Personal data protection: RGPD law

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Personal data protection: RGPD law

by Grelinette » 13/04/18, 09:48

Data Protection Act (RGPD): against the backdrop of the Facebook scandal that sold the personal data of millions of Internet users for the end of manipulations political uses, the National Assembly has just adopted the draft law RGPD (European Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data).
It should be noted that this law comes from a former European project voted urgently in response to the latest scandals of collection and exploitation of personal data.

This law must allow everyone to quickly and easily know the details of their personal information that is collected, stored and resold to be exploited for commercial or even political purposes, and to ask for their erasure ... : Cheesy:

https://www.village-justice.com/article ... 28229.html

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A8gl ... nn%C3%A9es

Naivety or cynicism?

When I see the current excesses of commercial files that are sold and sold from one company to another, without any control or regulation, and which give rise to thousands of unwanted commercial phone calls against which nothing can be done, I tell me that this law is not going to have much effect.

Also note that many of these files are obsolete for years and continue to drift into the world of offshore call centers: I am currently receiving dozens of commercial phone calls to the former owner of my current phone number. .. that I have since more than 10 years!

In short, it will be enough for personal data collectors to resell in the minute (or even the second) following the siphoning of your personal data (which you have authorized by ticking the small box without having read the 50 pages of the conditions of use) so that they are lost in the dark maze of commercial (and political) networks without the possibility of being able to control them.

A saying goes: "Laws are made to be circumvented", and this latest law strikes me as yet another example of the legislator's inability to adapt to the digital world in which we live.

GAFAM and other personal data collectors, who are often at the origin of personal data files resold to whoever wants, are in my opinion much smarter and gifted to find legal loopholes to continue this juicy trade.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"