mmm it's weird!

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
yahi
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

mmm it's weird!

by yahi » 14/03/06, 13:16

here is one of the latest news from quanthomme:

very frankly I find the graphics of the videos and photos very well done, but really, I find it hard to believe that the craft exists and that it is a real flight!
the reflections really have the synthetic area, the fins too and full of details make me believe in a fake!
I have not explored if the updates of the naudin sites show the manufacture or elements allowing to believe in a real model, but anyone who has done model making is prey to wonder or are servos of order, batteries, receiver and the elements which are linked to it (control surfaces, etc.) ... we are talking about a control desk but no photo or video showing the handling, nor the person handling it ...
in short, I leave you to judge, because it is a surprising and impressive affair!

yahi
0 x
When will we have the right to stop using oil?
Free object!
bob_isat
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by bob_isat » 14/03/06, 13:51

wow! they fly lemon squeezers! it's still strong what we can do with a computer and good software these days ...
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 14/03/06, 13:53

http://jlnlabs.imars.com/gfsuav/index.htm

Public chat http://jlnlabs.imars.com/gfsuav/index.htm
Enjoy
reports what the designer said Geoff hatton :
The Geoff's Flying Saucer (GFS) project - The Geoff flying saucer project (GFS) It is important to note that such a machine uses a conventional aerodynamic effect and needs air to fly, there is no connection with antigravity, electrogravity or electrokinetics. So why am I interested in this kind of device? simply because the GFS is non-conventional compared to a simple helicopter and also because the efficiency of the rotor (or turbine) can be significantly increased thanks to the Coanda effect. Such a device is also much safer than a simple helicopter. It is an excellent design to build an efficient drone ...
So, for the first stage of my project, I modeled the GFS on a professional simulation software called AFPD (Aérofly Pro Deluxe). AFPD uses one of the best models of flight mechanics ever used to date. Today, the GFS flight model is fully reproduced on AFPD and I was thus able to test the aircraft under very varied conditions (windy, gusts, weighted). The next step is to test a real model in real conditions.
You will find below some pictures of my GFS in flight on AFPD. The model is piloted by myself with a real console of radio control.

So it's a software simulation. In fact, we only see the fan.
The reported noise suffers from a defect depending on the position of the machine.
0 x
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 14/03/06, 13:53

Mouarf, there on this one, I don't believe it.
I often use COA / DAO software, and it is more than obvious, and it is obvious that the reflections are only vulgar computer textures.
There is no photo.
I also did a little modeling, and it's also true, no cervos, no batteries, but where does the energy that turns the rotor come from?
All a little inconsistent.

Otherwise, on the site they talk about Shauberger's machine, and vortexes, well, I believe that.
Nature is well done, trout and salmon use the water vortices very well to catapult and jump the waterfalls as Mr Schauberger so aptly recounts.
There is a track for sure.
There is some truth, some false in all this, but what is certain is that there is a real potential in vortexes, I have no doubts about it.
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 14/03/06, 13:57

it's a digital flight:
extract:
So, for the first stage of my project, I modeled the GFS on a professional simulation software called AFPD (Aérofly Pro Deluxe). AFPD uses one of the best models of flight mechanics ever used to date.

next step:The next step is to test a real model in real conditions.
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 14/03/06, 13:58

Yes it seems to be a synthetic image, but a priori it is indeed one! In fact it seems that these are test flights in simulator:

The GFS is very stable and the flight is comparable to that of a helicopter.
You will find below a test flight conducted in windy conditions (West wind of 4 m / s, gusts of +/- 1 m / s)

And after the videos, we have:

Jean-Louis Naudin's notes: The GFS flights are not finished, this is only the beginning of the project and I will update my website with all the technical details of my GFS construction and the results of the real tests in flight ....

So a priori the videos are not real flight tests, it's just a simulation in fact, it explains the "synthetic" side.
But it's true that it is a bit confusing !!!

A+
0 x
Padawan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Padawan » 14/03/06, 14:23

Fluid dynamics ...
Personally I tend to believe it because I had already issued a profile
identical fluid dynamics, but my propeller is very different because my model uses a propeller with Nacca profile, the output would be better than this propeller basically placed on the top of the machine, while in my model it is internal and placed in a double circular hull, "a bit like two salad bowls fitting one on the other" ... for info the servos are placed just 1/3 from the top towards the electric motor and the batteries ... a servo-motor and a small gyroscope helps to maintain the center of gravity of the machine, ailerons around the periphery of the machine, a little coanda effect and voila (this dynamic system is quite known for some drones), it is achievable by all with aeromodelling now.
Good achievements
Padawan
0 x
Back to the future
yahi
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by yahi » 14/03/06, 14:23

yes good then obviously if i don't read well ... good it is a first flight on simulator then!
It's a great experience!
excuse me for all this flippant but it gave the impression that it was a life-size test!
:?
yahi
0 x
When will we have the right to stop using oil?

Free object!
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 14/03/06, 14:44

Don't apologize Yahi, we learn things, that's the main thing. :P
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 14/03/06, 15:30

yahi wrote:yes good then obviously if i don't read well ... good it is a first flight on simulator then!
It's a great experience!
excuse me for all this flippant but it gave the impression that it was a life-size test!
:?
yahi

Thank you Yahi, for this truer than life video, pure pleasure, enough to put any passionate model maker into a trance. Ah, being able to radio control one day such a machine ... And these kiss-landing aterros ... And this sound effect ... I never get tired of it.
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."