Coverage of info ...

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Coverage of info ...

by Woodcutter » 20/09/06, 15:12

0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 20/09/06, 18:15

They declared the cargo as "sewage".
You could only believe them ... H2S smells of rotten egg, Mercaptan, shit.
Ivorians must have thought that our wastewater came from our rotten stomachs of Westerners ...
France is not in the game, but it seems, two French have been arrested. : Shock:
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 20/09/06, 18:16

Yes, they spoke about it on France Info and I saw flashes in various France television night news.

After the "oil for food" protocol between Iraq and the West, here comes the "Toxic waste against raw materials" protocol between Africa and the West.

Let's rejoice, the "Africa pump" is finally starting to work in both directions: now, they have something in exchange for the raw materials that were stolen from them before. : Evil:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/09/06, 21:34

Yes heard on JT ... either from Arte or Belgian channels, I don't watch the others anymore ...

Apparently it would come from cleaning residues from the tanks of an oil tanker (whose "legal assembly" strongly resembles that of the Erika and the Prestige ...) see the subject on oil spills below the maps: https://www.econologie.com/forums/les-marees ... t2301.html
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 20/09/06, 22:04

Christophe wrote:Apparently it would come from cleaning residues from the tanks of an oil tanker (...)

Ah no, there, I see myself obliged to contradict you, Christophe: the "cleaning of the tanks", it is the last feint of the polluters to bypass the Treaty of Basel (export of waste).

explanation: if you have to have toxic waste treated, you need an export authorization, a port equipped for that, in short, it costs you a lot.
Clever kids have found the sham: I gradually balance my toxic waste in boat tanks and there, MIRACLE: my toxic waste is transformed into "tank bottom residues" which do not need any agreement to leave the country and that any port of an "underdeveloped" country can handle ... for 10 times cheaper, that goes without saying : Evil:

This is what happened in Abidjan!
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."