SMT

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
valentin
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

SMT

by valentin » 23/06/06, 12:39

Hi all.

I am a little interested in saving fossil fuels in automobile use.

I read in "action auto moto" of July 2006 an article on the SMT (Stabilizer of Rotating Movement). It is a gear integrated in the wheel which saves 0.5L per 100. If I understood correctly, the SMT allows the car not to slow down because of the engine brake which allows it to move forward. a short distance thanks to its inertia while losing a little speed due to friction. In fact this system acts like when you engage (or disengage, every time I forget) on a car, the engine is no longer in relation to the wheels so the car is very little slowed down.

If someone has good documentation on it, I'm interested! I do not understand the system that allows acceleration with SMT.

"Action auto moto" July 2006. page 100-101
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/06/06, 12:44

Wow what an innovation ... it looks a lot like a freewheel, right? :)

Panhard made one as standard in the 30s ... https://www.econologie.com/roue-libre-pa ... -2978.html
Last edited by Christophe the 03 / 04 / 15, 12: 43, 1 edited once.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 23/06/06, 13:30

I don't understand, this system completely cancels the engine brake ???

How do we go downhill?
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/06/06, 13:41

The best would be to scan the article in question, right?

Otherwise there is always google :)
0 x
valentin
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by valentin » 23/06/06, 18:12

Yes, it looks like a freewheel, it's a mesh between the axis and the wheel which means that when you accelerate, it starts and when you release, the engine is no longer driven by the wheel so the car continues on its inertia and you roll on a slows down to 1000 all instead of 3000!

If someone has in-depth documentation, that interests me.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/06/06, 18:21

Well apparently it is you who has the most documentation above for the moment :D

I wonder how the engine brake is managed in the downhill as said above ... Good will take a ride on google ... if I find I come back :)

ps: well I did not find much ... do you have the name of the company that developed this?
0 x
valentin
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by valentin » 23/06/06, 22:29

Yes me either, I don't really understand how it works.

It is auto moto that we made this article and they are never very complete. In the last issue, the author wrote a dossier on the greenhouse effect: "cows also emit a lot of CO2, especially when belching!". Anyone who is interested in the minimum greenhouse effect knows that it is methane from fermentation in the stomach! Finally there is not the subject but I still wanted to spend my little rant.

The SMT is the invention of a retired retired mechanic!
Paul Guilbart filed the SMT patent in 1983!
I find this invention intelligent because with our cars, we consume energy by accelerating but also by braking (downshift) and the SMT cancels this effect

He contacted car manufacturers but they are not interested! Inevitably, a drop in the gas consumption of their cars causes a less important contract with the oil company with which they are associated.

It is written that a clio seemed to have won 10 hp at one go.

Good night
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."