Arte the hidden face of green energies

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Arte the hidden face of green energies

by Macro » 25/11/20, 08:31

0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

Re: Arte the hidden face of green energies

by Christophe » 25/11/20, 08:37

And the hidden side of fossils? We are talking about it ?

I recently learned about this forum that they were subsidized to the tune of 6000 billion per year!

That's 7.5% of global GDP!
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 25/11/20, 08:47

What a monstrous waste that will lead us even faster to the big cat ...Image
You can add this link in the first message, it will be active tonight
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 25/11/20, 08:58

Christophe wrote:And the hidden side of fossils? We are talking about it ?

I recently learned about this forum that they were subsidized to the tune of 6000 billion per year!

this figure is completely fanciful, considering what they cost, it would mean that you earn money by buying fossils!

here https://www.connaissancedesenergies.org ... ons-180123

we are talking about 260 billion for fossil fuels and 170 billion for renewables. More in absolute terms but much less in relative terms, since fossil fuels produce at least 10 times more than renewables (and even counting hydraulics, which should not be the most subsidized).
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 25/11/20, 09:00

I'll watch the video later, but I got a Porsche Cayenne ad early on ... and so it's off to a bad start : Shock: . A video funded by the oil lobby?

This interview with Elon Musk is very interesting, because he talks about the near future:

To summarize in French:
- elimination of the solvent in the battery manufacturing step (very polluting solvent)
- very strong reduction in Cobalt (mines in Congo)
- new lithium extraction process with recycled sodium chloride (instead of sulfuric acid)
- 55 (€ or $?) Per kWh at cell level
- 200 GWh produced per year in Berlin (for ~ 3 million vehicles)

Green energies are not green, but like with petroleum pollution will decrease over time. We will have a clean mining code in the same way we put in catalytic converters and we banned lead in gasoline.
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/11/20, 09:05

ABC2019 wrote:

this figure is completely fanciful, considering what they cost, it would mean that you earn money by buying fossils!

we are talking about 260 billion for fossil fuels and 170 billion for renewables. More in absolute terms but much less in relative terms, since fossil fuels produce at least 10 times more than renewables (and even counting hydraulics, which should not be the most subsidized).

I quickly saw a diagram that looked serious ... posted a few days ago I do not know in which subject by I do not know who ...

Help ?

Enerc was that you?
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 25/11/20, 09:29

Christophe wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:

I quickly saw a diagram that looked serious ... posted a few days ago I do not know in which subject by I do not know who ...

Help ?

Enerc was that you?

It's me.

The 500 billion per year correspond to investments and direct aid (for example a mining port built by a State),
The 6000 billion add tax exemptions.
Some examples of tax exemptions:
- kerosene
- tax exemption on road fuels for professionals,
- agricultural fuels,
- do you think that the factory that manufactures plastic bottles pays TICPE?
In my opinion, it is more than 7% of the GDP in France .... on the ladle.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 25/11/20, 09:35

ENERC wrote:
Christophe wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:this figure is completely fanciful, considering what they cost, it would mean that you earn money by buying fossils!

Help ?

Enerc was that you?

It's me.

The 500 billion per year correspond to investments and direct aid (for example a mining port built by a State),
The 6000 billion add tax exemptions.
Some examples of tax exemptions:
- kerosene
- tax exemption on road fuels for professionals,
- agricultural fuels,
- do you think that the factory that manufactures plastic bottles pays TICPE?
In my opinion, it is more than 7% of the GDP in France .... on the ladle.

so it would be tax exemptions that add a cost to fossil fuels that you consider as a subsidy. For example, if we put 20% tax on diesel for individuals but exempt drivers, we consider that it is the 20% tax exemption for drivers who are a subsidy ...

a little special as a calculation anyway, since there was no tax at all there would be no more subsidy. Or in this logic it would be necessary to deduct the amount of taxes from the amounts of subsidies.

But in this case we must also consider that the non-taxation of renewable energies must also be counted as a subsidy?

Furthermore, I would remind you that if we think that energy is the basis of the production of wealth, we can estimate that fossils produce 80% of the wealth produced, therefore around $ 60 billion in wealth per year.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 25/11/20, 19:40

A constructive criticism of the documentary, it is true with many authoritative arguments
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 26/11/20, 10:58

The docu is rather dependent by lacking nuances.

In use, even produced in China, the electric vehicle has a better carbon footprint than other types of motorization according to the European Federation for Transport and the Environment https://www.clubic.com/transport-electr ... antes.html

The video is now live from 13:14
0 x