Critics of the danger of US global warming

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Critics of the danger of US global warming

by freddau » 20/05/06, 10:42

Critics of the danger of global warming are counterattacking in the United States with a television advertising campaign accusing environmentalists and some scientists of alarmism.

This offensive coincides with the upcoming release of the documentary "An Inconvenient Truth" in which former Democratic Vice President Al Gore warns of the risks caused by global warming due to greenhouse gas emissions, including carbon dioxide (CO2) produced by the combustion of hydro-carbides and coal.

The authors of the advertising campaign hostile to environmentalists on the contrary defend the economic benefits of fossil fuels.

One of the two 60-second commercials ends with the image of a little girl blowing on the down of a dandelion in a bucolic setting while a female voice says: "carbon dioxide, they call pollution, we call it source of life. "

This message emphasizes "the often overlooked benefits of producing CO2-producing energy" such as transportation, heating, lighting and the general improvement in the quality of life.

The second spot focuses on "the disparity between the media on the melting of glaciers and scientific reality".

This campaign is launched by the Competitive Enterprise Institute, an ultra-conservative research institute and lobby group close to the Bush administration.

"The claim that there is a growing danger from a fossil fuel-induced climate disaster is unfounded," Marlo Lewis, an environmental policy expert at the institute, said in a statement. .
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 20/05/06, 10:43

Pass me the baseball bat.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 20/05/06, 11:42

After the wars for the personal interests of a group, the modifications in the school books and the budgets to erase the theses of evolutionism, the patriot act, now the negationism of the pollution, the "Busch Sect" can give lessons of ethics in the world ... And to be able to criticize the Iranian dress drift, germinated in the minds of fanatic religious who unfortunately hold power.
0 x
pollux
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pollux » 20/05/06, 23:13

the baseball bat is a good idea, but there are too many! : Evil:

I hope the American people will not be fooled by this misinformation, but I am afraid. they still elected bush twice! : Shock:

Can we attack those responsible for this campaign for crimes against humanity or endangering the lives of others, or any other count of con? It may seem a bit far-fetched to make a lawsuit on it, but in the United States, it is complaining ... it could be not bad to make a big media mess around that. especially if the green ones win the lawsuit!

don't lose hope, the trend is for conservationists. and I don't think that the people of the first world power can be so misinformed.

@+
-Pollux
0 x
criticism is necessary, but the invention is vital because in any invention there is a criticism of the convention ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 21/05/06, 01:05

Can we attack those responsible for this campaign for crimes against humanity or endangering the lives of others, or any other count of con? It may seem a bit far-fetched to make a lawsuit on it, but in the United States, it is complaining ... it could be not bad to make a big media mess around that. especially if the green ones win the lawsuit!

I believe that the Inuit of Alaska or Greenland have (or will) attack the US government for destruction of their environment (acid rain, melting of permafrost, melting of the ice floe where disappearance of the polar bear ... etc) since they (the USA) did not want to sign the Kyoto protocol. I do not know where the procedure is but if there is a conviction it can change some things, although the lobbies are so powerful that a small fine of a few million dollars does not scare them.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 21/05/06, 08:06

Pollux wrote:the baseball bat is a good idea, but there are too many! : Evil:

I hope the American people will not be fooled by this misinformation, but I am afraid. they still elected bush twice! : Shock:
and I don't think the people of the first world power can be so misinformed.

@+
-Pollux

Hello
Take an Acomic bat : Mrgreen:

If con as they are they are fooled it is its the worst, go take a look at the texas or in oregon and you will see what "acculture" is. : Evil:

The average American inquires only with his tv channel; I don't think that the crushed dogs and santa barbara is really information. The world stops at the borders of their counties (of the state for the most advanced). : Evil:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Sat-going
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Sat-going » 21/05/06, 10:23

Hi,
I am pessimistic for the American people : Cry:
Adolphe Hitler said that the bigger the lie, the more people believe it. :x
0 x
Ignorance allows you to lead the sheep where you want.
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 21/05/06, 10:59

Even in Germany there was resistance. In the States, there are also.

Making a generalization is not good, that's what Hittler did with the Jews, in addition to saying anything.
And having a single thought is also dangerous.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/05/06, 12:36

Lamentable ... this makes me think of a little riddle: "What is the difference between a lobbyist and an environmental activist?"

Answer: "The first lives and generally not the second"

The answer is undoubtedly to be refined ...
Last edited by Christophe the 21 / 05 / 06, 12: 54, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/05/06, 12:37

sam-va wrote:Adolphe Hitler said that the bigger the lie, the more people believe it. :x

LOL and he said that before or after the reichstag fire?
0 x