Without the road nothing moves

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Without the road nothing moves

by freddau » 03/07/06, 10:56

Article read in a German magazine, "Focus" in this case, and which follows a European study on transport.

The conclusion of this global study on transport is that without the road nothing can be done.

This report directed by Mr. Barrot advocates despite the conclusions and the environmental weight of the road, better use of all possible modes of transport.

PS:
I will try to find this report.
This report which concludes that mobility = road and knowing that road = petroleum, I do not need to add more.
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 03/07/06, 15:50

Yep it smells like the report at very short sight ...

It is certain that now, mobility = road .... but that can change if there is will. And it's not really this kind of report that will push in the right direction : Cry:

If you find this report, I'm interested! Keep us posted, thank you.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 03/07/06, 18:49

Jacques Barrot.
European Commissioner for Transport, anything but gifted; the only French to represent us ... (he doesn't speak a word of English).
Proposed by France, following his "exploits", as minister, in the management of the 2003 heat wave ...
His site:
http://ec.europa.eu/commission_barroso/ ... dex_fr.htm
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 03/07/06, 21:33

gegyx wrote:European Commissioner for Transport, anything but gifted; the only French to represent us ... (he doesn't speak a word of English).

Hello
embassy attaché he was not fucked up to manage the little ovens and the wiskye : Evil: We are well crossed : Cheesy:
@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 03/07/06, 22:58

Yes, well, in any case you have to do with what you have, not everyone can be as intelligent as W. Bush. (I think I said bullshit :) )

We will say that the guy Barrot is not alone and that he has small hands with him, a team, a mannschaft that will bring everything to the end :).

Short:
the current reflection is entitled: "a transport policy for sustainable mobility"

here is the address, where you can find the white paper on transport:
http://ec.europa.eu/transport/transport ... dex_en.htm

With M.Barrot's declaration:
Jacques Barrot, Vice-President of the Commission and Commissioner responsible for
transport, said: "Mobility is essential for the free movement of
European citizens and economic growth. The EU will continue to promote the
rail, sea and inland waterway for long distance connections. We
also need to step up our efforts to make road transport and
aviation more efficient and more environmentally friendly. It is why I
want to focus on logistics, clean propulsion and
intelligent transport using the latest technologies ”.

They also rely heavily on Gallileo to make transportation smarter and realize that the dependence on oil is not very good for the environment.

The objectives are laudable and it goes in the right direction.
It's already good that decision-makers are taking care of it.
0 x
zac

by zac » 03/07/06, 23:13

freddau wrote:They also rely heavily on Gallileo to make transportation smarter and realize that the dependence on oil is not very good for the environment.

Hello

Gallileo is an improved European GPS; by the cops of the truck drivers I do not see where the economy is in various and varied pollution : Evil:

@+

PS: why is it not on the market ??????????? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)

This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Without the road nothing moves

by neant » 04/07/06, 18:29

freddau wrote:Article read in a German magazine, "Focus" in this case, and which follows a European study on transport.

The conclusion of this global study on transport is that without the road nothing can be done.

This report directed by Mr. Barrot advocates despite the conclusions and the environmental weight of the road, better use of all possible modes of transport.

Because you have to do a study to find out about that?
Yet it seems logical.
Our ancestors who invented the wheel, and the road, in your opinion, what was it for?
Later, much later, came the oil.
Do we have to undergo the hypocrisy of political representatives who impose on us our modes of travel and all the means that go with it?
I wonder how our current politicians would react if we did not have oil with all the ease that it brings to everyone.
Imagining that there is no oil, what politicians, laws, the state and the government as well as lobbies and companies tried, one to make that each citizen thanks to his taxes could move; and two, could they have claimed a tax on each km traveled by you, whatever the means of transport.
By the fuel taxes, you don't see a traffic tax there, for each km you travel, you have to pay a tax to the state to have the right to move ...
You pay a right of way, doesn't that look a bit like the Middle Ages?
There are really people who have time to waste to study such studies.
Since becoming a man, man has had to move.
Come to assert that without the road nothing moves, on the part of a politician, I call that foutage of mouth, they take people enough for idiots, so idiots that it is necessary that a political representative who, he will tell us whether or not we need roads and fuels.
Like citizens who vote are not able to argue or say whether or not there are roads.

There, pfff, it simply connotes how our leaders take us for donkeys ...
This is the only reaction that comes to my mind before this info ...
Pitiful
But who can elect such representatives?
0 x