Threat on a Yonne forest

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Threat on a Yonne forest

by Ahmed » 03/01/20, 18:53

If it is impossible to greatly influence the general course of a World subject to the determinisms that we know (or should know!), It is always possible to slow its destruction on specific points, it seems to me even a duty. In this case, it is a case that has been dragging on for more than a decade, but which has come back to the fore.
At a time a little more triumphant than ours, a generously proportioned aerodrome had been installed near Auxerre, in the town of Branches, in the middle of a forest which suddenly lost a hundred hectares (something that would be hardly possible today!). Aviation activity was always extremely reduced, contrary to the expectations of their promoters and has been declining since: on the last activity report, we are at 0,6 movements per day (one movement = one landing ou takeoff) : roll: .
A new Aeronautical Servitudes Plan (PSA) is planned and should impact a good thirty additional hectares on the woods located laterally to the runway (more than ten have just been cut in the extension of the axis). You can find all the details of this project and the history of the case here, as well as the opportunity to express your opinion on the public inquiry (here) which will start on January 9th.
To summarize, a PSA is a standard product which more or less sticks to the reality of each particular situation, what we are asking for is simple: that account be taken of the presence of these trees which have never hampered whatever the use of this aerodrome and are taken into account by the PSA (as is the nearest hill), thus duly signaled to the pilots, these trees would be in conformity with the regulations. However, local elected officials persist in finding so much easier to shave sustainably (sic!) These unfortunate trees that ask nothing of anyone, on the pretext that large planes (more than 30 passengers, according to the current restriction) would bring flanks businessmen who would emerge from the region from the current slump (unfortunately I am not inventing anything, this is the officially claimed fantasy! : roll: ) and would mass produce jobs which would thus ensure immortal glory for our elected officials ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Threat on a forest in the Yonne

by sen-no-sen » 03/01/20, 19:07

Hello!
There is a petition on platform (type change.org?)?This allows to have more visibility
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/01/20, 19:49

Hello! :D
There is a petition on our initiative that we find here, which can be signed by anyone and then there will be manifested during the public inquiry: these are two distinct approaches, knowing that the second is for all citizens of French nationality and allows to formulate observations which will be collected on site or by internet. You should also know that the result of this consultation being advisory, this does not prejudge the final decision, but still constitutes a non-negligible mode of pressure (the ideal of elected officials, would be a perfect apathy of their voters).
A demonstration is planned for January 8, the day when elected officials go to the wishes of the prefecture, just to be there! Other associations have joined us and a green candidate * (Denis roycourt) intends to take advantage of the occasion and offers us its support ...

* For the record, the other ecological and rival candidate, although theoretically favorable to trees, felt obliged, during the last inter-community council, to consent to their felling, in the name of the economy ( it was not hard to convince!) ...
Almost all the others present seemed to be under lexomil, in any case few came forward, except a mayor who learnedly explained that "trees, there were too many in France".
0 x
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 03/01/20, 20:54

yes but when the AJA goes up in the top division : Mrgreen: there will be additional movements : Wink:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/01/20, 21:08

Certainly! But at the current speed, the trees will have grown back in the middle of the concrete of the track! : Cheesy:
Joking aside, the movement of AJA players was a good part of the previous activity, at least jumbo jets, but that was before ...
Another facet of past activity was training with fairly rare equipment: a THE S (Instrument Landing System) now dismantled (I think it must be exceeded), it existed elsewhere, but in places where the activity made training flight difficult.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 03/01/20, 21:19

Anyway there are too many aerodromes / airports in France.
Near my home at Roanne airport (a large aerodrome in fact) occasionally welcomes a private jet. Because the fire safety service is not enough (only one firefighter) a reinforcement (FPT with a full crew ) from Saint Yan aerodrome (1km away) must make the return trip just to receive the aircraft. Already the carbon footprint of a jet is not looking good, but if that is added wanderings of a heavy-duty fire-fighting it becomes nonsense!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 04/01/20, 17:10

With the ladle, there are indeed three times more aerodromes in France than in Germany for a fleet of planes half less! Needless to say, most only work with a perpetual infusion ...
The president of the mixed union of the aerodrome of Auxerre-Branches, Gerard Delille, in vain claimed during an old meeting that the accounts "were in balance", this could only deceive the naive: the amount of the subsidy being determined by the hole to be plugged, he was necessarily right about the form and wrong about the bottom.
Here's a very article a web tv which has the merit of providing some figures, as well as a photo which illustrates the "danger" (sic) due to the suffocating proximity of the trees!
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 04/01/20, 18:51

Your message is ambiguous ....
It starts (via the title) with if I understood correctly 30ha of forest that would be threatened and it continues little by little by the questioning of the airport itself ...
To be clear, I do not give a damn on a personal level whether or not there is an airport in Auxerre. I am completely neutral in this matter.
But what is the question?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 04/01/20, 19:49

Sorry if it seems ambiguous, but there is no questioning of the aerodrome, since there is, simply the perspective of the low utility of this infrastructure, oversized in all respects, and the extent of planned deforestation.
I take this opportunity, to be clear, to clarify that there is no opposition in principle to a new PSA, but the desire that it take into account the comments of other users of the place and be established in taking into account the presence of the lateral forest cover (which does not present any theoretical difficulty with the DGAC *).

* The General Directorate of Civil Aviation is an administrative body which does not intervene in the decisions of local elected representatives, it only makes them compliant and applicable.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 04/01/20, 20:28

Ahmed wrote:I take this opportunity, to be clear, to clarify that there is no opposition in principle to a new PSA, but the desire that this takes into account the comments of other users of the place and be established taking into account the presence of lateral forest cover (which presents no theoretical difficulty with the DGAC *).

I understand that well, but then why are you urging us to sign a petition or to demonstrate on a public inquiry site when we are not users of the place? How do you want us to have a relevant opinion on "avoidance zones"?
0 x