price of sheet metal.
When will the underwater divers who come surreptitiously unbolt the sheet metal plates of the hulls of the boats?
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 02/10/06, 16:08

targol said:

Soon, a new style of car jacking: lads will dismantle the wings of cars stopped at red lights to resell them at the price of sheet metal.

well with DS / ID 19 it was almost possible. :?

In Presles (near Charleroi, Belgium, Chatelet entity) a year or two ago, there was a rascal who stole fifteen or so manhole covers (yes, on the street!) there was no accident. : Evil:

In the same corner, we stole live copper bars from the Solvay company in an electric cabin! : Evil:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/10/06, 16:14

elephant wrote: there is a rascal who stole fifteen manhole covers (yes, on the street!), by miracle there was no accident. : Evil:

Exactly the same case 2 weeks ago (I know more or share against) ... but such behavior also proves something other than the increase in the price of metals is the precariousness that increases ...
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 02/10/06, 16:32

Hello

The manhole covers I understand (30kg x15 = 450kg); but of the 256 or 512 pairs in 6 / 10ths; once the plastic has been removed you only have slabs. :frown:
and I'm not talking about the job to separate the copper from the aluminum sheath : Idea: (better go to the factory or have a round it is more profitable).

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 02/10/06, 16:41

zac wrote:(...) I'm not talking about the taf to separate the copper from the aluminum sheath (...)

Hi Zac.
In my opinion, the method used is as simple as it is polluting: you ignite, the plastic melts and burns and you recover the metals. : Evil: : Evil:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Other

by Other » 02/10/06, 16:49

Hello

it is the technique of the resistants during the war it was not necessary simply to cut the telephone line it was necessary to eliminate a stretch of wire much more complicated to repair than a simple connection,
During the strike that dragged on for a cable distributor who had recourse to (scabs) employee temporarily hired to replace the strikers (illegal in Quebec)
we had similar things but with fiber optics. they remove a length of cable that makes two joints, for repair to (scab)
With these actions publicized we demonstrate the weakness of our network, and this gives ideas to small budding iron breakers

Andre
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 02/10/06, 17:00

The proliferation of this kind of theft of materials only confirms the quote from Kenneth Boulding:

Kenneth Boulding wrote:Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist.

We come to a point where the supply of certain raw materials which serve as the basis of our society are beginning to no longer follow the demand boosted in particular by the "growth" of India and China ... with the depletion of oil, all that will not work out ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 02/10/06, 17:09

Andre wrote:it is the technique of the resistants during the war it was not necessary simply to cut the telephone line it was necessary to eliminate a stretch of wire much more complicated to repair than a simple connection,

Hi Andrew.
In my opinion, in this kind of case, it is more to recover the materials in order to resell them at the price of raw metal than to em ... der France Telecom.

I don't know in Canada, but in France, the theft of materials is in full swing. We even saw thefts of wrought iron fences, here !!!
0 x
frl
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by frl » 02/10/06, 17:41

Hello,

It is curious, a person died because of this theft and nobody takes the news.

Obviously, I'm stupid! She was 86 years old, that's one less retirement to pay ...

When your life only depends on a thread ... I only hope it never happens to you ...

It is simply a reflection of a society where no one is responsible for their actions. I fly, he dies, I pollute, he dies, I don't care!

A word
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 02/10/06, 18:02

frl wrote:Hello,

It is curious, a person died because of this theft and nobody takes the news.

Obviously, I'm stupid! She was 86 years old, that's one less retirement to pay ...

When your life only depends on a thread ... I only hope it never happens to you ...

It is simply a reflection of a society where no one is responsible for their actions. I fly, he dies, I pollute, he dies, I don't care!

A word

I have the impression of an attack there, frl. I am wrong ?

Indeed, an old lady died as a result of this theft, it is tragic.
How many Iraqis will die so that the US can steal their oil from them?
How many Palestinians will die for Israeli settlements to settle on their land?

The world is unfair frl; it is not necessarily our fault ...

Personally, my way of fighting this is not to steal, to try to help my neighbors as much as possible, to avoid pollution as much as possible ... after that, I don't necessarily have the power to save everyone world. : Cry:
0 x