The ultimate goal of globalization

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
democrate
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

The ultimate goal of globalization

by democrate » 15/07/06, 10:46

The end goal of globalization: a world under the control of large global consortia. No more countries, states, societies but vast communities that are easy to manipulate.
(extract from the article on globalization that you find in the blog: www.chez.com/societe): "System with leveling of world cultures (a culture is not always linked to a community) with the aim of a merchant and consumer world society, this system generates a world cultural system linked to the identification of happiness by the possession of goods (psychological transfer to objects) It is normal to buy products and material goods for material needs (while respecting the ecosystem): you must dress, eat, move, have accommodation, leisure. The abnormal reaction is to buy products to feel like you exist or think you are becoming someone better or more important by buying this or that thing. Eternal and unlimited production, as if our planet were like infinite and could give man the possibility of taking these resources without consideration and without limitations. This globalization also allows the appearance of a world society with few rights its if not that of making a profit to consume and amass goods (as we can see in China today). It is competition without rules and the vilest law which makes reference. It is also the appearance of a global totalitarianism without counting the exacerbated communitarianism that it generates. "
But this vision of the world which is at the same time totalitarian, communitarian and non-cultural may not exist because this globalization is also based (but not only because international finance is also a big part of it) on petroleum energy which is not infinite and will be used up in 25 to 35 years. This will allow a return to more continental economies (because the costs linked to the transport of goods at a global level will have become too prohibitive and we may be able to witness a relocation of production to the continents, Australia, Asia, Europe, America, Africa) but it will have done a lot of damage for both the so-called rich and poor countries.
Personally I have nothing against a form of globalization (globalization of democratic rights while keeping a form of multiculturalism on a global and non-national level which only transforms society into a communitarian society like some Anglo-Saxon countries) but not as currently because co-development is preferable and allows development of the countries of the world in a harmonious and not destabilizing way.
Geoffroy
www.chez.com/societe
0 x
Never be afraid to sit down for a moment to think. (L.Hansberry)
www.chez.com/societe
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 18/12/11, 10:59

Out of the drawers of 2006 : Cheesy:
I will give my personal opinion, even if it means shocking some of you.

It's just an assumption ..
It is possible that globalization is a noble cause.
The goal would be to balance the standard of living of all humans on the planet.
To do this, companies must be relocated to give work to poor countries.
Which leads to unemployment here, lower wages etc.
And since this change is not happening quickly enough, we are using the banks to break the value of money here.
In short, reduce our purchasing power, in order to achieve equality with emerging countries.
If we want a real balance in the purchasing power of all countries, and this fairly quickly, we must hurt the rich countries.
Ok, my wife just read this text and says to me that I dream, that one should not trust Bildelberg and others

:D
Finally, here it is, I said: For me, it is possible that people are doing everything to make life more pleasant for a good number of humans, which involves a lot of sacrifices in rich countries.
Damn, I hope I'm right :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/12/11, 11:11

Roh I "reassure" you: the poor clink even more of globalization than we the rich!

See this small Belgian documentary on globalized agriculture: https://www.econologie.com/forums/je-mange-d ... 11362.html

The main goal of globalization is the relocation of production from the rich to the poor, it is done to enrich the "rich rich": therefore it is above all to take advantage of the difference in wealth between peoples ...

The less difference there will be the less globalization ... within the meaning of the current definition ...

There are still a few decades of "margin" ...
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 18/12/11, 11:48

The main goal of globalization is the relocation of production from the rich to the poor, it is done to enrich the "rich rich": therefore it is above all to take advantage of the difference in wealth between peoples ...

Yes, Christophe, it's a way of seeing.
But I use a very big principle in my life, namely, the results, the facts.
What I see, for example, many Chinese people live better.
The caste order in India is beginning to crumble.
In fact, the increase in the poor in rich countries is negligible compared to the increase in living standards in these two countries. (China India)
With my idea of ​​beneficial globalization decided by a handful of people who have power, I would say one more thing:
Why didn't you ask us, the wealthy workers?
Answer, we would have said no !, because we want to keep our purchasing power, even if it means using India and China as cheap labor.
0 x
econololo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by econololo » 18/12/11, 11:57

Christophe wrote:The main goal of globalization is the relocation of production from the rich to the poor, it is done to enrich the "rich rich": therefore it is above all to take advantage of the difference in wealth between peoples ...
The poor produce for the rich, they get richer little by little and faster than if they did not produce for us.
http://souspression.canalblog.com/archi ... 96009.html
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 18/12/11, 12:02

But there were no poor people before the birth of high energies, such as coal, steam, etc.
In short, before the birth of the industry, there was only a simple and sufficient life.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 18/12/11, 16:41

Econololo writes:
The poor produce for the rich, they get richer little by little and faster than if they did not produce for us.

This is the so-called "runoff" theory *, a very old theory that has never been proven by the facts until now!
In the specific case mentioned, this type of production leads to greater monetization of the poor, which can lead to a false conclusion of an improvement in well-being.
However, this is not the case: the increase in cash income does not compensate for the cost of formerly free goods (the sphere of monetarization is, by nature, global) or the purchase of new products required by this activity.

As for the "beneficial globalization" of The middle, it is at most an optical illusion.

Several reasons militate in this direction:
There is not really a homogeneous transfer of wealth between European and Asian countries, because although it is true that the middle class and those below it are impoverishing in Europe, the wealthiest class continues to dig l to his advantage.

The very idea of ​​a standardization of living standards to a European standard, even revised downward is an absurdity in itself: we owe our opulence to plunder (extractivism) from other countries, the method is therefore not generalizable .

* "Trickle down effect" in English.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
econololo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by econololo » 18/12/11, 17:51

Ahmed wrote:Econololo writes:

This is the so-called "runoff" theory *, a very old theory that has never been proven by the facts until now!

Wage increases in China are a fundamental trend that has accelerated since the start of globalization (graph)
http://souspression.canalblog.com/archi ... 96009.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/12/11, 18:23

a) The wage in absolute value increases it is on (before the globalization of China, 80% of the Chinese were peasants!) but the standard of living increases less quickly ... because all the rest increases too. To be compared to the curve of the Chinese price index ...

b) I think that Ahmed means that there is a limit to this "runoff" and that they will never reach the standard of living of the relocating countries ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 18/12/11, 18:35

This is why I took care to specify that the increase in the share of income in cash can grow more than the increase in the standard of living.
An isolated graph has only a limited meaning, especially since it is only one stage of a trend ... It would be presumptuous, although always tempting, to prolong the curve prematurely.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."