Farenheit 9 / 11: disappointments.

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

Farenheit 9 / 11: disappointments.

by Christophe » 07/09/06, 22:06

Yesterday passed Farenheit 9/11 Palme d'Or at Cannes in 2004 on RTL-TVi.

Despite all the trouble I think of Bush I was quite disappointed by this report: too many lengths, an unclear message (except that: war is ugly and it is not good), very shocking images (TF1's news worse) to say very little ... This report did NOT deserve the palm of gold ... even in the context of the time!

I had largely preferred Bowling for colombine the previous film of M.More ... unless I have evolved ...?

The World according to Bush, which goes elsewhere this evening on France 2 at 23 p.m., is, in my opinion, much more instructive!

https://www.econologie.com/forums/le-monde-s ... t2268.html
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Farenheit 9/11: disappointments.

by Targol » 07/09/06, 22:15

Christophe wrote:This report did NOT deserve the palm of gold ... even in the context of the time!

I had largely preferred Bowling for colombine the previous film of M.More ... unless I have evolved ...?

I quite agree on this: Farenheit 9/11 is worse than "bowling for Colombine". It nevertheless has the merit of existing and, unlike "the world according to Bush", it was broadcast to the states.
If, as such, he was able to open his eyes to certain Americans, that will already be it.
When in the palm of gold, in my eyes, it is completely political and has value only as anti-war support to the French policy of the time.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/09/06, 22:18

1) In a free country, a palm should not have political notions but simply artistic ... am I wrong?

2) Mr Moore is classified in the "Humor" section in the USA ... in other words: he is passed off as a Clown ... I doubt that he has a great influence. Positive point in the palm: it forced the broadcast in a greater number of rooms ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 07/09/06, 22:33

Christophe wrote:1) In a free country, a palm should not have political notions but simply artistic ... am I wrong?

+1
It is undoubtedly the best way that the "cinema-business" found to express its opinion on this war. :|

Christophe wrote:2) Mr Moore is classified in the "Humor" section in the USA ... in other words: he is passed off as a Clown ... I doubt that he has a great influence.

If he could open his eyes to a single American, it will already be one less warrior. :D

Christophe wrote:Positive point for the palm: it has forced distribution in a larger number of rooms ...

And well you see that it has a positive side this palm : Cheesy:
... on the other hand, to avoid in the form of HBV in diesels: palm oil freezes below 30 ° C : Lol:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."